GDT: PLAYOFF Sign Up

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi everyone,

Our HF Jets friend @nobody imp0rtant , announced that he is stepping down from his role in managing this Thread, after doing such a great job last year.

As @AlphaLackey mentioned in another thread, the start of the season is looming so I figured I'd get it started.

Until then however, to use the wording of those before me:

This sign-up thread will ensure that there's no duplicated effort and enable posters to grab games that they're interested in.

• Explicitly state the game you want to sign up for: give a date and an opponent, so it's very clear
• First come, first served! If you want to bargain with someone over a particular game, either do it through the PM system, or bargain here.
• If you claim a game and can't do the GDT for some reason, no big deal: just post in this thread that you can't do that game, and someone will take it over for you.

Not many rules, although there are a few official and unofficial ones: try not to post until Midnight CST (the day of the game), and follow the site rules regarding content.

Biggest rule: have fun! Put in hours, days, or minutes - it really doesn't matter as long as you enjoy it and give fellow fans a place to cheer for the Jets during the Game Day. Do what you can to help the HFJets community, and have a good time with it!

There are no 'standards' in terms of what needs to be created: we're only looking for your creativity and your sense of humour. It can be a text only GDT, it can be a Photoshop masterpiece, it can be a MS Paint GDT - whatever strikes your fancy.

The most important part of a GDT is your participation. Please don't be intimidated by GDT's, and feel that you must meet some certain level of 'polish' in order to post one!

For 1st timers wanting some guidance, I’d suggest providing the Lineups to start. NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff is a handy resource for this.

Something else I myself found helpful is to check out the work of others on this site. Just hit the GDT icon on any Team site and it will list all the GDT’s made. This will give you some ideas. There are an incredible range, from basic to very artistic.

One thing that you can count on is that you will be supported in whatever you provide, that’s what is one of the many things I love about this Board

For anyone who is interested, the 2021 season GDT record is :
@AlphaLackey 2-1/@SUX2BU 5-2 / @Ginger Papa 9-8/ @The Blue Baron 3-3/ @Jets 31 3-0/ @Aggie204 2-2 / @Zhamnov5GoalGame 2-3/ @RetroWinnipeg 3-3/ @flyingkiwi 1-0 / @Fastfrde 0-2/ @Mud Turtle 0-1 / @Neuf 0-1

——
Jan 14th
:flames
Home
@AlphaLackey
4-3 OT WIN
Jan 18th
:leafs
Away
@SUX2BU
1-3 LOSS
Jan 19th
:sens
Away
@SUX2BU
4-3 OT WIN
Jan 21st
Away
@Ginger Papa
4-1 WIN
Jan 23rd
Home
@Ginger Papa
6-3 WIN
Jan 24th
:edmonton
Home
@The Blue Baron
3-4 LOSS
Jan26th
Home
@Jets 31
6-4 WIN
Jan30th
:nucks
Home
@Aggie204
1-4 LOSS
Feb 1st
Home
@Zhamnov5GoalGame
3-4 SO LOSS
Feb 2nd
Home
@SUX2BU
4-3 WIN
Feb 4th
Home
@RetroWinnipeg
4-1 WIN
Feb 9th
Away
@Ginger Papa
2-3 LOSS
Feb 11th
Home
@The Blue Baron
5-1 WIN
Feb 13th
Home
@Aggie204
1-2 LOSS
Feb 15th
Away
@Zhamnov5GoalGame
6-5 WIN
Feb 17th
Away
@Ginger Papa
2-3 LOSS
Feb 19th
Away
@The Blue Baron
2-0 WIN
Feb 21st
Away
@Ginger Papa
3-2 WIN
Feb 25th
:habs
Home
@RetroWinnipeg
6-3 WIN
Feb 27th
Home
@Aggie204
2-1 OT WIN
Mar 1st
Home
@Ginger Papa
0-4 LOSS
Mar 2nd
Home
@Ginger Papa
5-2 WIN
Mar 4th
Away
@flyingkiwi
4-3 OT WIN
Mar 6th
Away
@The Blue Baron
1-7 LOSS
Mar 9th
Away
@SUX2BU
4-3 WIN
Mar 11th
Away
@RetroWinnipeg
3-4 OT LOSS
Mar 13th
Away
@Aggie204
5-2 WIN
Mar 15th
Home
@Zhamnov5GoalGame
2-4 LOSS
Mar 17th
Home
@Ginger Papa
4-3 OT WIN
Mar 18th
Away
@SUX2BU
1-2 LOSS
Mar 20th
Away
@Fastfrde
2-4 LOSS
Mar 22nd
Away
@Ginger Papa
4-0 WIN
Mar 24th
Away
@Ginger Papa
5-1 WIN
Mar 26th
Away
@AlphaLackey
3-2 WIN
Mar 27th
Away
@The Blue Baron
2-4 LOSS
Mar 26th
Away
@Ginger Papa
5-1 WIN
Mar 31st
Home
@Ginger Papa
1-3 LOSS
Apr 2nd
Home
@Fastfrde
1-2 SO LOSS
Apr 5th
Home
@RetroWinnipeg
4-3 WIN
Apr 8th
Away
@SUX2BU
4-2 WIN
Apr 10th

Away
@Zhamnov5GoalGame
5-0 W
Apr 12th
Away
@RetroWinnipeg
2-4 LOSS
Apr 14th
Away
@Ginger Papa
3-2 WIN
Apr 15th
Away
@Ginger Papa
5-2 WIN
Apr 17th
Home
@RetroWinnipeg
0-3 LOSS
Apr 22nd
Home
@Mud Turtle
3-5 LOSS
Apr 24th
Home
@Ginger Papa
1-4 LOSS
Apr 26th
Home
@Neuf
1-6 LOSS
Apr 28th
Home
@Zhamnov5GoalGame
1-3 LOSS
Apr 30th
Away
@Ginger Papa
3-5 LOSS
May 3rd
Away
@AlphaLackey
1-2 LOSS
May 5th
Away
@Jets 31
5-0 WIN
May 8th
Home
@Ginger Papa
2-4 LOSS
May 10th
Home
@Ginger Papa
1-3 LOSS
May 11th
Home
@SUX2BU
5-2 WIN
May 14th
Home
@The Blue Baron
4-2 WIN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Playoffs 2021

Round 1

Wednesday
May 19th
8pm CT
AWAY
@Jets 31
4-1 WIN
Friday
May 21st
8pm CT
AWAY
@Ginger Papa
1-0 WIN
Sunday
May 23rd
6:30 CT
HOME
@Zhamnov5GoalGame 5-4 WIN
Monday
May 24th
8:45 CT
HOME
@Ginger Papa
4-3 WIN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Round 2

Wednesday
June 2nd
6:30 CT
HOME
@Jets 31
3-5 LOSS
Friday
June 4th
6:30 CT:habs
HOME
@Zhamnov5GoalGame
Sunday
June 6th
5:00 CT
AWAY
@flyingkiwi
Monday
June 7th
Time TBD
AWAY
@razorsedge
Wednesday
June 9th
Time TBD
HOME
:habs:habs
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
So I think I have the Regular Season Schedule Set. To be honest it's messed with my mind having so many games in a row with the same teams. I probably did a dozen f***ing edits because I'd either miss a team in a row or add an extra game to their back to back lol.

I've gone over it a few times alongside the NHL.com schedule and it looks good, but please feel free to review it.

In case this Thread gets missed, I'll use this opportunity to hail our HF Jets friends who did GDT's last season but haven't checked in yet.

@The Blue Baron
@Conflicted Habs fan
@Luc Labelle
@RetroWinnipeg
@Mud Turtle
@Zhamnov5GoalGame
@jefferoni
@tbcwpg
@Kent C Tugood

I'm planning to wait and see how much interest there is first before I sign up for any games. If there isn't much then I'll jump in. If there are some short notice cancellations then I can pick those up as well.

I'm excited for this season!

GO!:jetsGO!

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Thanks to @Ginger Papa for getting this rolling this year, I think you can drop the adopted part now, I'm not clever enough to do one but I enjoy each and every GDT and appreciate all the effort that everyone puts into them
Yes some of these HF Jets posters have a tonne of talent for GDT's , you could try a plain Jane GDT like mine though. :laugh:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I'll admit that I've been in full hibernation this off season and it will take me a while to get back up to speed on our team and the season. While I'll never be able to return to my 2018 level of doing almost every GDT I will try to dust myself off and contribute a couple this year.
giphy.gif

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'll admit that I've been in full hibernation this off season and it will take me a while to get back up to speed on our team and the season. While I'll never be able to return to my 2018 level of doing almost every GDT I will try to dust myself off and contribute a couple this year.
giphy.gif
Nice to see you back Zhamnov . :nod:

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Thank you @nobody imp0rtant for stepping in and doing this last year

thanks @Ginger Papa for undertaking the thread this year

Looking forward to the GDTs for this upcoming year from all that will contribute.

Go Jets go ..........

Well put Suxy, look forward to creative Hilarious threads. I mean

does any other team page do the more concise, creative, detailed game threads? WELL HELL NO!:popcorn:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Well put Suxy, look forward to creative Hilarious threads. I mean

does any other team page do the more concise, creative, detailed game threads? WELL HELL NO!:popcorn:

Ours was up to 11 pages well before puck drop. "The other guys" were at 2 pages when the game started. I'm just saying, our GDTs are awesome :)

PS @Ginger Papa you wanna update that score so the world can see I'm 1-0 to start the year? :D. Maybe even mention that it was an ROW win and not a shootout :P

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Done. @AlphaLackey jumps out in the early lead.

I've picked up Feb 9th :flames because that will be the 4th mtg in a row and I'm sure we'll be plenty sick of them by then.

I've also picked up Feb 27th :habs with a Back to Back theme in mind.

I'll leave myself open to pick up others if need be:
e79c031f16b785af8186baddcb96dccb.gif
Holey hell, that's funny. :laugh:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I'll right. I'm on holidays this week so I will try one of my old school all nighters and I will take the game for tomorrow. The post will be up a bit later because of I haven't even started yet. Please confirm this so I don't work on something while another one is already in the works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad