Racing: 2021 Formula 1 Season

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Max Verstappen isn't some crazed asshole tbh. I get that he's incredible driven and can be cutthroat but this is the same guy who refused to pass Hamilton in Singapore 2018 when Hamilton was held up by backmarkers fighting each other for position.

He has sportsmanship, imo.
Is this actually true? If it is, reason #354,921 why Max will never be a World Champion.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Max Verstappen isn't some crazed asshole tbh. I get that he's incredible driven and can be cutthroat but this is the same guy who refused to pass Hamilton in Singapore 2018 when Hamilton was held up by backmarkers fighting each other for position.

He has sportsmanship, imo.

I definitely think it's possible to both not want to give the position back AND doing it fairly if you have to do it.
I don't think that kind of stuff would make him an asshole at all. To me that's the sort of stuff you do without thinking twice when you're fighting for a title.

Like Lewis vs Nico at Abu Dhabi 2016. I've never criticized Lewis one bit for it. In fact, doing everything you humanly can within the rules to give yourself an advantage, I love that stuff.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Like Lewis vs Nico at Abu Dhabi 2016. I've never criticized Lewis one bit for it. In fact, doing everything you humanly can within the rules to give yourself an advantage, I love that stuff.

I'm still not convinced that Vettel had any intention of passing Rosberg back then.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm still not convinced that Vettel had any intention of passing Rosberg back then.

I'm with you on that one.

In other news. Hulk officially signed as Aston Martin's reserve and development driver. Doesn't seem to be shared with Mercedes either....or..at least there's no mention of it.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Since track extending was a major topic the first weekend, I did some MotoGP 19 online today and apparently no one knows how to brake on that game. The penalty system is also incredibly flawed, you don't really get punished for track extending and it can be benefitial on tracks with tarmac runoff areas (like Qatar).

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I am amazed to see Kimi Raikkonen still racing in F1...I haven’t paid much attention to the sport for the past several years.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Since track extending was a major topic the first weekend, I did some MotoGP 19 online today and apparently no one knows how to brake on that game. The penalty system is also incredibly flawed, you don't really get punished for track extending and it can be benefitial on tracks with tarmac runoff areas (like Qatar).
w070im8miqt61.jpg

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I gotta say Norris has pleasantly surprised me so far. I never really jumped on the hype train with him, and expected Ricciardo to start beating him instantly. I still believe Daniel will be ahead of him once he gets the hang of that McLaren but damn, Norris very well could've been on pole. On pure pace.

Reactions: DaveG

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I gotta say Norris has pleasantly surprised me so far. I never really jumped on the hype train with him, and expected Ricciardo to start beating him instantly. I still believe Daniel will be ahead of him once he gets the hang of that McLaren but damn, Norris very well could've been on pole. On pure pace.
The longer this race goes on the worse this looks

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Looked like both drivers were at fault. Bottas was taking the normal racing line and didn't realise Russell was about to overtake him, and Russell maybe should've considered in the poor conditions and visibility. Like Russell had a gap and it was his right to try to take it, but doing the right thing and the smart thing isn't always the one and same.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
There was some amateur driving today from a few experienced campaigners. Lewis did some damage control and it's game on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->