2021 IIHF World Hockey Championship

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Those are the goals we've got to get Zadina scoring at the NHL level. It's so puzzling to me, in Halifax he was scoring like Harry Kane.

It's good that we've got him playing a more well-rounded game, but like, can we please get our top goal-scoring prospect to start scoring some goals now? I'm not sure how much of it is a quality of defense thing, how much is a confidence thing, how much is a Blashill/Bylsma thing, but sheesh.

This kid clearly has more offense in him than we saw this year.

Reactions: mantha39

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Those are the goals we've got to get Zadina scoring at the NHL level. It's so puzzling to me, in Halifax he was scoring like Harry Kane.

It's good that we've got him playing a more well-rounded game, but like, can we please get our top goal-scoring prospect to start scoring some goals now? I'm not sure how much of it is a quality of defense thing, how much is a confidence thing, how much is a Blashill/Bylsma thing, but sheesh.

Like Hronek, I'm guessing they were being asked to do a lot more than they were capable of doing and be super effective at the one thing that they should be good at. With more talent on the team, next season, we should see a big improvement from a lot of players.

Reactions: bedtime20

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan

Hopefully giving him a good center to work with will help.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

Get a new coach.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Scorer playing without a legit playmaker will look just like this Zadina in NHL.

Scorer playing in Czech national team with a legit playmaker, against lesser goaltenders, is like this Zadina in Czechs National team.

Reactions: Preposterone

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
Scorer playing without a legit playmaker will look just like this Zadina in NHL.

Scorer playing in Czech national team with a legit playmaker, against lesser goaltenders, is like this Zadina in Czechs National team.

Zadina has always struck me as a guy who elevates when he has a pure puck carrying playmaker on his line. He had great chemistry with Somppi in Halifax and Necas internationally

Last edited:

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Let's put this in perspective though, this is less than NHL competition here.
Lets put it this way I've seen hockey with tape to tape passes and with very creative players. So yes it was completely different hockey from what i've seen from Detroit. If i was Yzerman i would look at Spacek, dude is becoming absolute beast, could be late bloomer and significant cheap upgrade. to our 2nd or 3rd line.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Albert Johansson seems to still be with the Swedish team but hasn’t played in any of the 3 games here so probably doesn’t have much of a chance to stay on the final roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad