King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Rank. Name, Pos (%), change from last year
1. Quinton Byfield, F (98.6%), +0
2. Brandt Clarke, D (43.3%), NR
3. Alex Turcotte, F (69.9%), +0

+ Jordan Spence, D

Last year's rankings for comparisons (and what I'm referencing for "change of last year"): Prospect Info: - 2020 Los Angeles Kings Prospect Rankings #40

Here are the rules I'll be following:

- I won't vote unless it's a tie breaker. So there should never be an "overtime" or tie to keep this going.
- the crieteria for prospects is straightforward: they have to be eligible to win the calder, and the Kings must own the player's rights, whether it's through the draft or an SPC (so AHL-only contracts don't count, but a player like Tkachev counts, since he is Calder-eligible)
- feel free to make a nomination after voting. Again, in the event of a tie, I'll be the tie breaker.
- use whatever criteria you wish for the next best available. Raw skill? Upside? NHL readiness? Progress since drafted? Astrological Sign?

I'll always list the candidates in alphabetical order. By default, I'm setting the timer at 24 hours, as I hope to go through the entire list. If it seems like a landslide, I'll call it early.

List of eligible players to be nominated:
Brayden Burke, F
Martin Chromiak, F
Alexander Dergachyev
Braden Doyle, D
Aidan Dudas, F
Sean Durzi, D
Samuel Helenius, F
David Hrenak, G
Jacob Ingham, G
Aatu Jamsen, F
Kirill Kirsanov, D
Alex Laferriere, F
Andre Lee, F
Juho Markkanen, G
Ben Meehan, D
Jacob Moverare, D
Kim Nousiainen, D
Lukas Parik, G
Markus Phillips, D
Bulat Shafigullin, F
Kasper Simontaival, F
Austin Strand, D
Johan Sodergran, F
Vladimir Tkachev, F
Matthew Villalta, G

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Just keeping a tally in a separate post for nominations. Will update as I see them.

Nousiainen: 7
Chromiak: 4
Lee: 1
Kirsanov: 2
Strand: 1
Moverare: 1
@KopitarFAN : 1

Last edited:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Lord have mercy this list! These threads need a NSFW tag!

tenor.gif

I'm totally off the rails, my pick was Clarke based on my others, but I voted AK. Akil Thomas healthy after surgery is a dark horse for being top 5, pretty amazing how good he's been with those lingering injuries.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kaliyev, add Nousiainen...

It gets much more difficult from #5 on. I'm very thrilled that Kaliyev started answering questions this year and that others feel the same way I do, he belongs in that top tier of prospects not on raw potential alone but on growth as well.

LB

Jun 4, 2014
Los Angeles
I just realized this voting is going on, but I would've voted for Kaliyev as #2 after Byfield. Clarke is a good prospect to be sure but sure looks like recency bias to put him ahead of Kaliyev and Turcotte based on little evidence.

+Nouisiainen

Reactions: DarthProbert

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Looks like a landslide for Kaliyev, unless another player gets 3 or 4 votes (1 each) from a Kings fan in Montana, South Dakota, and Wyoming.

In that case, Kaliyev could lose the electoral college.

Reactions: Gjwrams

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Looks like a landslide for Kaliyev, unless another player gets 3 or 4 votes (1 each) from a Kings fan in Montana, South Dakota, and Wyoming.

In that case, Kaliyev could lose the electoral college.

Yup.

Likely will start a new thread early in AM. Want to give time for nominations.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Add Kirsanov. Played regular minutes as an 18 yo in the KHL and showed he’s capable of more offense while playing against his own age group. I see Cernak-level potential in him and a similar type of "he came out of nowhere" feeling.

Could see arguments to add Simontaival, Chromiak, Nousiainen, or Helenius as well.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Kaliyev in a landslide for this one. I think our top 4 is rock solid and can go toe to toe with anyone other team in this league. Add Nousianen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad