2021 IIHF World Hockey Championship

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Almost half of his production here. Make or break it year next season for Zadina. I need at least 20.
Have a center other than Filppula, Namestnikov, or Glendenning and he should be fine. Although I suspect Larkin is the wrong type of center for him, as well. So, Veleno or Raz with Zadina should yield better offensive numbers. Improving our defense corps will help, too.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Have a center other than Filppula, Namestnikov, or Glendenning and he should be fine. Although I suspect Larkin is the wrong type of center for him, as well. So, Veleno or Raz with Zadina should yield better offensive numbers. Improving our defense corps will help, too.
Imagine Eichel with Zadina.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
I can't believe Berggren was cut! I was really looking forward to watching him play...might be actively rooting against the Swedish team now.

Reactions: David D and lilidk

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
That's pretty awesome, youngest player on the team and only -01. They got NHL forwards but no d-men so that helped him but knocked Berggren off the roster.
I get the feeling he is only there as a "watch and learn" player but hopefully he gets some games, even if it's probably against the lesser opponents.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I get the feeling he is only there as a "watch and learn" player but hopefully he gets some games, even if it's probably against the lesser opponents.
Yeah I think so too, but they wouldn't waste a spot on someone they don't think can play though. So maybe he'll get a game or two, or more if there are injuries.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
That's pretty awesome, youngest player on the team and only -01. They got NHL forwards but no d-men so that helped him but knocked Berggren off the roster.
icehockeygifs does a better job for red wing fans than the very WEAK detroit red wings media / internet presence who are completely lost .
malik even with his health issues is another person that digs up more info than the red wings themselves . chris ilitch needs to hire some outsiders to get opinions on improving red wings public relations pdq

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

That's some bullshit. They have Jesper Froden on the team but not the guy who set him up for 20+ goals in the SHL.

Maybe Garpenlov confused Wingerli and Berggren? They're both small Skelleftea wingers. Man, he must still be wiping the egg from his face after that snafu.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Quick reminder... it gets started tomorrow

Czech Republic playing Russia at 9:15 AM, it's on the NHL Network

Seider is also playing Italy at 9:15

Stecher and Canada get started against Latvia at 1:15 PM, also on NHL Network

Not sure why, but Johansson isn't listed on Sweden's roster on the IIHF website, maybe he didn't make the final one (or maybe he's just going to be a scratch, i dunno)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Quick reminder... it gets started tomorrow

Czech Republic playing Russia at 9:15 AM, it's on the NHL Network

Seider is also playing Italy at 9:15

Stecher and Canada get started against Latvia at 1:15 PM, also on NHL Network

Not sure why, but Johansson isn't listed on Sweden's roster on the IIHF website, maybe he didn't make the final one (or maybe he's just going to be a scratch, i dunno)
Not sure how it works but they could bring 28 players (sweden brought 27) but the listed is only 22, presumably the roster suiting up to start with.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Basically teams have 28 spots on the roster to use and registering a player is final so can't be replaced. Sometimes teams don't register everyone right away so they have room for NHL additions or can address injuries etc. For example Finland filled all 28 spots but Sweden left 6 spots open, maybe they're expecting some NHLers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->