2021 Ford Bronco

Chubbinz

Nov 1, 2016
If I wasn't looking for a new truck I would totally get one of the two door models.

coupe89

Jan 25, 2006
PEI
I think I will wait a few years then get one. I never a good idea to get the first couple years of a new model and my Edge will be ready to trade in.

Reactions: FMichael

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Just look at it.

2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-exterior-4.jpg

2021-Ford-Bronco-front-three-quarter-2.jpg

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
A million times better than Chevy's bastardization of the Blazer. I love the two-door.

Honestly, I don't mind the design of the Blazer. It's the price tag that can f*** off.

The top model is still not as good of a crossover as a Mazda CX-5 or a Rav-4, and costs $10-15K more.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think they nailed it with both the 2 and 4 door versions.

The sport? Meh

Also, good on them for offering gears to row!

2021 Ford Bronco Gets a Manual Transmission, and We Say Amen
Any new manual transmission is a rarity these days, and that the new Bronco includes this celebration-worthy bit makes us even more enthused about this SUV's revival.
Ford insists on referring to the short first gear as a creeper gear, going so far as to label it with a C on the shift knob and putting it in a dogleg position down and to the left, below reverse. However, the overall gearing in low range once the Bronco's larger tires and the Wrangler's shorter low-range ratio are factored are similar.
The Bronco's 6.588:1 first gear, paired with the shorter 3.06:1 low gear of the optional two-speed transfer case and the shortest 4.70:1 rear axle, means first gear is good for up to 7 mph in low range, same as the Wrangler. In high range, it will take you to 21 mph, versus 29 mph for the Wrangler, so it doesn't seem out of the question to use it in regular driving. We'll see if it's more advantageous to use it to extract the best acceleration runs once we get one to test. In its 0.646:1 top gear, the Bronco will cruise along at 80 mph at roughly 2400 rpm, about 150 rpm lower than the Wrangler.
While we await the chance to flick the Bronco's new transmission through its seven gears, let's just laud the fact that there's a new manual on the market.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricelund and Boud

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Honestly, I don't mind the design of the Blazer. It's the price tag that can f*** off.

The top model is still not as good of a crossover as a Mazda CX-5 or a Rav-4, and costs $10-15K more.
The new Blazer isn't really a bad car, just sort of bland and nothing like the old Blazers. Naming it the Blazer was a pure money grab, it should have been named something completely different or replaced the last generation Traverse.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Oddly enough, I've gotten a shit ton of Jeep advertisements in the last week or so...

... Not sure if it's because I've been looking at the Bronco or if they beefed up their ads.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Not a big fan of 4bys or trucks in general...but I like that. If I were in the market for an off-roader, I'd definitely be leaning towards that over the Jeep.

Too bad they didn't have one with an engine in it for Doug to test.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Not a big fan of 4bys or trucks in general...but I like that. If I were in the market for an off-roader, I'd definitely be leaning towards that over the Jeep.

Too bad they didn't have one with an engine in it for Doug to test.

Some of his reviews frustrate me to no end. He doesn't really take into account the target demo. "This Hellcat has very little cargo space and you might have trouble getting carseats into the back. It gets a family hauler score of 1"

ok?

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Some of his reviews frustrate me to no end. He doesn't really take into account the target demo. "This Hellcat has very little cargo space and you might have trouble getting carseats into the back. It gets a family hauler score of 1"

ok?
There are ups and downs with all the reviewers in some form or other. Doug can be annoying sometimes but usually I like his summaries. I work the night shift now and get home usually a little shy of 1am, and after a shower I usually only have enough attention span for youtube videos. My wife has to work in the morning, but she tries to stay up late enough for us to spend a little time together during the week. We're working on a Doug DeMuro drinking game.
  • Open/pour a new drink when he opens with "THISSSSSSSS..." even if you have a drink open already.
  • 1 drink per quirk or feature.
  • 1 drink every time he says "logo" or points out badging.
  • 1 drink for every mention of geometric shapes.
  • Finish your drink every time he notices that a car symbol (such as the trunk open button on the key fob) has the silhouette of the car model he's reviewing.
  • 1 drink per editing jumpcut.
  • Whenever Doug marvels at outdated technology that used to be commonplace, drink for the duration of his anecdote.
  • 1 drink for every time he mentions he's tall.
  • 1 drink for every point away from 10 he gives a car for acceleration after he's been near-orgasmic about it during the test drive. (Test drive: "WHOAAAaaaaa...! This thing is BRUTAL!!" Doug score: Acceleration is good, I give it a 7."
  • 1 drink for every time he passes the same location during a test drive.
Will think of more later.
  • 1 drink per mention of blank switches.
  • 1 drink per mention of panel gaps.
  • 1 drink for every time he says "massive".

Last edited:

member 157595

ok?

Bullshit. I for one am indeed looking at a used Toyota Prius to carry a two-ton payload.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad