7. Akil Thomas, F (35.4%), +4
8. Samuel Fagemo, F (47.5%), -2
9. Tyler Madden, F (65.9%), -1
10. Francesco Pinelli, F (34.2%), NR
11. Helge Grans, D (48.8%), -1
12. Kale Clague, D (29.0%), +0
13. Martin Chromiak, F (39.4%), +8

+ Alex Laferriere, F

Last year's rankings for comparisons (and what I'm referencing for "change of last year"): Prospect Info: - 2020 Los Angeles Kings Prospect Rankings #40

Here are the rules I'll be following:

- I won't vote unless it's a tie breaker. So there should never be an "overtime" or tie to keep this going.
- the crieteria for prospects is straightforward: they have to be eligible to win the calder, and the Kings must own the player's rights, whether it's through the draft or an SPC (so AHL-only contracts don't count, but a player like Tkachev counts, since he is Calder-eligible)
- feel free to make a nomination after voting. Again, in the event of a tie, I'll be the tie breaker.
- use whatever criteria you wish for the next best available. Raw skill? Upside? NHL readiness? Progress since drafted? Astrological Sign?

I'll always list the candidates in alphabetical order. By default, I'm setting the timer at 24 hours, as I hope to go through the entire list. If it seems like a landslide, I'll call it early.

List of eligible players to be nominated:
Brayden Burke, F
Alexander Dergachyev
Braden Doyle, D
Aidan Dudas, F
Sean Durzi, D
David Hrenak, G
Jacob Ingham, G
Aatu Jamsen, F
Andre Lee, F
Juho Markkanen, G
Ben Meehan, D
Markus Phillips, D
Bulat Shafigullin, F
Johan Sodergran, F
Matthew Villalta, G

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I see a lot of folks that bring up the concern/potential that none of our top prospects turn into star/elite players. Which I understand is a valid concern.

But with the crazy depth we have with guys even after the top 10 list, imagine the scenario/potential where one or more of these 2nd (or even 3rd/4th) tier guys turn into very good or even special top6/top4 type players. Like that is a very real possibility -- one or more of these guys turn into a prime Muzzin, Brown, Voynov, Justin Williams, Stoll, etc. type NHL player.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Kirsanov, but still tiered evenly with Spence, Nousiainen, Chromiak, and Simontaival for me.

Add Dudas. He may not have had the easiest transition to the AHL, but he's a former World Jr player for Canada with a ton of fight.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Going to keep going with Spence until its him. I'm really looking forward to seeing him in Ontario this year and I think he's going to surprise a lot of people.

Honestly I'm a bit surprised at the big jump that Chromiak got, not that I don't think he's a good prospect or anything, but I don't think he's done anything in particular to make that kind of leap over guys like Nousianen, Spence, Kirsanov or even Helenius. I'm excited to see what he can in Kingston this year with Shane Wright, but I still think he has a ways to go and I personally wouldn't have put him at the top of the next tier of guys after Clague.

Reactions: King'sPawn

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Going to keep going with Spence until its him. I'm really looking forward to seeing him in Ontario this year and I think he's going to surprise a lot of people.

Honestly I'm a bit surprised at the big jump that Chromiak got, not that I don't think he's a good prospect or anything, but I don't think he's done anything in particular to make that kind of leap over guys like Nousianen, Spence, Kirsanov or even Helenius. I'm excited to see what he can in Kingston this year with Shane Wright, but I still think he has a ways to go and I personally wouldn't have put him at the top of the next tier of guys after Clague.

I am honestly a bit surprised at his rise as well. It was a rise almost as big as Faber's.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I am honestly a bit surprised at his rise as well. It was a rise almost as big as Faber's.

uhuhuhuuh-you-said-rise.jpg

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Some people saying that all these prospects can't hit , but lets look at where they were drafted , 4 1st round , 7 2nd round , 1 3rd round , 1 5th round. Low end should have 3 of the 4 1st rounders , 4 of the 7 2nd rounders make it for 7 NHL players at a minimum ,

1. Quinton Byfield, F ( 2 2020)
2. Brandt Clarke, D (8 2021)
3. Alex Turcotte, F (5 2019)
4. Arthur Kaliyev, F (33 2019)
5. Brock Faber, D (45 2020)
6. Rasmus Kupari, F (20 2018)
7. Akil Thomas, F (51 2018)
8. Samuel Fagemo, F (50 2019)
9. Tyler Madden, F (68 2018)
10. Francesco Pinelli, F (42 2021)
11. Helge Grans, D (35 2020)
12. Kale Clague, D (51 2016)