Red Sox/MLB 2021 Hot Stove III - Jackie Bradley Jr. Signs w/ Brewers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
I just adored watching Pedey play. The Little Engine that Could with Lasers. He had tremendous heart and grit. As @BMC wrote, he was the epitome of a Dirt Dog. I love watching his homers, but those diving plays at second when he smothered the grounders that were already past him ... well, those were poetry in motion.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
IMO He's a HOF'er...but he'll be kept out because of low glamour totals. He's got a far better HOF case than many of the weak inductions the past decade.

MVP
ROY
SS
4x GG
.300 career average (ok, .2993 but close enough)
51.6 WAR in 1512 games

yeah he won't make it in. The injuries hurt him

but at least he is the 1st to win all those awards and world series in the 1st two years of his career

Reactions: BMC and CDJ

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
There are quite a few responses to McAdams' tweet about the lack of playing time from Pedey over the past couple of seasons, and yet, he has the unmitigated audacity to accept his salary. I'm glad that I haven't read any similar sentiments in this space. Most, if not all, here know the sacrifices that Pedey made while wearing that uniform, as well as the accomplishments. From a rational standpoint, I would like to address this tweet.

Your job does do that, Mary. Workman's compensation pays you for those unfortunate situations when you become injured while performing your job.

From a completely emotional standpoint, the man took grounders on his frickin' knees while his foot was broken!

Injury brings Red Sox’ Pedroia to his knees - fielding grounders

[/rant]

Reactions: Alicat, BMC and CDJ

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
IMO He's a HOF'er...but he'll be kept out because of low glamour totals. He's got a far better HOF case than many of the weak inductions the past decade.

MVP
ROY
SS
4x GG
.300 career average (ok, .2993 but close enough)
51.6 WAR in 1512 games

His injuries make it incredibly tough for him to get in. Here's the Baseball Reference look at his Hall of Fame chances.

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 11.24.08 AM.png

Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Pedroia was a legitimately elite 2nd baseman, and even though I always liked him, I don't think I appreciated just how great he really was during his peak.

Red Sox Hall of Famer. He won't get in Cooperstown because of injuries clipping his career short.

In terms of best 2nd baseman in Red Sox history, he and Bobby Doerr have remarkably similar totals. Like downright identical WAR and OPS+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->