NFL: 2021 Free Agent Frenzy/Cuts

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Didn’t that guy get Peterson fired? Lol

Nope that was Press Taylor who is with the Colts now. Our completely inept QB coach that Pederson wanted to promote to OC. Thats what got him fired. Not improving our draft pick from #9 to #6 which enabled Howie to land an extra 1st for moving down to #12.

I liked Nate even though he is not a good QB. Hope he does well for the 49ers.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Arden Key was garbage
Key, no surprise. Hurst a surprise. For the player, it stinks to get let go, but at least now he can find the right fit for himself. Raiders could have kept him as he was still on his rookie contract, so minimal cap hit. Could have cut him after training camp, but this is likely the better outcome for Hurst if his chances of sticking with the Raiders was slim.

He had a first round grade before the draft, but slipped to round 5 due to a medical issue.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Key, no surprise. Hurst a surprise. For the player, it stinks to get let go, but at least now he can find the right fit for himself. Raiders could have kept him as he was still on his rookie contract, so minimal cap hit. Could have cut him after training camp, but this is likely the better outcome for Hurst if his chances of sticking with the Raiders was slim.

He had a first round grade before the draft, but slipped to round 5 due to a medical issue.

Arden Keys stupidity against Miami was the last straw, what the f*** was he thinking :facepalm:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Releasing him this late in the process screws him but he's still good so maybe a team will find some money for him.

Hurst is a surprise for the Raiders if he isn't being released for medical reasons. He's young, cheap, and pretty decent.

I'd take either one of these guys on the Vikings. A Richardson reunion is probably unlikely because of money and I doubt he'd want to share snaps with Tomlinson. Maybe they can get Hurst as a situational pass rusher though to add more depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad