2021 Keeper help

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Figured I'd start a thread for questions on keepers for next season. I'll start with an easy one.

1/2 PPR, can keep players for 2 years, with a 2 round draft premium based on where they were originally drafted.

Justin Jefferson or James Robinson. Both would cost a 14th rounder in 21 and a 12th round in 22.

Justin Jefferson

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Keeper league, you can keep a player at his current price for 3 seasons. This is our 4th year running coming up, so a lot of big names are available that have been locked up for 3 seasons now. I can keep up to 3 players at their current prices, and the options I have all only can be kept for this coming season before they return to the pool. Cap is $225, for reference Zeke and Saquon were left unprotected last season and went for $101 and $106 respectively, Mike Evans also left available went for $74 last season.

1 PPR

Need to pick 3 of these:

Darren Waller $1
Courtland Sutton $3
Miles Sanders $23
DJ Chark Jr. $14
Kyler Murray $16

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Keeper league, you can keep a player at his current price for 3 seasons. This is our 4th year running coming up, so a lot of big names are available that have been locked up for 3 seasons now. I can keep up to 3 players at their current prices, and the options I have all only can be kept for this coming season before they return to the pool. Cap is $225, for reference Zeke and Saquon were left unprotected last season and went for $101 and $106 respectively, Mike Evans also left available went for $74 last season.

1 PPR

Need to pick 3 of these:

Darren Waller $1
Courtland Sutton $3
Miles Sanders $23
DJ Chark Jr. $14
Kyler Murray $16
Deep in mind i never played Keeper Auction before, but if you ask me.

Darren Waller ($1) - He's TE 3 coming off of drafts after Kittle and Kelce, amazing value
Kyler Murray ($16) - Think he's a locked in top 5 QB

Depending on Scarcity of the RBs in your pool, I'd keep Sanders at $23. He has decent RB2 potential with a lot of question marks. And to have a player like that in a scarce position with only 10% of your cap is smart IMO.

Otherwise if you wanna go big, I think DJ Chark will have a bounceback year. I just think you can more likely find WR replacements in the draft.

If Zeke is unprotected, does this mean he goes back into your pool to bid? I think he's an underrated RB1 this year.

for WRs, I especially like taking a shot at a late round rookie WR this year. I think you can find a player better than Courtland Sutton in taking a flier on Jaylen Waddle/Elijah Moore, heck even Russel Gage or Jacobi Meyers.

Last edited:
Reactions: tacogeoff

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

Darren Waller ($1) - He's TE 3 coming off of drafts after Kittle and Kelce, amazing value

Depending on Scarcity of the RBs in your pool, I'd keep Sanders at $23. He has decent RB2 potential with a lot of question marks. And to have a player like that in a scarce position with only 10% of your cap is smart IMO.

Otherwise if you wanna go big, I think DJ Chark will have a bounceback year. I just think you can more likely find WR replacements in the draft.

If Zeke is unprotected, does this mean he goes back into your pool to bid? I think he's an underrated RB1 this year.

for WRs, I especially like taking a shot at a late round rookie WR this year. I think you can find a player better than Courtland Sutton in taking a flier on Jaylen Waddle/Elijah Moore, heck even Russel Gage or Jacobi Meyers.
Zeke, Henry, McCaffrey, Saquon, Kamara, Ekeler, Chubb, Mahomes, Thomas, Godwin, Ridley, Tyreek, Adams, Kittle, Kelce, are all going to be available this season because they were kept for the first 3 seasons of the league or not kept from last season.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

This is pretty much what I was gonna say. Waller and Murray unless you want to lock in the back because I think Sanders is pretty good.

Reactions: DS7

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
My main league is a simple keeper setup - one keeper and it can’t be the same one you kept last year.

Any chance you’d keep Justin Jefferson over Derrick Henry? It seems obvious at first blush and even considering Where Jefferson will be ranked the depth at WR seems to make RB a key.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Zeke, Henry, McCaffrey, Saquon, Kamara, Ekeler, Chubb, Mahomes, Thomas, Godwin, Ridley, Tyreek, Adams, Kittle, Kelce, are all going to be available this season because they were kept for the first 3 seasons of the league or not kept from last season.

Dang that's pretty stacked! If you're confident you can get two of these guys for reasonable price i'd be reasonably confident in releasing Sanders and keeping Chark (or just bidding him back for cheaper than $20 if you can't hit any of them)

In my order of preference
McCaffrey, Henry, Kamara, Chubb, Zeke, Ekeler

Possible cheaper rookie rbs
Najee Harris (RB1), Javonte Williams, Michael Carter, Trevor Sermon

Possible discounted players you can target
- Kamara just because there is so much QB uncertainty in New Orleans
- Zeke because of his less than stellar last year where he didn't have Prescott

If you aren't gunning for it this year. These guys can be cheap

-Saquon is already on the PUP and on a discount. One of the most talented backs you just probably won't win this year with him.
-Michael Thomas bc he's going to miss the first four months

Last edited:

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
My main league is a simple keeper setup - one keeper and it can’t be the same one you kept last year.

Any chance you’d keep Justin Jefferson over Derrick Henry? It seems obvious at first blush and even considering Where Jefferson will be ranked the depth at WR seems to make RB a key.

I'm an RB first guy so I'd keep Henry. The WR position is much deeper and while it hurts to lose Jefferson you prlly can find more WRs available than RBs.

If it's full PPR I'd be tempted, but I'm pretty bullish on King Henry this year. Especially considering that teams now have to watch both AJ Brown and Julio in the red zone. They can't stack the box anymore against Henry so he could be in line to see more goal line work.

Jefferson is a stud though. Are you confident there will be other Henry caliber RBs released back into the pool?

Last edited:

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

This is pretty much what I was gonna say. Waller and Murray unless you want to lock in the back because I think Sanders is pretty good.

Dang that's pretty stacked! If you're confident you can get two of these guys for reasonable price i'd be reasonably confident in releasing Sanders and keeping Chark (or just bidding him back for cheaper than $20 if you can't hit any of them)

In my order of preference
McCaffrey, Henry, Kamara, Chubb, Zeke, Ekeler

Possible cheaper rookie rbs
Najee Harris (RB1), Javonte Williams, Michael Carter, Trevor Sermon

Possible discounted players you can target
- Kamara just because there is so much QB uncertainty in New Orleans
- Zeke because of his less than stellar last year where he didn't have Prescott

If you aren't gunning for it this year. These guys can be cheap

-Saquon is already on the PUP and on a discount. One of the most talented backs you just probably won't win this year with him.
-Michael Thomas bc he's going to miss the first four months

Thanks Guys appreciate the helpful input

Reactions: DS7

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal

1 PPR

Need to pick 3 of these:

Darren Waller $1
Courtland Sutton $3
Miles Sanders $23
DJ Chark Jr. $14
Kyler Murray $16

Waller Chark JR Murray

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Are there any draft pick considerations? In my league there is a 2 round premium on your keeper, meaning if you drafted them in the 14th round the previous season, you lose your 12th round pick in this years draft. That would be the only reason to keep Jefferson over Henry, or if it's a PPR, but even then I'm not sure Jefferson closes the gap.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Are there any draft pick considerations? In my league there is a 2 round premium on your keeper, meaning if you drafted them in the 14th round the previous season, you lose your 12th round pick in this years draft. That would be the only reason to keep Jefferson over Henry, or if it's a PPR, but even then I'm not sure Jefferson closes the gap.

There is not, in this league. While I do play in leagues with such considerations, this league many of the owners would revolt if we started making it "complicated." That said, this league has been around for 30 years and it's with me closest group of friends.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL

I would keep Waller and Kyler, then would just take the extra cash for this year's auction.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Keeper league… Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence?

i personally like Burrows WR core better and they are relatively young. Tee Higgens, A.Tate, T Boyd and Chase are going to be wild this season. I guess alot will depend on how he recovers from his injury as well. apparently he is struggling a bit at practices.

but on the flip side maybe Lawrence progresses to have a really good season 2. I absolutely think this season will be a learning one for him and we are not going to see any kind of huge breakout.

Last edited:

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
i personally like Burrows WR core better and they are relatively young. Tee Higgens, A.Tate, T Boyd and Chase are going to be wild this season. I guess alot will depend on how he recovers from his injury as well. apparently he is struggling a bit at practices.

but on the flip side maybe Lawrence progresses to have a really good season 2. I absolutely think this season will be a learning one for him and we are not going to see any kind of huge breakout.

I decided to go with Lawrence based on the fact that he’s playing in a much weaker division and it’s a keeper league, meaning I see him putting by stats in 2 to 3 years.

I joined this league last year and inherited the last place team, so I’m mainly looking to rebuild this very weak team.

Let’s hope my gamble will pay off!

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I decided to go with Lawrence based on the fact that he’s playing in a much weaker division and it’s a keeper league, meaning I see him putting by stats in 2 to 3 years.

I joined this league last year and inherited the last place team, so I’m mainly looking to rebuild this very weak team.

Let’s hope my gamble will pay off!

i think it will once he gets a season in and they provide a few more weapons for him. The oline didnt look the greatest yesterday and folded quickly but i am not sure if that was their starting o line

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
Have to keep 3 players. Trying to decide between keeping Darren Waller or James Robinson as my 3rd keeper. Tyreek Hill and Justin Jefferson are my sure fire keepers. I was planning on keeping Waller but with Etienne out for the season Robinson should be the #1

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Have to keep 3 players. Trying to decide between keeping Darren Waller or James Robinson as my 3rd keeper. Tyreek Hill and Justin Jefferson are my sure fire keepers. I was planning on keeping Waller but with Etienne out for the season Robinson should be the #1

Robinson should be the #1 but Waller is a tough guy not to keep as he is going to be a target hog yet again this season and probably go over 1k and 6+ TDs this season.

Both the raiders and Jax will more than likely be playing from behind this season in losing campaigns. ( I am pretty sure) so there is going to be a lot of throws down field and garbage time TDs through the air.

I guess you have to ask yourself if there will be an opportunity to redraft Robinson or pick up another RB which can put up a stat line similar to his. On the flip side if you keep Robinson you have to ask yourself if there is going to be a TE available that will put up Waller type numbers or similar.

I think I personally would lean towards keeping Waller but I dont know the dynamics of your league. If there will be a lot of RBs available or if everyone hangs on to them.

Last edited:

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
Most ppl hang onto them. I won my league last year only having Robinson and Carson as my RB. I pick 12/13 in our snake draft so I could take the top 2 RB available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad