NFL GDT: 2021 NFL Schedule

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Anybody know or have any theories as to why there are still byes on December 12 (Dolphins have that day as their bye instead of after their London game)? I don't remember there being any past Thanksgiving in the past. This seems beyond ridiculous.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Anybody know or have any theories as to why there are still byes on December 12 (Dolphins have that day as their bye instead of after their London game)? I don't remember there being any past Thanksgiving in the past. This seems beyond ridiculous.
The Dolphins have been amenable to not having their bye after the London trip but I think it just boils down to having as many games as possible each week.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
The Dolphins have been amenable to not having their bye after the London trip but I think it just boils down to having as many games as possible each week.
Yeah, the Dolphins have been overly accommodating as far as their London trips because they want to remain in the Super Bowl host rotation. I get the concept of wanting as many games each week as possible, I guess I just got used to the idea that once we hit Thanksgiving we get a full schedule the rest of the way. Plus if a team has a ton of players banged up it hurts having the bye so late (same with the early byes too, I know)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, the Dolphins have been overly accommodating as far as their London trips because they want to remain in the Super Bowl host rotation. I get the concept of wanting as many games each week as possible, I guess I just got used to the idea that once we hit Thanksgiving we get a full schedule the rest of the way. Plus if a team has a ton of players banged up it hurts having the bye so late (same with the early byes too, I know)
Having two byes would be helpful for this.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Only seen schedules for a few teams, but it appears that bye weeks start in week 6, rather than in week 4 in prior seasons. Looks like byes occur as late as week 14.

So, that would be 9 bye weeks, so around 4 teams per week should get a bye. I did see on the NFLN, that 6 teams have a bye on the same week, during one of their fantasy discussions. Seems odd that 6 teams would be on a bye in the same week, but I guess that is to maybe compensate for Thanksgiving when 3 games get played on Thursday, thus there may be no bye weeks during that week.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Only seen schedules for a few teams, but it appears that bye weeks start in week 6, rather than in week 4 in prior seasons. Looks like byes occur as late as week 14.

So, that would be 9 bye weeks, so around 4 teams per week should get a bye. I did see on the NFLN, that 6 teams have a bye on the same week, during one of their fantasy discussions. Seems odd that 6 teams would be on a bye in the same week, but I guess that is to maybe compensate for Thanksgiving when 3 games get played on Thursday, thus there may be no bye weeks during that week.
Yeah on 2nd thought, week 4 was always too early for a team to have a bye. This will probably be better in the long run.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
NFL seems awfully confident UK fans will be allowed to go to the games by then.

Their rate of vaccination is not quite up to par with US, from what I understand. And if fans can't be there, then whats the point?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
NFL seems awfully confident UK fans will be allowed to go to the games by then.

Their rate of vaccination is not quite up to par with US, from what I understand. And if fans can't be there, then whats the point?
Media and market attention

Yeah on 2nd thought, week 4 was always too early for a team to have a bye. This will probably be better in the long run.
I don’t mind week 4 so much as I did week 3. They all essentially get a bye in week 4 of preseason and sometimes earlier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->