Jul 1, 2003
Rank. Name, Pos (%), change from last year
1. Quinton Byfield, F (98.6%), +0
2. Brandt Clarke, D (43.3%), NR
3. Alex Turcotte, F (69.9%), +0
4. Arthur Kaliyev, F (94.1%), +1
5. Brock Faber, D (44.6%), +9

+ Martin Chromiak, F

Last year's rankings for comparisons (and what I'm referencing for "change of last year"): Prospect Info: - 2020 Los Angeles Kings Prospect Rankings #40

Here are the rules I'll be following:

- I won't vote unless it's a tie breaker. So there should never be an "overtime" or tie to keep this going.
- the crieteria for prospects is straightforward: they have to be eligible to win the calder, and the Kings must own the player's rights, whether it's through the draft or an SPC (so AHL-only contracts don't count, but a player like Tkachev counts, since he is Calder-eligible)
- feel free to make a nomination after voting. Again, in the event of a tie, I'll be the tie breaker.
- use whatever criteria you wish for the next best available. Raw skill? Upside? NHL readiness? Progress since drafted? Astrological Sign?

I'll always list the candidates in alphabetical order. By default, I'm setting the timer at 24 hours, as I hope to go through the entire list. If it seems like a landslide, I'll call it early.

List of eligible players to be nominated:
Brayden Burke, F
Alexander Dergachyev
Braden Doyle, D
Aidan Dudas, F
Sean Durzi, D
Samuel Helenius, F
David Hrenak, G
Jacob Ingham, G
Aatu Jamsen, F
Kirill Kirsanov, D
Alex Laferriere, F
Andre Lee, F
Juho Markkanen, G
Ben Meehan, D
Jacob Moverare, D
Lukas Parik, G
Markus Phillips, D
Bulat Shafigullin, F
Kasper Simontaival, F
Austin Strand, D
Johan Sodergran, F
Vladimir Tkachev, F
Matthew Villalta, G

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Had to go Kupari here. Add Kirsanov! I think Parik should be higher on this year's rankings compared to last year too.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Madden, add Moverare

My hot take time--Madden's got the highest ceiling of any remaining prospect as a dynamic scoring player. I think he's so, so uncertain to reach it in comparison to some of the other guys (Fagemo, Kupari), but I think on raw ability alone, he's just outside our top tier.

Honestly I also had Fagemo here but I think Kupari's got a little more attitude and rebounded amazingly from a knee injury I wasn't sure about, especially with how much of his game was based on explosive skating. I dont think he's got a very high ceiling, but he already looks like a right-handed Kempe. I would personally see Fagemo as a complementary winger who drives the net so he can play on higher lines, but I see Kupari as a middle-six play driver himself in a way. It's a tough selection and if you ask me tomorrow I'd likely change my answer so just trying to commit to it in ink before I change my mind again!

Reactions: dick341 and Gjwrams

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Yep. I have Kupari/Madden/Fagemo and Akil in a group. They can honestly go 6,7,8 and 9 for me and in ANY order.

Last edited:
Reactions: Statto

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Went with Thomas here on a heavy intangibles lean over the other guys in this group. Shoulder surgery dampens things a bit but I like the all-around game and leadership/intangibles v. the other forwards in this bunch that seem to be more of a "one trait that jumps out" v. well-balanced. The forwards in this group all played in Ontario so I watched a lot of them. Kupari scored more but I like Thomas more for some reason. Going with the gut.

Add Kirsanov

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Madden, add Moverare

My hot take time--Madden's got the highest ceiling of any remaining prospect as a dynamic scoring player. I think he's so, so uncertain to reach it in comparison to some of the other guys (Fagemo, Kupari), but I think on raw ability alone, he's just outside our top tier.

Honestly I also had Fagemo here but I think Kupari's got a little more attitude and rebounded amazingly from a knee injury I wasn't sure about, especially with how much of his game was based on explosive skating. I dont think he's got a very high ceiling, but he already looks like a right-handed Kempe. I would personally see Fagemo as a complementary winger who drives the net so he can play on higher lines, but I see Kupari as a middle-six play driver himself in a way. It's a tough selection and if you ask me tomorrow I'd likely change my answer so just trying to commit to it in ink before I change my mind again!

I don't know. I don't think Madden's ceiling is much different than Fagemo's, Kupari's, Thomas or Pinelli's. I think they all top out as a 2nd line guys. Some will hopefully fill out an amazing 3rd line with PP and PK duties. Madden has more uncertainty than the others for me. BUT, a solid season would remove those very easily.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
King'sPawn right now...

5ilqlt.jpg

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Picked Kupari, but Thomas or Fagemo could easily be here, I see that as the next tier, along with Clague. I know he's been around awhile, but he's the best defense left and he looked pretty dang good in LA, even though he didn't in ONT.

I remember when guys like Forbort, Deslauriers, Hickey, and Loktionov were always ranked ahead of Martinez, who could never crack the top 10 in these lists. I think Clarke is a given, but if one of Faber, Clague, Spence, or Grans can carve out a career like Alec that would be a huge boon to the team.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Thomas. Barely. I almost flipped a coin between him and Kupari, whom I think is a trade chip waiting to be moved.

Add Ollie Weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->