Draft 2021 NHL Draft and Undrafted Free Agent Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Wallstedt is leaps and bounds better than both Knight and Askarov. He's shown that even when he was 16 and now killing it playing against men. Would have to think he is a possibility if he falls to the Rangers.

With that said, I do think there would be teams in the top 5 that are in need of a stud keeper and he has the talent to go No. 1.

Reactions: eco's bones

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
29th in points%, only above Red wings and Sens. Didnt realize it's going this bad lol

I like L.Hughes and Eklund. Don't think Wallstedt is worth it since I trust on Shetsy to be a top tier longterm starter

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
29th in points%, only above Red wings and Sens. Didnt realize it's going this bad lol

I like L.Hughes and Eklund. Don't think Wallstedt is worth it since I trust on Shetsy to be a top tier longterm starter
Would be cool to draft Luke and have him shut his brother down for his whole career.

I really have no interest in drafting this high again though. Really hope this team plays themselves out of a top ten pick this year. That’s more important than a kid that might start helping the team by 2025.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Wallstedt is leaps and bounds better than both Knight and Askarov. He's shown that even when he was 16 and now killing it playing against men. Would have to think he is a possibility if he falls to the Rangers.

With that said, I do think there would be teams in the top 5 that are in need of a stud keeper and he has the talent to go No. 1.
If the Rangers draft in top-10, but not top-5, and because I believe that guys like Powers, Clarke, Edvinsson, Beniers, Guenther (my current top-5) will be gone, I would pounce on Wallstedt. Of course the debate then becomes Wallstedt vs. Johnson, Eklund, Lambos & Guenther.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Wallstedt in the top 5 is a maybe, just based on how goalies are valued in the NHL.

Wallstedt in the top 10 is definite possibility.

Beniers is one of the few consensus top 10 players in this draft. Will likely never be the highest scoring player, but if all the pieces come together, he's definitely a prospect who could be the Toews/Bergeron of the 2020s.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Has anyone here watched Cole Sillinger play at all

I liked what I saw last year and thought of him as someone who bring that element of being a shoot first type, or the guy you get the puck into the higher percentage areas.

He's not the guy with the best 200 foot game, or necessarily the most complete offensive package. He's a lot more in the mold of a goal-scorer you pair with a playmaker to bury the puck.

Reactions: Fitzy

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Chaz Lucius scored 2 today in his season debut. Seems like another good center option

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Wallstedt is 18. Igor is 25. I like Igor as mich as the next guy buys with seven years between them, that’s a pick you can make.

Would hurts because of all the other wasted picks on goalies in recent history, but Wallstedt is the one whose worth it.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I liked what I saw last year and thought of him as someone who bring that element of being a shoot first type, or the guy you get the puck into the higher percentage areas.

He's not the guy with the best 200 foot game, or necessarily the most complete offensive package. He's a lot more in the mold of a goal-scorer you pair with a playmaker to bury the puck.
He basically seems like Laine light to me. A I e trick pony whose one trick is pretty good. Sillinger could have a long career as a consistent 20+ goal scorer

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Wallstedt is 18. Igor is 25. I like Igor as mich as the next guy buys with seven years between them, that’s a pick you can make.

Would hurts because of all the other wasted picks on goalies in recent history, but Wallstedt is the one whose worth it.
Unless in too 5, I completely agree. Take Wallstedt and don’t look back. Set up the franchise for success for next 10-15 years; what with the goalie and defense pipeline.

I said this before, he is the one prospect in this draft that I would say is likely to hit the “elite” level.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Dude, this board is gonna implode, if they pick Wallstedt.

As for C: I don't want an allrounder, I want an offensive wizard. We got enough two way guys. We need guys that get the puck in the O-zone and can keep it there.

We were stuck with our choice at #1, picked Laf, who's totally fine, but Stützle is clearly the offensive wizard of that draft imo.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Dude, this board is gonna implode, if they pick Wallstedt.

I don't want an allrounder, I want an offensive wizard.
1) who cares of if the board implodes? seems to happen at least every other day now.

2) if you are looking for an offensive wizard, you ain’t finding him in this draft.

3) Stuetzle is not going to sustain this shooting percentage

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
1) who cares of if the board implodes? seems to happen at least every other day now.

2) if you are looking for an offensive wizard, you ain’t finding him in this draft.

3) Stuetzle is not going to sustain this shooting percentage

1) lmao, true that

2) le sad

3) he won't, but he's still offensively more gifted than Laf and will outscore him in their careers. imo

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Beniers and Johnson with a G and A each tonight in a losing cause.

Play again today at 5:30 on Big Ten Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad