WC: 2021 Italy Roster Talk

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
If there's one team at this tournament that simply could not afford to lose any of its key players to injury and/or Covid, it was Italy.

They play Germany in the first game. I suspect Germany is licking its chops.
No relegation this year so Italian players should play open and not just go for results imo. Could be big learning experience for young guys

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
If there's one team at this tournament that simply could not afford to lose any of its key players to injury and/or Covid, it was Italy
Frankly, even after a situation like this Italy's forward group is looking remarkably decent. It doesn't really matter this year but does provide some perspective on Italy's future in D1A. GB would have a hard time fighting relegation from D1A if faced with a similar situation.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Handicap on Germany is -4.5 and odd is 1.85 , what do you think is it reasonable to bet on Germany winning by five goals ?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Frankly, even after a situation like this Italy's forward group is looking remarkably decent. It doesn't really matter this year but does provide some perspective on Italy's future in D1A. GB would have a hard time fighting relegation from D1A if faced with a similar situation.

Indeed, GB may have had an even harder time of dealing with such a Covid sweep through the team.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Handicap on Germany is -4.5 and odd is 1.85 , what do you think is it reasonable to bet on Germany winning by five goals ?
Yeah, still a reasonable bet but not tremendous value anymore. If Italy is going to play like their life depends on it they can avoid being completely demolished. Also, Germany's firepower is somewhat questionable.

I think it will get worse for Italy as physical and mental fatigue builds. The first game is their best chance to show at least some resistance.

Gianpaolo

Jan 28, 2006
Even if the players who are still in Italy will be recover in time, I doubt they will immediately be able to go back to the ice. Covid is a serious disease and it would not make sense to take a risk.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
On paper, this team might still be stronger than GB. So it might not be the weakers team in WC. But yeah they are not even in same group but still,

Aces89

Apr 22, 2020
Was great to see Justin Fazio make his international debut tonight. I was his video co-ordinator during his one season with Queen's University when he put the team on his back and won us the OUA Championship before he left to play in Italy. He's been to Detroit Red Wing training camps in 2018-19. I wouldn't be surprised if he steals a game or two for the Italians

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad