2021 Ford Bronco

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I'm a Jeep guy and I really like the look of the new Broncos. For me - as a Jeep guy - I like what the Bronco portends relative to the design of Jeeps going forward. Aside from the Wrangler and to some extent the Renegade, Jeep has moved more towards the "Crossover look" with Grand Cherokee, Cherokee, and Compass. Liberty and Patriot - which had more classic Jeep profile are gone. I think that Jeep will have to add another option with a boxier profile like the Bronco. That will work for me as by that time, I might be ready for my next Jeep.

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm a Jeep guy and I really like the look of the new Broncos. For me - as a Jeep guy - I like what the Bronco portends relative to the design of Jeeps going forward. Aside from the Wrangler and to some extent the Renegade, Jeep has moved more towards the "SUV look" with Grand Cherokee, Cherokee, and Compass. Liberty and Patriot - which had more classic Jeep profile are gone. I think that Jeep will have to add another option with a boxier profile like the Bronco. That will work for me as by that time, I might be ready for my next Jeep.

damn, dex, you don't even mention the gladiator here? It's one of the few pick-ups out there that I actually care for looks wise.

Reactions: beowulf and Dex

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
damn, dex, you don't even mention the gladiator here? It's one of the few pick-ups out there that I actually care for looks wise.

Forgot the Gladiator. I'm not a pickup truck guy but I like the looks of this one. I almost got run over by one of these in the parking garage where I work. The driver didn't see me as he was rounding a turn. I had to jump our of the way. He rolled down his window and asked if I was okay - and I responded that it was no biggie and that his Gladiator looked great. It was the first time I had seen one in person. Very nice indeed.

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Forgot the Gladiator. I'm not a pickup truck guy but I like the looks of this one. I almost got run over by one of these in the parking garage where I work. The driver didn't see me as he was rounding a turn. I had to jump our of the way. He rolled down his window and asked if I was okay - and I responded that it was no biggie and that his Gladiator looked great. It was the first time I had seen one in person. Very nice indeed.

I'm not a big pickup person, either. might be why Jeep's version appeals to me. I don't know if they come out of the factory this way or if people screw with them afterwards, but I find most pickups just flat out ride too high to be able to safely and easily unload anything sizable (like a fridge) from the pick-up bed. I have relation that have bought new pickups in the past few years and they need help getting into the back of the things, climb up tires, get a step stool, etc.

I haven't seen any of the gladiators with a big bed, I just assume they all have short ones, but I really appreciate how accessible they are.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Jeep is going to be bringing their A game to challenge the Bronco....officially going to release a V8 Wrangler called the 392.

Jeep's New V8 Wrangler Rubicon 392 Will Battle the Ford Bronco

If you wanted a more powerful Wrangler, Jeep has you covered. The “392” stands for cubic inches and references this Jeep’s new engine, FCA’s 6.4-liter V8. (It's the same engine found in the Durango SRT.) That plant will put out 470 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque and propel the Wrangler 392 from 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds, a 40 percent jump over the V6 Wrangler Rubicon. You won’t get a manual transmission — Jeep is giving it an eight-speed automatic — but you will get performance shifting technology from the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk.

Let the battle begin!

member 157595

Yeah but I feel like for off-roading that the gearing is more important than the sheer horsepower.

Gimme a turbodiesel with a manual tranny, a ton of low gears and locking differential if I'm off-road IMO.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ford showing off a Bronco concept or two at SEMA

SEMA-Show-Special-Unveils-New-Bronco-Ranger-and-F-150-Concepts-4-1000x600.jpg

• The Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door Concept reveals Bronco’s modularity. This concept is built around one of the Bronco program’s customer-use scenarios, in which a comfortable Monday through Friday Bronco is converted for a weekend of extreme off-roading, and then back to stock Badlands spec for the week ahead. Instead of the potential damage to Bronco’s factory-equipped body parts, Bronco brand’s Built Wild innovative design process enabled the concept to have swappable front fenders and rear quarters. Easy to install before a trail ride, and removable, these concept accessory parts are made from robust and impact-ready materials that replace stock painted parts. And for a throwback cue to the first-generation Bronco U13 Roadster model, the Bronco features a tough stepover replacement panel for maximum thrill and open-air feeling instead of traditional doors. 3D-printed titanium parts strip weight and increase strength.

SEMA-Show-Special-Unveils-New-Bronco-Ranger-and-F-150-Concepts-5-1000x600.jpg

• The MAD Bronco Sport Badlands turns the Bronco of small SUVs into the ultimate for overlanding adventures. Ford teamed up with MAD Industries for a build that is an outdoor adventurer’s dream conversion. MAD is an established Ford project vehicle builder, with a rich history of custom builds, tricking out everything from a Mustang to an F-350.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I can't think of anything I would want less than a 470 hp Wrangler.
Yeah the issue with the Wrangler isn't so much the horsepower, it's the fact that they over price the hell out of it and it's basically a grocery getter for most people these days, it's got a cult following with the older models for off-roading, but the new ones? I see a ton of those wanker mobiles everywhere in the city, "slammed" or done up in a way where you know 100% the only offroading it's seen is the one time they parked on a bloke's unpaved gravel driveway.

Bronco is interesting, they've built it essentially to mod as much as you'd like to be your custom off road vehicle. I was very into that life at one point and I steered clear of anything made by Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge after learning on my own how horrendous owning one of those are for lack of quality.

At this stage, I have an SUV only because I am used to driving one.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The new Blazer isn't really a bad car, just sort of bland and nothing like the old Blazers. Naming it the Blazer was a pure money grab, it should have been named something completely different or replaced the last generation Traverse.
It lacks the feel of the power it has, I tested one of those just for the hell of it (nostalgia of an old vehicle returning and what not) and it just felt like it made a lot of noise for how unimpressive it was when you hit the gas. I also tested (before the Bronco came out, I essentially drove the Edge as I felt it was going to be the closest to the same feel...who knows if they are, won't know until I test it) the Ford Edge ST, that felt like they threw the ST on just to charge a few more grand.

Blazer was one of those why even bother? types.
Bronco feels like it was definitely a market that Ford was trying to enter.
Jeep just seems to lack any innovation these days.

Bronco is in a good spot to hit a stale market and dominate next year.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
:eyeroll:

More likely because of a supply issue for production.

This is a common thing for starting up production lines for new vehicles.

i was only half joking

that makes sense i suppose. First year cars make me nervous. Not sure why I chose one to plunk 14k on one,cuz it was built 55 years ago.

Reactions: TaLoN

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
lol why is FCA garbage littering this thread? I'm not a huge Ford fan myself but even they could never be as trash as FCA. Even FCA's bread and butter Wranglers and RAM trucks are littered with problems. They are the Nissan of the US, an afterthought... that uses that fact to extend credit to subprime buyers.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
He has it already?
Yes. It's the first one that I have seen. He must have picked it up over the weekend because he kept circling the block. I must have seen him 5 times in a 90-minute span. the only reason I kept noticing it was because I was snow blowing the street portion of my driveway and I kept having to get out of the way when he came up the hill.

Reactions: Ricelund

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Saw one yesterday. Looked great.

got home and googled it. A turbo 3 and a turbo 4 as the only options though? They ruined it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad