GDT: 2021 MLB draft

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
My thought on Leiter: he’s not signing with Texas. I’ve never seen someone more miserable to be a top three pick. He never mentioned the Rangers organization once. He mentioned Rocker’s new team more than his.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Rocker has like 2 pitches and his velocity is down. That's why he fell, would be awesome to see the Mets fix him though.

Rockies passed on Kahlil Watson because the organization is racist

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Rocker has like 2 pitches and his velocity is down. That's why he fell, would be awesome to see the Mets fix him though.

Rockies passed on Kahlil Watson because the organization is racist
Well good thing the mets are experienced with developing pitchers. Not like they've had plenty of talent pitch for them in the past few years or something.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
My thought on Leiter: he’s not signing with Texas. I’ve never seen someone more miserable to be a top three pick. He never mentioned the Rangers organization once. He mentioned Rocker’s new team more than his.
he tried hard to end up in Boston from what I've heard. im sure he'll end up signing with the rangers though. Doubt they would've picked him if there were any potential signing issues

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Rocker's stock has been dropping for a while now. So much that he became a fringe top 5 pick.

This is definitely a make or break move for Avila in Detroit though. Mayer fell due in the part to $$$ and Detroit needs position players. Jobe apparently has one of the higher ceilings in the draft though.

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
MLB went from having the draft at their quaint little studio to having an NFL Draft-esque production lol.

edit: just saw them pan to a crowd shot and there’s like 500 people there lol. Just stop it. Trying way too hard, MLB.

Last edited:

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
..... and the Toronto Blue Jay's draft a player that just had Tommy John surgery. So no pitching for a year and he's going to be a year behind in development time. Smart......

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
..... and the Toronto Blue Jay's draft a player that just had Tommy John surgery. So no pitching for a year and he's going to be a year behind in development time. Smart......
He was one of the most polished college pitchers before his injury, and would have been a top 10 pick if he hadn’t got hurt. It’s a great pick.

Reactions: BSHH

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Bit of a gamble for sure, but teams passed on Walker Buehler because of injury concerns. He had Tommy John right after being drafted but I imagine the Dodgers were happy being patient.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad