NBA 2021 NBA Draft

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

When it comes to basketball, I'm an NCAA guy and Illini fan first and foremost.

The Bulls picking up Dosunmu is going to make me immediately pay a lot more attention to them again.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Pretty happy with the Raptors draft. Think they had a clear vision and stuck to it, also think Lowry is still a positive asset many don't consider for the franchise. I believe we can still sign and trade him... And if not, there is nothing saying he doesn't return. We have some cap flexibility and options to still pick up a big difference maker.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
smh stupid pick by my raptors stupid stupid but why am i surprised.
I'm going to reserve judgement on the Raptors selection. I know Bruno Cabocolo will come up, but this is also the same group that drafted Siakam and Anunoby, players with similar 'flaws' like Barnes. My only 'concern' is the lack of positioning and the fixation with defense. The lack of positioning is a concern because at some point, you want to see a player excel in a specific role or spot. Having 'versatility' is great, but you never master your role. As for the fixation with defense, you also want your players to be well versed offensively. One of the concerns I have with Anunoby is that his offensive game is so inconsistent. Some nights he's a million bucks and other nights, he's ten cents. Nurse needs to find a way to develop the offensive side of his game and that's what concerns me with Barnes. Yes he might be a great fit for your defensive schemes, but how are you gig to develop his offensive side of the game? At least with Suggs, the offensive game was there. Hopefully they get Barnes up to speed and Flynn is ready to take on the starting point guard role. If this backfires and if Suggs comes out of the gates roaring to go, this is going to look real bad.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Thank you Toronto. Sweet Christ alive THANK YOU! I mean.... imagine if we had a guy like Suggs while AG was still in town. What a lucky break

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009

When it comes to basketball, I'm an NCAA guy and Illini fan first and foremost.

The Bulls picking up Dosunmu is going to make me immediately pay a lot more attention to them again.

Why did he slip to the second round? I remember Mocks early on having him in the mid 1st round or earlier throughout the year. Thought he played well in college as well. What am I missing?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why did he slip to the second round? I remember Mocks early on having him in the mid 1st round or earlier throughout the year. Thought he played well in college as well. What am I missing?

Scouts dont like how he shoots , He had high turnover rate and ultimately scouts put alot into his struggles vs Loyola which seems absurd to put so much into one game but in his case it hurt him at draft

Reactions: lilphildub

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad