NFL: 2021 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Makes perfect sense for Dallas to be the featured team, in fact I'm surprised it's not Dallas every year.
Who were the other teams that could have been approached? I know that they can’t ask first year HC or playoff teams right?

Jerry likes the publicity so no surprise he’s fine with it.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Who knows how it will play out yet, but from everything I’ve been reading it wouldn’t be a shock if Trey Lance is starting from the get.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Who knows how it will play out yet, but from everything I’ve been reading it wouldn’t be a shock if Trey Lance is starting from the get.
SF can cut Jimmy at any time. Not sure if there’s any clause that guarantees his salary for the year if he’s on the opening day roster.

so no surprise that they want to push Lance in ota. Might as well see what they have.

the thing for SF is the backup job if they cut Jimmy.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
SF can cut Jimmy at any time. Not sure if there’s any clause that guarantees his salary for the year if he’s on the opening day roster.

so no surprise that they want to push Lance in ota. Might as well see what they have.

They still have Rosen under contract. They may think of him as that guy.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia

Reminiscent of Wilson showing up and punting Matt Flynn right out of his way, if Lance has that sort of drive and ability.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Reminiscent of Wilson showing up and punting Matt Flynn right out of his way, if Lance has that sort of drive and ability.
I remember that clearly. With the way Russ’ career has went, Matt never stood a chance.
You make that kind of trade, he should be.
I hope the decision to start him (if they do) is because he’s the better qb, not what they gave up for him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I remember that clearly. With the way Russ’ career has went, Matt never stood a chance.

I hope the decision to start him (if they do) is because he’s the better qb, not what they gave up for him.
Flynn had guaranteed money as a free agent, so a 3rd round pick in Wilson came in and took the job. With Lance, he's a 3OA pick and Jimmy has not guaranteed money, but does come with a high base salary.

Lance, I think SF wants him to start and will give him every opportunity to do it. But, have Jimmy in their back pocket if Lance isn't ready.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Someone's gonna get hurt and at that point, Garoppolo will look attractive.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

Vested vets salary becomes guaranteed if they are on the roster week 1

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He’s worth the gamble but between him and JJAW there’s going to be a rep on these big pac 12 receivers whose best attribute is catching contested balls. Aiyuk is a different kind of receiver.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He’s worth the gamble but between him and JJAW there’s going to be a rep on these big pac 12 receivers whose best attribute is catching contested balls. Aiyuk is a different kind of receiver.
These are not #1 WR. These are guys who would be part of your trio of WR. The size guys who should help in the RZ. Need a speedster and a good route runner to make it work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->