22. Austin Strand, D (53.3%), +8
23. Alex Laferriere, F (33.9%), +2
24. Andre Lee, F (42.5%), +5
25. Sean Durzi, D (40.4%), -2
26. Jacob Ingham, G (30.0%, tiebreaker), -2
27. Aatu Jamsen, F (40.5%), -1
28. Ben Meehan, D (37.5%), +0
29. Aidan Dudas, F (28.1%, tiebreaker), -10

Last year's rankings for comparisons (and what I'm referencing for "change of last year"): Prospect Info: - 2020 Los Angeles Kings Prospect Rankings #40

Here are the rules I'll be following:

- I won't vote unless it's a tie breaker. So there should never be an "overtime" or tie to keep this going.
- the crieteria for prospects is straightforward: they have to be eligible to win the calder, and the Kings must own the player's rights, whether it's through the draft or an SPC (so AHL-only contracts don't count, but a player like Tkachev counts, since he is Calder-eligible)
- use whatever criteria you wish for the next best available. Raw skill? Upside? NHL readiness? Progress since drafted? Astrological Sign?

Nobody left to nominate!

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
@King'sPawn could Lt or someone else who were at the development camp nominate camp invites? or no cause there not under a contract with the kings?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
@King'sPawn could Lt or someone else who were at the development camp nominate camp invites? or no cause there not under a contract with the kings?

No disrespect to anyone who attended camp, but this is specific to those whose rights the Kings own, as this is to take a look at the Kings depth chart.

But if someone wanted to make a separate poll, I'd be interested in watching and participating where applicable!

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
No disrespect to anyone who attended camp, but this is specific to those whose rights the Kings own, as this is to take a look at the Kings depth chart.

But if someone wanted to make a separate poll, I'd be interested in watching and participating where applicable!
No problem was just a honest question and i can see why due to your reasons. :)

Reactions: King'sPawn

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

No.

I will not mutiny against KP. This is his thing chicken wing.
He is 10,000x more qualified to do this. I am just a wiseass who went to a scrimmage. there is zero question that he knows more about the kids than I do

Last edited:
Reactions: Gjwrams

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
No.

I will not mutiny against KP. This is his thing chicken wing.
He is 10,000x more qualified to do this. I am just a wiseass who went to a scrimmage. there is zero question that he knows more about the kids than I do
Lt I get ur respect for Kp. I have it as well. However this is a thread where everyone's opinion has value. It this was just a thread on a specific prospect sure I get u wanting his opinion over urself (said with respect ) However ur opinion in this case is one of any fan seeing a player that others don't or didn't have a chance to see. In this case ur opinion has value to those's of us that can't be there. Yes I realize your thing is more into saying wise ass comments. However in this case your opinion of players I have never seen actually held some value. However if u just want to be a wise ass all the time that cool as well I guess :)

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Lt I get ur respect for Kp. I have it as well. However this is a thread where everyone's opinion has value. It this was just a thread on a specific prospect sure I get u wanting his opinion over urself (said with respect ) However ur opinion in this case is one of any fan seeing a player that others don't or didn't have a chance to see. In this case ur opinion has value to those's of us that can't be there. Yes I realize your thing is more into saying wise ass comments. However in this case your opinion of players I have never seen actually held some value. However if u just want to be a wise ass all the time that cool as well I guess :)
I will gladly answer any question on a player from the one scrimmage I saw, but realize KP sees much more of these guys than I do. He watches a ton of video, shares opinions and knowledge with other writers, and is a much better evaluator of talent than I am.

You have one guy (KP) that takes objective talent evaluation very seriously vs me who is much more guilty of bias.
Here is a great example. I didn't even know that Doyle was a Kings prospect. I thought he did very well in the one scrimmage I saw, but I personally wanted to see what the prospects could do more than the invitees so I discounted him. I am confident in saying that KP would not make such a rookie mistake

As far as me being a wiseass, as the great philosopher Popeye the Sailor man once said "I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam"

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Markkanen being this low seems whack.

Maybe but we're getting into the area of our prospects where, whether by Covid situation or otherwise, no one did anything to really distinguish themselves one way or another this year. And goalies are voodoo anyway.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Doyle for me. Frankly he's an extreme longshot but he's very toolsy and has a pretty refreshing attack mentality. I like the EK comparison/goal he has.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Maybe but we're getting into the area of our prospects where, whether by Covid situation or otherwise, no one did anything to really distinguish themselves one way or another this year. And goalies are voodoo anyway.
NHL bloodline trumps a lot of other prospects for me.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I will gladly answer any question on a player from the one scrimmage I saw, but realize KP sees much more of these guys than I do. He watches a ton of video, shares opinions and knowledge with other writers, and is a much better evaluator of talent than I am.

You have one guy (KP) that takes objective talent evaluation very seriously vs me who is much more guilty of bias.
Here is a great example. I didn't even know that Doyle was a Kings prospect. I thought he did very well in the one scrimmage I saw, but I personally wanted to see what the prospects could do more than the invitees so I discounted him. I am confident in saying that KP would not make such a rookie mistake

As far as me being a wiseass, as the great philosopher Popeye the Sailor man once said "I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam"

I love you in a total hetero man-love kind of way, but you give me too much credit. I admit I have a passion for the development process, and it all starts with the prospects, but I'm learning about all this along with you.

That said, after all this I will probably make a thread about the list and rankings. It's been discussed a bit in a position-by-position basis in these threads, but really look forward to your thoughts - wiseass or not <3

Reactions: KingTech and Lt Dan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad