Prospect Info: 2021 HF-Panthers top prospects vote, #1

Who is the Panthers #1 ranked prospect?

• D - Max Gildon (2017, #66), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F - Grigori Denisenko (2018, #15), Florida Panthers (NHL) / Charlotte Checkers (AHL)

• D - John Ludvig (2019, #69), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)

• F - Ty Smilanic (2020, #74), Quinnipiac Univ. (NCAA)

• F - Matthew Samoskevich (2021, #24), Univ. of Michigan (NCAA)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
2020 top 32 list (Berger is missing, but it's the list in the OP + Berger)

PROSPECTS EXCLUDED

- From previous year, all the guys who have been traded or let go since then (for example Kolyachonok and Levi; there was so many this year, that no point listing them all)
- Tippett (graduated)
- Lammikko (he's 25, but an early birthday and the ship has kinda sailed)

PROSPECTS INCLUDED

Prospects included in the vote (25yo or under, and under contract or rights owned by the team), listed in order from the 2020 list + new additions at the end:

FORWARDS

F - Anton Lundell (2020, #12), Florida Panthers (NHL) / HIFK (Liiga)
F - Grigori Denisenko (2018, #15), Florida Panthers (NHL) / Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
F - Aleksi Saarela (2015, #89), Lukko (Liiga)
F - Eetu Luostarinen (2017, #42), Florida Panthers (NHL) / Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
F - Serron Noel (2018, #34), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
F - Logan Hutsko (2018, #89), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
F - Aleksi Heponiemi (2017, #40), Florida Panthers (NHL) / Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
F - Cole Schwindt (2019, #81), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
F - Ty Smilanic (2020, #74), Quinnipiac Univ. (NCAA)
F - Justin Sourdif (2020, #87), Vancouver Giants (WHL)
F - Owen Lindmark (2019, #137), Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)
F - Justin Schütz (2018, #170), EHC München (DEL)
F - Elliot Ekmark (2020, #198), Linköping HC (SHL)
F - Henry Bowlby (undrafted), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
F - Jakub Kos (2021, #184), Ilves (Liiga)
F - Matthew Samoskevich (2021, #24), Univ. of Michigan (NCAA)

DEFENCE

D - Max Gildon (2017, #66), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
D - John Ludvig (2019, #69), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
D - Chase Priskie (2016, #177), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
D - Michael Benning (2020, #95), Univ. of Denver (NCAA)
D - Kasper Puutio (2020, #153), Kärpät (Liiga)
D - Zach Uens (2020, #105), Merrimack College (NCAA)
D - Tyler Inamoto (2017, #133), Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)
D - Carter Berger (2019, #106), Univ. of Connecticut (NCAA)
D - Noah Juulsen (2015, #26), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
D - Cole Krygier (2018, #201), Michigan State Univ. (NCAA)
D - Santtu Kinnunen (2018, #207), Tappara (Liiga)
D - Matt Kiersted (undrafted), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
D - Lucas Carlsson (2016, #110), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
D - Braden Haché (2021, #210), Kingston Frontenacs (OHL)
D - Vladislav Lukashevich (2021, #120), Loko Yaroslavl (MHL)
D - Evan Nause (2021, #56), Québec Remparts (QMJHL)

GOALIES

G - Spencer Knight (2019, #13), Florida Panthers (NHL) / Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
G - Samuel Montembeault (2015, #77), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
G - Kirill Gerasimyuk (2021, #152), SKA-Varyagi im. Morozova (MHL)

Reactions: Bag Of Beans

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I picked the first 7 prospects included in the vote based on last year's list, because the remaining players at the top probably haven't changed all too much. Added recent first rounder Samoskevich and also Smilanic, who was talked about a lot this season. Remember to vote for the next player to be added by replying to this thread with the player's name.

Including Knight was a difficult call, I thought about removing him because he's virtually a slam dunk to make the team. However since that hasn't technically happened yet, I left him in.

Here's a guideline I made on the vote in 2019:

Forgot to mention it, but in previous years I've suggested weighting potential and how close the prospect is to making the NHL as a guideline. People have different views when evaluating prospects; some put more emphasis on pure potential, while others value what the prospect has shown so far. I don't want to chain the opinions to a single view, so it's up to everyone to judge the prospects the way they want to.

I can give an example of how I compare the prospects. For example Denisenko and Knight have huge potential, probably the two highest out of all our prospects, but Denisenko has struggled in the KHL and Knight is still yet to play at a high level (NCAA), so I can't put them at the top. Meanwhile Tippett and Heponiemi had solid seasons and I don't see a reason to drop them (Tippett was 2nd, Hepo ahead of Denisenko IIRC, on my 2018 list). Noel and Bednard are probably my biggest risers compared to last year, although I haven't thought past the top3 yet.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Has to be Knight. While he hasn't played that many games in the nhl yet, he was solid in the playoffs against the sc champs. Lundell may finish higher in Calder voting, but as of right now it's Knight hands down.

Reactions: JP Mick

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Has to be Knight. While he hasn't played that many games in the nhl yet, he was solid in the playoffs against the sc champs. Lundell may finish higher in Calder voting, but as of right now it's Knight hands down.

Yeah Knight looked so good even if it was just a few games that he has to be first. Lundell is at a disadvantage simply because of his age but this could easily flip next year if he has a monster year.

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL
I am in the minority here, but I definitely think Lundell is our top prospect and probably a top 3 prospect in hockey in general

He is just such a smart player, and his skating and especially shooting has improved significantly this past year, I think he has what it takes to become a #1 center level player

I know that Knight already has NHL success, but I'm definitely betting more on a player like Lundell to become elite than a goalie

Knight probably becomes a high level, maybe elite starter though, not gonna sleep on him

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I am in the minority here, but I definitely think Lundell is our top prospect and probably a top 3 prospect in hockey in general

He is just such a smart player, and his skating and especially shooting has improved significantly this past year, I think he has what it takes to become a #1 center level player

I know that Knight already has NHL success, but I'm definitely betting more on a player like Lundell to become elite than a goalie

Knight probably becomes a high level, maybe elite starter though, not gonna sleep on him
You’re right: I’d argue he is the most complete prospect in hockey. I don’t think he’ll have the most short term success as we will develop him at a reasonable pace, but he just has the it factor.

Knight is a stellar prospect and no complaints

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
dead.png

I'mma stop this murder before it gets out of hand, Luostarinen added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->