Who is the Kings #5 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Faber due to what he showed in his D + 1 season and the importance of D v. F. Best D + 1 season from any of Blake's draft picks so far.

Add Kirsanov. Moverare is tempting but I'm going with the potential of Kirsanov v. what we think we already know about Moverare.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Thomas got my vote. Has shown he can be a big game player at the highest levels, like Turcotte. Went to Germany last year and stuck it out until the Reign opened camp. Was one of the leading scorers for the AHL team and played down the lineup. Toughed out shoulder injuries for 40 games. With the surgery during a short offseason, he’s due for a set back this year because he’ll be out at the beginning of the season. Ideally he’d be packing on muscle, but with recovery that’s probably not going to happen.

But I’m hoping he’s one of the guys who earns a late season call up based on play. Once he’s closer to 190 lbs, I think he’ll be ready to handle NHL duties. And his skill set is still very much middle six forward with the ability to drive play with production.
Hard to disagree. I’m a big Thomas fan but Faber just edged it for me, with Thomas next. Thomas is criminally underrated on this board and will be a key piece for years to come.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Hard to disagree. I’m a big Thomas fan but Faber just edged it for me, with Thomas next. Thomas is criminally underrated on this board and will be a key piece for years to come.
I have Thomas sixth, and by a wide margin over the field. 7-12 are more subjective than the top 6 prospects, and while I don't include Kupari until the next group that follows after #12, I won't argue with anyone that has him in their top 10... provided its behind Faber and Thomas of course.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Faber by a country mile.

Add Moverare, and if we can somehow demote Kupari in favor of Helenius or Chromiak, I’d be on board for that too.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
This is where it gets interesting.

I think we underrate Madden because we didn't draft him and because of the injury.

I think the injury is the bigger part, but it’s compounded because of his small stature versus how he was acquired. Best case scenario is he picks up where he left off last AHL preseason and has recovered from a broken clavicle (afaik). Everyone wants Madden to be Marner-lite but his best next step is getting some girth on his neck like his dad.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I think the injury is the bigger part, but it’s compounded because of his small stature versus how he was acquired. Best case scenario is he picks up where he left off last AHL preseason and has recovered from a broken clavicle (afaik). Everyone wants Madden to be Marner-lite but his best next step is getting some girth on his neck like his dad.

Agreed!

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Madden gets pushed down not because of how he was acquired but because he's a center and has a LOT of players with lots of potential ahead of him,
going Faber and add Chromiak

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
Akil might just be our most underrated prospect.

Crazy to know he excelled in his first pro year with 2 bad shoulders. Akil Thomas would possibly be the top prospect on some teams. The Kings have an embarrassment of prospect riches and I'm pretty ok with that. Makes these past several lean years...almost worth enduring, for what's coming.

akin-feature-news.jpg

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
This is where it gets interesting.

I think we underrate Madden because we didn't draft him and because of the injury.

Nah, I'm just anti-smurf.......

EDIT: Is the kid still 152 lbs., or is that stat out of date yet? Thanks!!!

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Add Kirsanov. Played regular minutes as an 18 yo in the KHL and showed he’s capable of more offense while playing against his own age group. I see Cernak-level potential in him and a similar type of "he came out of nowhere" feeling.

Could see arguments to add Simontaival, Chromiak, Nousiainen, or Helenius as well

Reactions: Basilisk

LB

Jun 4, 2014
Los Angeles
Faber, add Chromiak.

I'm glad so many people see value in Faber's "vanilla" game, but the guy appears to just have it all at a high level. Has everything needed to be a Chris Tanev, or a bigger Matt Roy. Just total eraser out there on the defensive end with good skating and puck moving, sort of like Bjornfot, and still has offensive IQ to the degree that you can't just leave him alone with the puck (like teams used to do to Forbort :laugh:). Can't ignore his meteoric growth at every level, every coach ends up moving him up to the top pairing in short order. And he's still so young!

Reallly wanted to vote Kupari because he had a huge year even coming off a major knee injury and appears to have that chip on his shoulder again, the 'f*** you Im not a 'b' prospect' thing that I love. I'm just THAT high on Faber.

I wouldn't even say that Faber's game is so vanilla, I only watched him in the World Juniors but he really stood out for them and was used in many key end of game situations. Will be a 20+ minute player for the Kings no doubt.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad