NFL: 2021 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I get it. The earning potential from being a LT vs RT is massively different.
If he's going to end up getting franchised tagged, it certainly will.

As a free agent, a he could sign with a team who wants him at LT and pay him accordingly.

Man, we have entered into a new age where OL demand trades.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
This kind of stuff is where analytics can work to find ways to improve.
- Identify a trend.
- Figure out what causes the trend.
- Change your behavior to avoid being part of the trend.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They probably want spectators for that game, so I would think further back in the season most likely on SNF. Though who knows how they will handle attendance.
You don’t want to do that in case one team is bad. Do it early when you have the best chance to have both guys on the field. Late-season matchups are driven by the quality of teams.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Jesus f*** Cal, what are you doing?

Bob McNair wasn't exactly what i'd call an upstanding citizen but I feel confident in saying he would have never let the Texans become that incompetent.

Old bastard is probably rolling in his grave rn.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jesus f*** Cal, what are you doing?

Bob McNair wasn't exactly what i'd call an upstanding citizen but I feel confident in saying he would have never let the Texans become that incompetent.

Old bastard is probably rolling in his grave rn.
The book on Cal is that he was always way worse than the father.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Loser franchise doing loser things. But but but but Watson should suit up and give it his all! Why the hell would he put himself on the line for such zeros?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Loser franchise doing loser things. But but but but Watson should suit up and give it his all! Why the hell would he put himself on the line for such zeros?

Because the chuds demand it. Duh.

Pretty bad when a good portion of the Texans fanbase supports Watson and yet people here get their panties in a knot about muh entitlement

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Big thing here, the NFL wants the next TV deals to be done and signed before setting the new salary cap. And it is mostly done, and has been for a while. The issue is coming in with Thursday Night Football. The NFL wants Amazon to be involved, but no one wants to produce them since everyone now has a competing streaming service, especially ESPN who seem to be favored to land the package (and the largest service).

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

Big thing here, the NFL wants the next TV deals to be done and signed before setting the new salary cap. And it is mostly done, and has been for a while. The issue is coming in with Thursday Night Football. The NFL wants Amazon to be involved, but no one wants to produce them since everyone now has a competing streaming service, especially ESPN who seem to be favored to land the package (and the largest service).

I’d like them to introduce another day in the week for football, as well. Maybe Wednesday. Take one of the saturated Sunday 1pm starts and move it. With Covid, it was nice to have an extra day for football sometimes.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’d like them to introduce another day in the week for football, as well. Maybe Wednesday. Take one of the saturated Sunday 1pm starts and move it. With Covid, it was nice to have an extra day for football sometimes.
Wednesday doesn’t really make any sense because there’s not enough rest time. I would replace Thursday night with the Monday twilight game.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wednesday doesn’t really make any sense because there’s not enough rest time. I would replace Thursday night with the Monday twilight game.
NFL needs to add an Extra Bye Week so that the two teams playing in TNF are off the prior Sunday so that there is no short week. In essence works as 2 mini byes as they get 3 extra days before and after the TNF game. Would also improve the quality of the game IMO that they are trying to sell to networks.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
NFL needs to add an Extra Bye Week so that the two teams playing in TNF are off the prior Sunday so that there is no short week. In essence works as 2 mini byes as they get 3 extra days before and after the TNF game. Would also improve the quality of the game IMO that they are trying to sell to networks.
Until they do it, Wednesday’s aren’t an option. There’s also the issue of watering down prime time matchups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad