• Akil Thomas, F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Went Kaliyev but its close between him, Turcotte, and Clarke.

Add Chromiak (Top 10 prospect and dark horse for fastest riser).

Byfield

Kaliyev
Turcotte
Clarke

Kupari
Faber
Chromiak
Fagemo

Grans
Pinelli
Thomas
Spence
Madden
Clague

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I see you, bold vote for Kupari!

I always interpret these things as most nhl ready. And that’s based off of performance at the NHL level. If a guy has yet to skate in a pro camp, forecasting success is based off of inferior competition. For 99% of prospects that’s a poor bet.

I know most vote with most exciting player in mind. But I think that’s too easily colored by newness bias. I think Byfield and Kaliyev are the most exciting prospects. But as far as who is most ready to beat out JAD and Olli Maata on the opening night roster, I’ve got to go with Kupari and Clague as the top prospects.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I always interpret these things as most nhl ready. And that’s based off of performance at the NHL level. If a guy has yet to skate in a pro camp, forecasting success is based off of inferior competition. For 99% of prospects that’s a poor bet.

I know most vote with most exciting player in mind. But I think that’s too easily colored by newness bias. I think Byfield and Kaliyev are the most exciting prospects. But as far as who is most ready to beat out JAD and Olli Maata on the opening night roster, I’ve got to go with Kupari and Clague as the top prospects.

Groan.

Your projections aren't 'better' than others. you're entitled to your philosophy but don't talk down to others because they're using 'projections' instead of 'NHL readiness' as their criteria.

Reactions: Rusty Batch

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
Groan.

Your projections aren't 'better' than others. you're entitled to your philosophy but don't talk down to others because they're using 'projections' instead of 'NHL readiness' as their criteria.

If anyone feels talked down to, they need a thicker skin. You won’t find me calling foul on anyone disagreeing with me.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
If anyone feels talked down to, they need a thicker skin. You won’t find me calling foul on anyone disagreeing with me.
I mean, with that much practice...

It's Clarke, then Turcotte, then Kaliyev. Nothing about shiney or new, I had the dude ranked second in this draft, the highest of the defenders available. High-end skill with the disposition to excel. Similar attitude to Turcotte, just higher up the potential food chain.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Turcotte went top 5 in a draft deep with elite forwards. He’s been the 1C on a World Jrs gold medal team (allowing Zegras and Kaliyev to create while he did the dirty work). He’s had injury bad luck, but I think he’s going to prove that we made an excellent choice. Kaliyev and Clarke were incredibly close for me, but Turcotte’s complete NHL skillset won out.

Add Pinelli.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

It's not about thicker skin, it's about your insulting the whole forum's intelligence by suggesting anyone that disagrees with you(r philosophy) is easily swayed by WOW EXCITEMENT and recency bias rather than legitimate prospect evaluation.

I'm trying to help you from wading into infraction territory or others to pinata you for it, and I'm trying to give you credit for being smart enough to see it, but holy shit the smugness.

No need to respond, just keep it in mind for the future segments of this poll. I'm not going thru another year of 40 threads of "well the answer SHOULD be X but everyone here is easily swayed by flash." Just consider that future commentary like this that attacks posters intelligence rather than prospect abilities themselves will be delete-infract.

We're trying to have productive discussion about each prospect and some fun and "lol shiny new toy" isn't productive discussion.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
It's not about thicker skin, it's about your insulting the whole forum's intelligence by suggesting anyone that disagrees with you(r philosophy) is easily swayed by WOW EXCITEMENT and recency bias rather than legitimate prospect evaluation.

I'm trying to help you from wading into infraction territory or others to pinata you for it, and I'm trying to give you credit for being smart enough to see it, but holy shit the smugness.

No need to respond, just keep it in mind for the future segments of this poll. I'm not going thru another year of 40 threads of "well the answer SHOULD be X but everyone here is easily swayed by flash." Just consider that future commentary like this that attacks posters intelligence rather than prospect abilities themselves will be delete-infract.

We're trying to have productive discussion about each prospect and some fun and "lol shiny new toy" isn't productive discussion.

This you bud? Confirmed Signing with Link: - [LAK] Phillip Danault signs with the Kings (6 years, $5.5M AAV)

5AD68DE5-6FDE-45E7-9F41-1CC9E0FE8028.jpeg

I’ll wait for you to note where I attacked a member and not an opinion, or any other posting rule.

Terms of Service and Rules | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League