NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Championship Game: (1) Green Bay Packers vs (5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

GB vs TB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There are a handful of game changing plays in a game.

GB settling for a FG when they had first and goal in Q2.
GB giving up a TD from their own 39 with 8 seconds on the clock at the snap. That is Jets/raiders level of D in an NFCC game.
TB throwing a pick in FG range could have iced the game earlier.
GB on their final series. Rodgers could have run to make it a 4th and 2/3 to go for the TD. GB could have opted to go for it.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
It probably was and that is why it is not worth watching a league that is making billions off fans and is too effing cheap to pay REAL officials.
If they had just called the game properly it would peobably have been over early because GB doesn't have a defensive back who can cover a receiver without holding him.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I went ahead and was reliving some of the Packers recent fails in Championship games. holy shit....i forgot how insanely bad 2014 game was. like you shouldn't have been able to lose that game if you tried....

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I went ahead and was reliving some of the Packers recent fails in Championship games. holy shit....i forgot how insanely bad 2014 game was. like you shouldn't have been able to lose that game if you tried....

I watched this too recently. A collective team effort to screw it up. Wilson was intercepted 4 times. I think it was Shields just falling down after the 4th thinking they won it. Rodgers intercepted by Sherman in the end zone. The punter throwing a touchdown. Im not even sure how they converted the two points. That was a really bad loss.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
You know it gets tiresome when certain posters go on and on about games being fixed and the refs being bought off. If a person believes that than why in the hell invest their time into something where an unfavourable outcome is predetermined? And then whine about it? It's bloody illogical.
How would you know beforehand the game is going to be fixed?? Unless the Packers fire the entire coaching staff and GM and revamp the defense I won't be watching another NFL game.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Lafleur coaching with an old school mentality for a younger HC. Old school is to rely on the D with your timeouts.

but if the strength of the team is on O you give them a shot at it.

1) get the TD and the 2 points. Now have to defend Brady in a 2 minute drill for a game winning FG
2) get TD and miss the 2 points. Can either onside it or kick it deep. Likely he kicks it deep given he played for the FG. So relying on D to get a stop.
3) miss the TD and TB gets it inside the 10 depending on the play call. Was it thrown into the end zone or short hoping to run it in. Still have to stop TB but they are deep.

Reactions: DueDiligence

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Rodgers is a whiny baby, that post game presser was pathetic
This game was so set up for AR to show the world his coach was holding his team and himself back.That was the narrative to start the season and AR just tore it up all season just to crawl back to his past.
A home game in January vs the GOAT , The table was set for him to prove himself ,Brady even coughed it up on a silver platter 3 times in the 2nd half.
GB had it all right in thier hands and blew it.

People wanna cry about the Reffs , most good teams can overcome a few setbacks. Rogers /GB starting to look like Romo/Cowboys of the North that lucked in to a ring not a team being held back by a crap coach.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
This game is on Rodgers... Twice he had 1st and goal and failed.

Rodgers been holding this team back, imagine they had someone like Favre in his prime this whole time they make it back more than once I think

Reactions: PanthersPens62

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
This game was so set up for AR to show the world his coach was holding his team and himself back.That was the narrative to start the season and AR just tore it up all season just to crawl back to his past.
A home game in January vs the GOAT , The table was set for him to prove himself ,Brady even coughed it up on a silver platter 3 times in the 2nd half.
GB had it all right in thier hands and blew it.

People wanna cry about the Reffs , most good teams can overcome a few setbacks. Rogers /GB starting to look like Romo/Cowboys of the North that lucked in to a ring not a team being held back by a crap coach.
Brady threw the pics but Rodgers kept getting sacked. I blame the QB for some of those sacks.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
This game is on Rodgers... Twice he had 1st and goal and failed.

Rodgers been holding this team back, imagine they had someone like Favre in his prime this whole time they make it back more than once I think
nahhhh they need a winner like Brady!

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
LaFleur obviously made a dumb decision.

The Packers needed a TD, one way or another.

What do you think has the better chance statistically of happening:

1) Converting a 4th-and-goal from the 8 yard line, and then converting a 2 point conversion.

2) Kicking a FG, then forcing a 3-and-out on defense, and then marching 60 or 70 yards down the field after the punt in 1:20 with 0 timeouts to score a TD.

I am pretty sure the first option has the far greater chance of success.

The first option requires your offense to make 2 key plays to tie the game and force overtime.

The second option requires your defense to make 3 key plays and then your offense to make some big plays to move the ball 60-70 yards in 1:20 with 0 timeouts.

Many more things have to go perfect for you in the 2nd option.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
A 43 year old throwing 40 TD's........ seriously, have the rules swung that much in favor of offense?

Last edited:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Brady isn't the GOAT in my eyes. He's the best of a watered down era of football where defense is legislated out of the league.

A 43 year old throwing 40 TD's........ seriously, is this flag football?
Rules do favour offensive play now and you are not allowed to hit any player like you used to. But how come he is the only one to do what he's doing?
And I'd like to see you last one play in this flag football!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
LaFleur obviously made a dumb decision.

The Packers needed a TD, one way or another.

What do you think has the better chance statistically of happening:

1) Converting a 4th-and-goal from the 8 yard line, and then converting a 2 point conversion.

2) Kicking a FG, then forcing a 3-and-out on defense, and then marching 60 or 70 yards down the field after the punt in 1:20 with 0 timeouts to score a TD.

I am pretty sure the first option has the far greater chance of success.

The first option requires your offense to make 2 key plays to tie the game and force overtime.

The second option requires your defense to make 3 key plays and then your offense to make some big plays to move the ball 60-70 yards in 1:20 with 0 timeouts.

Many more things have to go perfect for you in the 2nd option.
Rodgers could have helped the coaching staff by running it on third down to make it much closer to go for it.

I would have taken the shot to tie the game. Could live if Brady went down for the game winning FG with 2 minutes and all of his timeouts. Everything was riding on their final possession.

I used the Seahawks last year as a prime example. They ended up 4th and 10 from midfield and punted to Rodgers who secured 2 key first downs and ended the game. I would have banked on wilson Making a play than the D getting Rodgers off the field.

maybe they still lose the game if Brady has to get a FG to win. Even trying to milk the clock Brady isn’t afraid to throw it.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Skip is a paid troll, the sooner everyone realizes it the better. He used to be a respectable journalist many years ago, go figure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad