Prospect Info: 2021 Los Angeles Kings Prospect Rankings #9

Who is the Kings #9 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I can appreciate all that as a "plus" for Kirsanov while "not a minus" for Kim. Hard to hold league against a guy, especially because different franchises treat youth differently.

But re the boldfaced I really have a hard time holding that against Europeans who are for the most part developing where we want, there are only so many spaces on the Ontario blueline! I'm not sure offhand what his contract with his team was, but that's a factor--ie even Kirsanov could be 'ready' next year but if his contract isn't up he isn't going anywhere. Similarly, Simontaival has a three year deal with KalPa. Can't do much about that
Perhaps the contract piece came over as critical, that not how intended it. You’re correct it’s a development situation and he has plenty of time. I was more trying to emphasize the development of Kiransov because the way Yanetti was talking I think they will want him over for his D+3 season. I worded it badly.

Again, not holding Liiga against him, it’s a great league that has pumped out NHL players. My point is the number of KHL games, and Kiransovs usage compared to Nousaianens in their draft years. Nousaianens usage and development is fairly typical and that is perfectly fine. Kirsanov’s is far better than you’d expect of most 18 year olds in the KHL…. Maybe it’s because he’s really 38! :naughty: In the KHL 18 year olds don’t normally get a regular shift, he did on the 2nd pair.

Sorry for the poor wording, I’m knackered but have a bought of insomnia. It’s now 03:37….

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
While we are in the 7-9 area layer, I was looking for Wrobo quotes on Thomas and Madden. (who better to listen to, on them) Took awhile to find the Thomas one.
Still looking for the Madden one...but it was after a pre-season game and he said great things about his game. Was asked "what did you like about Madden's game?" and
he replied "everything..." and went on, but can't find it. So RJ was correct, Madden was awesome in some pre-season games.

On Thomas:
Thomas, who played in all 40 games for the Reign this season, recorded 26 points (11-15-26) and played a consistent, intelligent game and won over the trust of the coaching staff according to Wroblewski.
“He’s sort of like an avalanche, he just keeps on rolling. He doesn’t ever make any mistakes or get stopped. He also makes around four elite plays a game and they sometimes go unnoticed. He’s extremely unique, heady, and you get the nights where he racks up the hat tricks and assists and is the game-changer. I was impressed with his rookie year, and a couple more steps he could someday push for a spot with the Kings.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad