NFL: 2021 Free Agent Frenzy/Cuts

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wonder if Andy will bring DeSean to camp
Not on a big contract. KC is likely to cut Watkins to save cap space so would need another WR. He wouldn’t be a top 2 guy so if he can’t stay healthy then they aren’t hurt depending on him in a key role.

opposition doubles Hill and Kelce so Jackson would get one on one opportunities. If he still has 4.4 speed he’d be dangerous on some deep shots.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not on a big contract. KC is likely to cut Watkins to save cap space so would need another WR. He wouldn’t be a top 2 guy so if he can’t stay healthy then they aren’t hurt depending on him in a key role.

opposition doubles Hill and Kelce so Jackson would get one on one opportunities. If he still has 4.4 speed he’d be dangerous on some deep shots.
I don't think anyone, even him, expects to be much more than a minimum contract with a handful of snaps per game.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Something to keep in mind for teams in potential FA hunt

Still plenty of time for teams to cut veterans to free up cap space. Cutting Jackson dropped the Eagle's cap commitment from $10.6 million down to a $5.8 mill dead cap charge, freeing up $5 million.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Still plenty of time for teams to cut veterans to free up cap space. Cutting Jackson dropped the Eagle's cap commitment from $10.6 million down to a $5.8 mill dead cap charge, freeing up $5 million.
Definitely. I'm expecting the Lions and Raiders to both save around $30 million from cutting guys. The cuts will keep coming during free agency too.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Definitely. I'm expecting the Lions and Raiders to both save around $30 million from cutting guys. The cuts will keep coming during free agency too.

Lamarcus Joyner and Trent Brown could be cut. Joyner is meh plus Brown ate his way out of Vegas, now he’s all of a sudden ‘commuted’ to a work out regime.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Lamarcus Joyner and Trent Brown could be cut. Joyner is meh plus Brown ate his way out of Vegas, now he’s all of a sudden ‘commuted’ to a work out regime.
Incognito likely out too with his injuries last season and no guaranteed money left.

Simpson their 4th round pick from 2020 likely takes over at guard. Not sure who takes Browns spot at OT.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Incognito likely out too with his injuries last season and no guaranteed money left.

Simpson their 4th round pick from 2020 likely takes over at guard. Not sure who takes Browns spot at OT.

Raiders can get someone from Free Agency for RT. Kolton Miller has the LT locked up.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
The Raiders might cut Gabe Jackson at guard too. His play has declined the past couple seasons although still decent. Cutting him would save $9 million. Joyner and Brown are getting cut for sure imo. For Incognito, it probably depends on what they decide with Jackson. I doubt they cut both.

Good chance they cut Mariota as well. That saves another 10.75million. Counting Williams the Raiders could free up $60 million in cap space.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Raiders might cut Gabe Jackson at guard too. His play has declined the past couple seasons although still decent. Cutting him would save $9 million. Joyner and Brown are getting cut for sure imo. For Incognito, it probably depends on what they decide with Jackson. I doubt they cut both.
Have to cut one of them. Incognito was hurt most of last season, thus I think he's more likely to get cut and has no dead money I believe. Don't think the Raiders could afford to replace 3 members of their planned OL from last season.

And Mariotta likely gets moved. I don't think they can afford his $11 mill cap hit next season.

Brown - $14 mill, Mariotta - $11.3 mill, Joyner - $8.7 mill, Incognito - $5.6 mill

That's about $39 million in cap space freed up above the $10.6 mill they saved following the T. Williams release.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Good chance they cut Mariota as well. That saves another 10.75million. Counting Williams the Raiders could free up $60 million in cap space.

Thats a healthy chunk of money cut so we can fill some holes.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Have to cut one of them. Incognito was hurt most of last season, thus I think he's more likely to get cut and has no dead money I believe. Don't think the Raiders could afford to replace 3 members of their planned OL from last season.

And Mariotta likely gets moved. I don't think they can afford his $11 mill cap hit next season.

Brown - $14 mill, Mariotta - $11.3 mill, Joyner - $8.7 mill, Incognito - $5.6 mill

That's about $39 million in cap space freed up above the $10.6 mill they saved following the T. Williams release.
Incognito has played better than Jackson the past couple years but his injuries/age are definitely a concern. Neither guy would any dead money if cut. Cutting Jackson would save $9.6 mill. I think they'll likely keep him and cut Incognito tgo.

They might cut Carl Nassib as well. That would save another $4 mill. He didn't do much last year and if Bradley likes guys like Irving and Tak McKinnly better than I think they'll cut him regardless of the dead money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->