NFL: 2021 NFL Trade Deadline Rumors, Speculation, and Minor Trades Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There just wasn't a path for that to happen, despite getting weekly warnings to keep an eye on the situation. Zero chance. These guys just wanted clicks obviously.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I'm not sure how settling these lawsuits was the only impediment. Even if Watson paid whatever it took to make them all go away, there's still the open question about whether any criminal action will happen. There's also the question of whether the NFL would then feel pressured to issue some sort of suspension. Right now, the NFL is able to be silent while waiting for criminal/civil stuff to work itself out because Watson isn't playing. But if a team gave up a lot to trade for him, they'd want to play him right away.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They had been talking for months, and said Watson would only waive to go to the Dolphins (for a while), and you mean to tell me he only spoke to the owner last night?

Sure, Jan.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Another one that couldn't happen. They only just restructured his deal like 7 weeks ago. Would've been like $37M in dead cap. They'd have a hard time fielding a team.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
DeSean wasn’t traded so he was cut. Wonder if he ends up in NOLA

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
DeSean wasn’t traded so he was cut. Wonder if he ends up in NOLA
Rams lost their speedy WR that they drafted in round 2 this past draft. Can’t afford an injury to Kupp, Woods or Jefferson now. but can get that the Rams don’t want guys who aren’t happy there.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rams lost their speedy WR that they drafted in round 2 this past draft. Can’t afford an injury to Kupp, Woods or Jefferson now. but can get that the Rams don’t want guys who aren’t happy there.
DeSean isn’t the answer even if that did happen

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
OBJ told not to practice. Baker's press availability today cancelled.

My guess is OBJ is about to be cut.

Or sent home permanently. They still owe him his salary. Don’t give him the satisfaction of joining another team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad