Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Akil Thomas, F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
It’s very easy to say there is no wrong answer here. In the future it’s not that much of a stretch to say Clarke could one day win a Norris, Kalyev the Richard and Turcotte a Conn Smythe (Byfield wins the Hart:naughty:). All three have that sort of possible upside even though it’s not that likely to be the end result. At this point it’s all about personal opinion and any of us could be right.

I opted for Clark because he has something no other prospects do and therefore he will get a much greater opportunity with fewer roadblocks to reach his upside than others, in my opinion. However, I rate all three of those guys and think all three will do great things in this league.

There is no absolute clear-cut number two and that is because we have one of the best prospect pools ever.

It’s certainly not one worth arguing over.

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
I wanted to go Clarke here, Turcotte is close, but for me Kaliyev is the guy that I believe in the most. Just think he won't have much trouble translating his game to the NHL. The guy gets open, makes very quick decisions with the puck (both passing and shooting) and has a rocket of a shot.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
LoL, I still say that Turcotte will be nothing more than Craig Conroy 2.0!!! :laugh:

and if it happens.... you'll be such the prognosticator. I just don't get how someone could say an 18 year old kid is going to be a bust, or at least have the giddiness you have in saying it. Because, yes, that is what we all want as Kings fans, our 1st round pick to tank.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
and if it happens.... you'll be such the prognosticator. I just don't get how someone could say an 18 year old kid is going to be a bust, or at least have the giddiness you have in saying it. Because, yes, that is what we all want as Kings fans, our 1st round pick to tank.
Conroy was a bust?

Not that I agree with the comparison, but Conroy had a very good career, especially as he aged.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Conroy was a bust?

Not that I agree with the comparison, but Conroy had a very good career, especially as he aged.

Exactly. Conroy and Klatt constantly get tossed out as negative comparisons and it's just not the insult that some of you think it is.

Erik Rasmussen... that's who you want to be punching down at.

EDIT: Conroy was also a 6th round pick (123rd overall) Rasmussen was 7th overall.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Conroy was a bust?

Conroy played 1000+ games in the NHL and scored 500+ points. There's no guarantee any of our prospects ever reach Conroy's production. What a strange comparison, the dude posted 27 goals and 75 points with Calgary in 01-02. I hope Turcotte can do that. Plus, Conroy was a 6th round pick!

I still think that our best case scenarios here are that long term, Byfield = Kopitar, Turcotte = Richards, and Clarke = Doughty.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Forgive my zealousness. I wasn't entirely sure who Craig Conroy was, but I took his comment as belittling of Turcotte and if it was not @Basilisk intentions to do so, My bad.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Forgive my zealousness. I wasn't entirely sure who Craig Conroy was, but I took his comment as belittling of Turcotte and if it was not @Basilisk intentions to do so, My bad.

No, it's Basilisk's misinterpretation of Conroy that's causing the confusion. He's suggesting it's an insult, but doesn't realize Conroy's career was solid if not spectacular, as he mentions "nothing more than" as if it's a putdown.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
No, it's Basilisk's misinterpretation of Conroy that's causing the confusion. He's suggesting it's an insult, but doesn't realize Conroy's career was solid if not spectacular, as he mentions "nothing more than" as if it's a putdown.

I had forgotten all about Conroy as he played with us in the "Dark Years". I try to forget them honestly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad