WC: 2021 Germany Roster Talk

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Greiss just isn't well liked and he's not exactly a youngster .

He also never has been all that good for the national team when he was invited. Just look at his numbers when he was with the team the last time compared to the other goalies. Just terrible.

Just skip the hassle. Not worth it.

No reason to invite a guy who has a high chance to cause tension and then most likely is not even going to play well.

Last edited:

Joey Banana

Mar 9, 2012
It is not the fact that he dislikes Clinton, but the comparison with Hitler. Thats a nogo in Germany, the federation has made the decision, deal with it.

BS. Hitler comparisons are a-okay over here too, nobody bats an eye when Trump is the 'next one'. Hell i remember a Stern edition from the 90s having 'Saddam Hussein: The new Hitler' on its cover.

The outrage started because the comparison was to Clinton. DEB seized on it to get rid off him, always been obvious he wasn't welcome on the NT.

I see. Well, the comparsion is pretty dumb but it is also dumb to ban one of your best players from NT because of such small issue.

It's a pretext. They simply don't want him on the NT and don't have the backbone to own it.

1878rgw

Jun 29, 2017
DEB seized on it to get rid off him, always been obvious he wasn't welcome on the NT.
If you say so maybe, I don't care. Could he be useful maybe, but I think for the future it's better to play Niederberger.

The DEB has his standards and they are not sure he fits those.
Eishockey-Torwart Greiss - Nationalmannschafts-Aus wegen rechten Posts

What you think would happen to soccer players like Neuer or Kimmich doing the same, you think they will ever play a game for the national team, never ever. Remember the roar after the Özil/Erdogan thing in 2018.

Back to the guys which will play, they skipped practice after a positive test from asisstant coach Matt McIlvane
DEB-Team bricht ersten Trainingstag von Phase drei vorsorglich ab | Deutscher Eishockey-Bund e.V.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Reider and Michalis dont have contracts for upcoming season, but i think both of them is hungry and will use WC to get better contracts.

Germany needs to make a call to AHL teams to get Gawanke, Bergmann, Bokk and Kuhnhackl, im sure these guys rather play WC than AHL.

Youngsters such as Peterka and Reichel i think are ready.

Reider - Macek - Stützle
Plactha - Noebels - Tiffels
Peterka - Reichel - Bokk
Bergmann - Michaelis - Kühnhackl
Ehliz - Eder - Eisenschmid

Seider - Holzer
Reul - M.Muller
J.Muller - Gawanke
Abeltshauser - Akdag
Wagner - Seidenberg

Niederberger
Treutle
Strahlmeyer

That d with is gonna bully people with their physical play and size.

Last edited:
Reactions: krishiigonzalez

krishiigonzalez

Jun 22, 2019
Berlin
His name is Rieder not Reider...
Nonetheless nice lineup! Could be seriously in the mix for a medal if there isn‘t much participation of NHL-players for the top nations.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Reider and Michalis dont have contracts for upcoming season, but i think both of them is hungry and will use WC to get better contracts.

Germany needs to make a call to AHL teams to get Gawanke, Bergmann, Bokk and Kuhnhackl, im sure these guys rather play WC than AHL.

I think that teams that are going to playoffs want to have some of these guys as backups if injuries happen to their main players. Gawanke, Kuhnhackl and maybe Bokk would be unavailable for Worlds then.

krishiigonzalez

Jun 22, 2019
Berlin
I think that teams that are going to playoffs want to have some of these guys as backups if injuries happen to their main players. Gawanke, Kuhnhackl and maybe Bokk would be unavailable for Worlds then.

Kühnhackel maybe although he hasn't had a game in the NHL this season. but Gawanke and Bokk no way!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Watching Germany - Belarus right now and wow, Team Germany has zero chemistry.
Frankly, it doesn't have many players that would be on the final team either.

For those interested the game is available on BHF official channel:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Kuhnhackl doesn't have a NHL contract this year. He's playing in the AHL on a minor league contract, and so the Islanders can't recall him for the Stanley Cup playoffs.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If you say so maybe, I don't care. Could he be useful maybe, but I think for the future it's better to play Niederberger.

The DEB has his standards and they are not sure he fits those.
Eishockey-Torwart Greiss - Nationalmannschafts-Aus wegen rechten Posts

What you think would happen to soccer players like Neuer or Kimmich doing the same, you think they will ever play a game for the national team, never ever. Remember the roar after the Özil/Erdogan thing in 2018.

Back to the guys which will play, they skipped practice after a positive test from asisstant coach Matt McIlvane
DEB-Team bricht ersten Trainingstag von Phase drei vorsorglich ab | Deutscher Eishockey-Bund e.V.

I'll go back a bit later . Stefan Effenberg was probably the most talented player in the country in the laters stages of the 90's. He was also a giant douche ( and still is ) and was kicked out of the national team after this

If you're deemed to be a disctration you just won't be with a team no matter how good you are.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Just skip the hassle. Not worth it.
This conversation really shouldn't have moved past these words of wisdom ^ . Greiss at this stage of his career and with Grubauer firmly #1 German goalie in best on best competitions is just really not worth the hassle. He makes the team marginally better on a good day and his track record shows he doesn't have many good days in international competitions.

Reactions: Kleefeld

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I'll go back a bit later . Stefan Effenberg was probably the most talented player in the country in the laters stages of the 90's. He was also a giant douche ( and still is ) and was kicked out of the national team after this

If you're deemed to be a disctration you just won't be with a team no matter how good you are.
He has a red seal certification in douchebagery...

Alb Tkachuk

Jun 13, 2004
Germany
German coach Toni Söderholm reported it is 99% sure Stützle will not be part of the World Cup Team. Ottawa declines.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
It's not unusual that rookies at that age don't get released after their first season. It was the same with Hischier.

Kleefeld

Feb 21, 2018
I'm happy Sützle will not play. He looked exhausted and ready for a rest for at least a month now.

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
All this team can do ist avoid relegation. Zero offensive fire power. I think some people will be in for an unpleasant suprise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad