NFL: 2021 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
What's brutal about it?

I'd love to have that job.
I'm saying this respectfully but you probably have no idea how difficult and time consuming it was, plus the amount of detail you have to follow.

Data keeping, grainy film, that era of the NFL was not recorded in qradruplicate like it is today. You say you like it, and I might as well, but poring over 50 year old game books gets old fast, especially when you're logging stats and have to be precise. I would be shocked if they weren't following some double check for quality process.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

On one hand he never lived up to being the 9th pick, but on the other he was a nice player for over a decade. 2 Hall of Famers were picked within 5 pics after him, Marshawn Lynch and Revis, so yes it could have been better but there were more that had much shorter careers.

And he still has one of the best college football highlights of all time

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I'm saying this respectfully but you probably have no idea how difficult and time consuming it was, plus the amount of detail you have to follow.

Data keeping, grainy film, that era of the NFL was not recorded in qradruplicate like it is today. You say you like it, and I might as well, but poring over 50 year old game books gets old fast, especially when you're logging stats and have to be precise. I would be shocked if they weren't following some double check for quality process.
Good points and I don't disagree with what you're saying but I'd still take it over my job and a lot other jobs.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Wonder how much it cost to build as he apparently bought land for $2.6M and then had custom built home

$30M seems like excessive ask IMO.. You can get as good if not better homes in some of the North Burbs along lakefront here in Illinois for 1/2 or 1/3 of that price with more acres as well

I know living in Cali comes with absurdly overpriced home costs but I would suspect this will be difficult to unload at that price

Also wonder if he will have some of the same issues as MJ who has been unable to unload his custom built home for years and cut its price from nearly $30M a decade ago to less then $15M now ($14.9M) and he still cant find any interested party at that price as its been delisted/relisted at that price several times now

MJ built away from Lake which is one reason his house hasn't sold (If your going to ask for moon at least be on body of water with view) as well as fact too much of MJ's home is custom to his needs/interests making it difficult to resell

Also the taxes and upkeep on MJ's house play into it as well

In MJ's case IMO a more drastic cut is needed to move it. In past he tried to go auction route with minimum bid of $13M and no one wanted it

I think at this point after nearly decade unable to sell he should drop price to $8-9M and just unload it. At $8-9M he can probably find a buyer IMO

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Dis gon be goooood.

Giving Peyton the floor to just break down the game in front of him in real time? Sign me up. I could listen Manning talk about the game for hours just because of his sheer command and ability to explain it in a simple way.

Better than whatever garbage the main feed will have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad