NFL: 2021 Hall of Fame Class (Woodson, Megatron, Pearson, Faneca, Nunn, Lynch, Flores, Manning)

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
For a moment I was thinking "Geez Peyton hasn't been retired that long" then I remembered that Super Bowl 50 was 5 years ago. Damn time flies by.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Not surprised that Megatron made it to the HOF despite playing for my sorry Lions. But I am surprised he made it this soon.

Which also highlights how ridiculous it was for Terrell Owens to wait as long as he did. Petty politics.

Drew Pearson is a whatever but at least he can finally stop crying.

Reactions: BigBadBruins7708

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
What's the deal with Seifert? One bad season in Carolina? Very unfair. I get he had a lot to work with when he succeeded Walsh, but do people think its easy to win multiple Superbowls as HC?

If there is a gripe about that '94 49ers team that won his second Super Bowl, it might because it was viewed as a hired gun team. San Francisco went crazy in free agency that year to finally get over Dallas.

I still faintly recall some segments and backlash from other teams towards them on ESPN. They won another ring so it was obviously worth it. In addition, three of Seifert's playoff losses came at home. Twice as a #1 seed. Can't imagine his stint in Carolina helped him either.

That said, if Drew Pearson can get in, so can George Seifert someday.

Reactions: Voight

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
If there is a gripe about that '94 49ers team that won his second Super Bowl, it might because it was viewed as a hired gun team. San Francisco went crazy in free agency that year to finally get over Dallas.

I still faintly recall some segments and backlash from other teams towards them on ESPN. They won another ring so it was obviously worth it. In addition, three of Seifert's playoff losses came at home. Twice as a #1 seed. Can't imagine his stint in Carolina helped him either.

That said, if Drew Pearson can get in, so can George Seifert someday.
All of this just seems like nitpicking

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I forgot that Shanahan has also won two Super Bowls along with Seifert and Coughlin and not in. Next year I dont think any of the first year players will get in, most notable are Demarcus Ware, Steve Smith, and Andre Johnson.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I forgot that Shanahan has also won two Super Bowls along with Seifert and Coughlin and not in. Next year I dont think any of the first year players will get in, most notable are Demarcus Ware, Steve Smith, and Andre Johnson.
forgot about shanahan too

i guess if they're inducting flores, they'll have to do the same with seifert and shanahan

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Next year I’m guessing:

Demarcus Ware
Reggie Wayne
Torry Holt
Zach Thomas
Ronde Barber

There is no way they can put Steve Smith and Andre Johnson ahead of Wayne and Holt.

Last edited:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I dont disagree with you. Seifert and Flores are similar cases. Both took over great teams (the Niners were better but the Raiders were great since the merger) and sustained their success for about a decade longer. Then in their second stop wasn't very good.
I think Flores was the better coach of the Raiders' Super Bowl winning coaches. He won his SBs after Plunket came in of the scrap heap, was the first to coach a wild card to a Super Bowl win and he had to deal with Al Davis' increasingly erratic behavior.
I actually don't think Coughlin is eligible yet, or this might have been his first year.
And the HOF has to figure out how to make his bust red.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Charles Woodson is the 5th Hall of Famer to have also won a Heisman and Super Bowl

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
For a moment I was thinking "Geez Peyton hasn't been retired that long" then I remembered that Super Bowl 50 was 5 years ago. Damn time flies by.

Peyton retired in March 2016. He was 40.

Let's pretend Brady's first season as an NFL QB was at age 39. Beginning of 2016 season.

Since Peyton retired. Brady has:

4 SB appearances. 2 SB wins. 1 NFL MVP. 1 all pro.

In otherwords, if Tom Brady made his debut in 2016, he would still be a first ballot hall of famer.

That's hard to fathom.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
yeah, that's why i'd be surprised if he doesn't get in now that flores is in

That 2-14 season was simply because they had no offensive output. Look at the QBs they had during the season.

The D was Top 3 in the league and had a couple of Pro-Bowlers (ie Cortez Kennedy).

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Wow that's a bit of a surprise he got in on the first ballot.

Definitely deserving but I figured he would wait a while due to WR generally being a logjam in terms of backlog

Hes the best WR of his era. Agree on the logjam tho

Poor Ronde Barber. So underrated.

Would've been the perfect time with the Bucs hosting and playing in the game. You'd think a guy with resume would be in already :facepalm:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
3 big snubs IMO.

1. Zach Thomas: 5x 1st team all-pro. 1700 tackles, 17 int, 16 forced fumbles, 74 tackles for loss

2. Richard Seymour: 3x 1st team all-pro, key defensive piece of the Patriot's 1st 3 SB wins

3. Rodney Harrison: 2x 1st team all-pro, 1 of 2 men in league history in the 30/30 club (30 sacks, 30 picks), the other is Ray Lewis.

Seymour is because he doesn't have the gaudy totals in the glamour stats, his greatness went beyond stats.

Harrison was a much better player than Lynch, which confuses me. Especially since they had equal reps as headhunters

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
3 big snubs IMO.

1. Zach Thomas: 5x 1st team all-pro. 1700 tackles, 17 int, 16 forced fumbles, 74 tackles for loss

2. Richard Seymour: 3x 1st team all-pro, key defensive piece of the Patriot's 1st 3 SB wins

3. Rodney Harrison: 2x 1st team all-pro, 1 of 2 men in league history in the 30/30 club (30 sacks, 30 picks), the other is Ray Lewis.

Seymour is because he doesn't have the gaudy totals in the glamour stats, his greatness went beyond stats.

Harrison was a much better player than Lynch, which confuses me. Especially since they had equal reps as headhunters

If Steve McMichael isn't worthy of HOF then Richard Seymour sure as f*** is not good enough for enshrinement

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If Steve McMichael isn't worthy of HOF then Richard Seymour sure as f*** is not good enough for enshrinement
They both made the same number of All Pro teams just with Seymour making first team one more time. They are pretty similar accolades and Seymour won 3 Super Bowls.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They both made the same number of All Pro teams just with Seymour making first team one more time. They are pretty similar accolades and Seymour won 3 Super Bowls.

McMichael was DT/NT and was far more impressive IMO

Seymour career
164 G / 157 GS
498 Tackles
57.5 Sacks
4 FF
2 INT

McMichael 13 years with Bears
191 G / 157 GS
814 Tackles
92.5 Sacks
13 FF
2 INT

Nearly 100 sacks playing on inside is more impressive then Seymour who spent most of his years as a DE

And lets not pretend the Pats won 3 SB's because of Seymour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->