Draft 2021 NHL Draft and Undrafted Free Agent Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
McTavish looks to have had a great U-18. Anybody watch the tournament and can tell me if he played C?

I think he played the Wing and Stillman was at Center, but I could be wrong. I really liked Stillman, a real banger on the forecheck, created alot of turnovers and chances, plus he has a nice shot.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
So it seems NYR locked into 14/15th spot preLottery

NYR finish +4, Stars +4 with some games left...

(No, not forgetting, Seattle will have top-5(#3 pre-lottery),
but 'Yotes 1st is forfeited)

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
McTavish looks to have had a great U-18. Anybody watch the tournament and can tell me if he played C?

McTavish played center and looked good there. He has a quick release, his skating looks much improved, and he was steady defensively. Took some dumb 3rd period penalties in the final but had a strong tournament overall.

He should definitely be on the radar if we keep our pick.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

and AZ forfeited their pick

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
McTavish played center and looked good there. He has a quick release, his skating looks much improved, and he was steady defensively. Took some dumb 3rd period penalties in the final but had a strong tournament overall.

He should definitely be on the radar if we keep our pick.

I think he looks better as a Wing, he's really good along the boards. That's where he played in the Swiss league and he had lots of shot attempts.

L'Hereux seems like a given for our 1st pick though.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
I think he looks better as a Wing, he's really good along the boards. That's where he played in the Swiss league and he had lots of shot attempts.

I have no opinion on him at all but looks like Zach is ranked in the high 20s by most draft gurus.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I would trade Buch if it could move us up to select Beniers. He'll play next season IMO and is exactly the tireless, hard working, dog on a bone center this team needs right now.

Don't think anyone in this draft should play in the NHL next year... or at least will make a big impact.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

I see this, too, but the U-18's made me raise an eyebrow on the matter, for sure.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
There has to be a center prospect at 14,15,16. Hopefully the Ranger scouts have done their due diligence.
I would rather trade Buch plus a prospect (at a position where we have glut of prospects) for a young Center. Who that is I have no idea. I would imagine it is going to be harder in this flat cap era to do that.

McTavish, Raty, Bolduc, LHeureux, Svechkov

I'm all about trading down and taking the later as he seems like he has an NHL game as a PITA middle sixer.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Also the lack of available draft media for this draft sucks. Last year you could find in depth videos of almost any player you wanted to.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Big fan of Conner Roulette. He and Logan Stankoven are my favourite CHL prospects this draft. In part that's because I watch a lot of WHL games as a T-birds fan of course.
You think he’s a 2nd round guy or a 3rd? 3rd would be great with the extra pick we have there but if he’s a 2nd round guy I wouldn’t mind spending some assets to move into the second and grab him.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

First tie-breaker is regulation wins. We have 24 and Dallas has 17, so there's no way they finish ahead of us.

We are locked into the 16th pick, which is technically 15th due to Arizona losing their pick.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Does making the playoffs trump points for draft standings?
Theoretically St Louis and Montreal could finish with less points than us while still making the playoffs. Does our pick come before theirs?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Does making the playoffs trump points for draft standings?
Theoretically St Louis and Montreal could finish with less points than us while still making the playoffs. Does our pick come before theirs?

Yes. All playoff teams are seeded 17-32. All non-playoff teams are seeded 1-16 (includes Seattle).

Reactions: mike14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad