Draft 2021 NHL Draft and Undrafted Free Agent Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'm sure our box score scout is a big fan :laugh:

Hehe, I'm mostly too, because it's actually a hard job to watch MHL. Very defensive league with a lot of traps etc. Your average U20 quality of hockey isn't very good even comparing to the KHL, let alone NHL. It's not WJC hockey quality by any means as well.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Not just Doan’s but Martin St. Louis’ son Ryan plays for the USNTDP program and I think he’s going to Northeastern where we also have Riley Hughes. Martin was a player who wasn’t drafted and was a college superstar at Vermont. Ryan is small like his father but it also reminds Cliff/Ty Ronning.
I will now be incredibly disappointed if we don't draft Ryan

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hehe, I'm mostly too, because it's actually a hard job to watch MHL. Very defensive league with a lot of traps etc. Your average U20 quality of hockey isn't very good even comparing to the KHL, let alone NHL. It's not WJC hockey quality by any means as well.

Yeah, but the big difference is that we aren't claiming to watch 10-15 games a day. I mean, he doesn't have school or a job when these games are on at 11 AM? :laugh:

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
What’s the lowest we can go at this point? 4 games left against two good teams jockeying for position it’s reasonable to think they could lose all 4 of them.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I like both Doan and MSL's kids, seems like good mid round picks, more bullish on Doans kid but admittedly haven't seen much of St. Louis.

Off topic - finally getting to see 16 yr old phenom Matvei Michkov highlights from the U18s. Yeah, this kid looks to be everything they say he is. 2023 draft, better hope no one in our division wins the lottery that year.

That lacrosse goal the other night was nuts!!

Reactions: Bluenote13

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
NYR pretty much locked into 15th or 14th, pre-lottery
no longer possible to fall into Top 10 pre-lottery
an unlikely run by Canucks, or a win-out by Flyers, could pass NYR
unsure of tie-break vs LAK should they win out and NYR are swept by B's

teamGPtoday, vs.500possible
NYR54+4+2 if swept in reg
DS53+30 <> +6
PF530+3 if win out
LAK51-3+2 if win out
VC47-6+3 if win out
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
There has to be a center prospect at 14,15,16. Hopefully the Ranger scouts have done their due diligence.
I would rather trade Buch plus a prospect (at a position where we have glut of prospects) for a young Center. Who that is I have no idea. I would imagine it is going to be harder in this flat cap era to do that.

Reactions: CLW and egelband

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
There has to be a center prospect at 14,15,16. Hopefully the Ranger scouts have done their due diligence.
I would rather trade Buch plus a prospect (at a position where we have glut of prospects) for a young Center. Who that is I have no idea. I would imagine it is going to be harder in this flat cap era to do that.
I would trade Buch if it could move us up to select Beniers. He'll play next season IMO and is exactly the tireless, hard working, dog on a bone center this team needs right now.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I would trade Buch if it could move us up to select Beniers. He'll play next season IMO and is exactly the tireless, hard working, dog on a bone center this team needs right now.
If that was at all a possibility then I would be on board as well. Would just caution having him jump right in.
I would let him marinate a year before bringing him in if that's possible.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
If that was at all a possibility then I would be on board as well. Would just caution having him jump right in.
I would let him marinate a year before bringing him in if that's possible.
I think he's ready. Already a year of college under his belt (24 points in 24 games), extremely impressive world juniors, he'll already be 19 by November. Good size too. Regardless, he's the competitive player we need right now. Him and Laff would have a field day trying to outcompete each other haha.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I think he's ready. Already a year of college under his belt, extremely impressive world juniors, he'll already be 19 by November. Good size too. Regardless, he's the competitive player we need right now. Him and Laff would have a field day trying to outcompete each other haha.
Yeah I appreciate your glass half full approach but I would have to see who the coach is. None of the guys at forward we have "rushed" up has really worked out.
I think you're right his competitive nature is really good but can only get better as he becomes more physically mature to battle in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->