Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Rank. Name, Pos (%), change from last year
1. Quinton Byfield, F (98.6%), +0
2. Brandt Clarke, D (43.3%), NR
3. Alex Turcotte, F (69.9%), +0
4. Arthur Kaliyev, F (94.1%), +1

+ Kim Nousiainen, D

Last year's rankings for comparisons (and what I'm referencing for "change of last year"): Prospect Info: - 2020 Los Angeles Kings Prospect Rankings #40

Here are the rules I'll be following:

- I won't vote unless it's a tie breaker. So there should never be an "overtime" or tie to keep this going.
- the crieteria for prospects is straightforward: they have to be eligible to win the calder, and the Kings must own the player's rights, whether it's through the draft or an SPC (so AHL-only contracts don't count, but a player like Tkachev counts, since he is Calder-eligible)
- feel free to make a nomination after voting. Again, in the event of a tie, I'll be the tie breaker.
- use whatever criteria you wish for the next best available. Raw skill? Upside? NHL readiness? Progress since drafted? Astrological Sign?

I'll always list the candidates in alphabetical order. By default, I'm setting the timer at 24 hours, as I hope to go through the entire list. If it seems like a landslide, I'll call it early.

List of eligible players to be nominated:
Brayden Burke, F
Martin Chromiak, F
Alexander Dergachyev
Braden Doyle, D
Aidan Dudas, F
Sean Durzi, D
Samuel Helenius, F
David Hrenak, G
Jacob Ingham, G
Aatu Jamsen, F
Kirill Kirsanov, D
Alex Laferriere, F
Andre Lee, F
Juho Markkanen, G
Ben Meehan, D
Jacob Moverare, D
Lukas Parik, G
Markus Phillips, D
Bulat Shafigullin, F
Kasper Simontaival, F
Austin Strand, D
Johan Sodergran, F
Vladimir Tkachev, F
Matthew Villalta, G

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
This was really tough. I think we've got a big second tier here that includes guys like Kupari, Fagemo, Grans, Thomas, and Faber. For me, this was a two-way tie between Kupari and Faber, but ultimately I went with Brock. I just really, really like this kid and I'm super excited about him.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Kupari by a hair over Faber, Thomas, Grans, Madden, Fagemo.
All very close but tie breaker went to the most NHL ready guy.
Madden might have been here if he wasn't hurt last season.

Add Moverare

I agree that Madden's injury last year knocked him out of my second tier, he's right at the top of my third tier with a big "prove it" label.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Faber, add Chromiak.

I'm glad so many people see value in Faber's "vanilla" game, but the guy appears to just have it all at a high level. Has everything needed to be a Chris Tanev, or a bigger Matt Roy. Just total eraser out there on the defensive end with good skating and puck moving, sort of like Bjornfot, and still has offensive IQ to the degree that you can't just leave him alone with the puck (like teams used to do to Forbort :laugh:). Can't ignore his meteoric growth at every level, every coach ends up moving him up to the top pairing in short order. And he's still so young!

Reallly wanted to vote Kupari because he had a huge year even coming off a major knee injury and appears to have that chip on his shoulder again, the 'f*** you Im not a 'b' prospect' thing that I love. I'm just THAT high on Faber.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Here is where the fun really starts. Kupari for me. Middle six player and he is the most ready to play now.

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019
I went Kali- I mean Faber here. I think he is clearly the leader of the next tier of prospects. If he has similar progression this season, I think would be on par of the next 3 guys above him.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Here is where the fun really starts

ee2.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2021-8-3_14-18-49.jpeg
    upload_2021-8-3_14-18-49.jpeg
    5.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Gjwrams

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
I thought my choosing Faber over Kupari would be a bit controversial but I guess not! I think he's a step below the four guys above him just based on ceiling (those four could be all star caliber players), but if Faber is put into a more offensive role he might just shine there too. I'd say he has untapped offensive potential and at this point I think I value him over Anderson and Bjornfot too.

Reactions: KINGS17 and dick341

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Thomas got my vote. Has shown he can be a big game player at the highest levels, like Turcotte. Went to Germany last year and stuck it out until the Reign opened camp. Was one of the leading scorers for the AHL team and played down the lineup. Toughed out shoulder injuries for 40 games. With the surgery during a short offseason, he’s due for a set back this year because he’ll be out at the beginning of the season. Ideally he’d be packing on muscle, but with recovery that’s probably not going to happen.

But I’m hoping he’s one of the guys who earns a late season call up based on play. Once he’s closer to 190 lbs, I think he’ll be ready to handle NHL duties. And his skill set is still very much middle six forward with the ability to drive play with production.

Token

May 15, 2019
I got Faber, Kupari and Thomas in a tie… Real good odds all three become good NHL players with staying power.

my tie breaker comes down to who projects to be most impactful on the team.

Faber by a hair Ofer the other two, for now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad