GDT: 2021 MLB Spring Training

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Astros top prospect Forrest Whitley might need Tommy John surgery. He'll look for a 2nd opinion. Looks like he jinxed himself when he said he felt great and estimated that he could pitch 140 to 160 innings. This was supposed to be a make or break season for him so a big blow if he ends up getting it. Was it 3 years ago he got suspended for taking Adderall? Two years ago, had arm fatigue, and last year had arm discomfort.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Going from the voice of god to the voice of mom.

Change isn’t always a bad thing, sometimes the reasons are.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Jimmie Foxx is really underrated and its shocking given markets he played in

His name is often never brought up in talk about the greats of that era for some reason and with regards to greatest players of alltime

His life after baseball was pretty depressing

The Philadelphia Athletics are under appreciated for their era.

Actually, the A’s have had era’s where they were powerhouses but rarely get talked about:

Early 1910’s
Late 20’s/Early 30’
Early 70’s
Late 80’s/Early 90’s

Reactions: John Price

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Jimmie Foxx is really underrated and its shocking given markets he played in

His name is often never brought up in talk about the greats of that era for some reason and with regards to greatest players of alltime

His life after baseball was pretty depressing

2nd best 1B of all time. Top-25 player of all time.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

Actually, the A’s have had era’s where they were powerhouses but rarely get talked about:

Early 1910’s
Late 20’s/Early 30’
Early 70’s
Late 80’s/Early 90’s
the '29 and '30 A's definitely don't get talked about enough for how good they were. probably because the franchise went into a complete tailspin after losing the '31 WS and didn't return to the playoffs again until '71

the early 70s A's are pretty much a forgotten dynasty

late 80s/'90 A's should've won all 3 of the WS they made but only came away with one

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Early 1910’s
Late 20’s/Early 30’
Early 70’s
Late 80’s/Early 90’s

Plenty of people talk up the late 80's/early 90's A's

But the conversation has heavily shifted to Canseco/McGuire steroids aspect at forefront

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

But the conversation has heavily shifted to Canseco/McGuire steroids aspect at forefront

Speaking of which, I need a new batch of baseball caps for this year.

I got 9 during the pandemic year, I wore out the White Sox cap I bought..great cap though.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Because people have to try and downplay everything.

Those two were the best ‘roiders in a ‘roid era. I’m sure when (and if LOL) the Sox ever win 3 pennants in a row (or rings like Oakland did in the 70’s), people will find flaws in individuals from those teams, too.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
All you gotta do is look how much he’s making.

?

I mean, good, the strategy works and I was not even commenting on that, but does it mean I should enjoy that? The dumb jock is not a personality that appeals to me. I mean, I loved Gronk as a player and he is a likable goof, but I do not watch his stuff because it brings me nothing. Is it a good marketing strategy? Absolutely. Do I find dumb people saying dumb stuff interesting? No.

Honestly, I do not care about who the players are, I care about their performance. I understand I am in the minority and I am fine with that. All I was saying is that I did not "love" Harper's personality. Well, I do not know the guy at all, so maybe he is a great guy. Point was and still is, this approach does not appeal TO ME! "You gotta love it". No I don't. Anyway, not a big deal hehe.

Sep 19, 2008
Lot of teams opening up to fans albeit with limited attendance. Nats were recently approved for 5000 fans in the home opener

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Ohtani is leading off today and is the starting pitcher. Pretty cool.
2-2 with a double and a walk off of snell/melancon, 4 IP, 1 ER, 5Ks including tatis, fastball up to 101MPH. Very normal and good.

Reactions: darko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->