2021 NCAA, CHL, OHL and European prospects thread - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
upload_2021-4-30_10-3-22.png

This is quite impressive knee bend for a 6`2 190 pound forward. In full stride his hips are only a few inches higher than his knee. We really haven't seen him play since the shutdown last year and it's quite possible he improved his skating to the point where it is a strength. Below is a scouting report from last spring.

Skating

Pytlik’s skating is a bit of a work in progress. His first step and acceleration are average. His top-end speed is a little bit better but would be classified as above average. He could work on lengthening his stride in order to generate a bit more speed. Pytlik also needs work on his agility and edgework. His turns are wide and take away speed. He is much better moving in a straight line than needing to make quick cuts or changes in direction. Pytlik is strong for his age though. He has good core strength which helps him to be strong on the puck. He battles for loose pucks in the corners. Pytlik is also good at establishing his position in front of the net.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
You make it sound so.... final :(
I’m guessing the team flies him over and signs him?

I’m using my legendary keen goalie scouting skills and my first-hand vast detailed evaluations of all our goalie prospects play and predict that Daws will definitely play in the AHL next year.

And I’m totally basing my claim that Daws will play in the AHL on those very real and not completely imaginary skills. I know I never claimed to have them before, or shown them in any way and have actually said before I don’t much about goalie prospects (other than I love love love Schmid’s character and his ability to battle back from setbacks) but that was mere modesty.

My prediction is not related to the Devils Executive who, during the last pre-game show, said outright that Daws was going to play in the AHL next season. Great, goalie prospect savvy, minds think alike. Pure coincidence.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Gritsyuk was great in MHL and VHL. Has no real shot in KHL. Would be interesting to see how he will make his next step.
After a couple of years in the KHL, he can immediately get into the NHL and strengthen our squad. Perhaps by this time, the Devils will start to seriously qualify for the playoffs.

I wonder with Chinakov leaving to join CBJ if Gritsyuk has a legitimate chance of making the KHL team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->