OT: 2021 Football Thread: Mock Draft SZN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I don't think there is anyway on gods green earth if we don't take Sewell that he gets past the Dolphins at 3 and at very very worst the Bengals at 5. We've discussed this earlier this week and we are on same page tho. Jets either take Wilson at 2 or trade down hopefully nowhere past 6.

I agree. Sewell is gone at 5. I would sprint to the podium in that situation though.

If it's a trade down, I think it's Denver at 9. Elway is under alot of pressure there and that could be the panic trade that brings in the mother load.

And at 9, I take Slater for RT unless by some miracle D. Smith fell.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I love how no matter what happens, Cimini writes how it’s bad for the Jets

It’s Thursday.....and well that doesn’t bode well for the Jets

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I love how no matter what happens, Cimini writes how it’s bad for the Jets

It’s Thursday.....and well that doesn’t bode well for the Jets

Tough to compare.

Objective

- Wentz has a huge contract
- Darnold is still on the cheap although 5th yr option is a raise. Afterwards?

Subjective

- Wentz (poor attitude or maybe it was Philly)
- Darnold (good soldier and issues could be the Jets)

Which Qb is good? Which isn't good?

(Edit) - appears the Colts could cut him in a year. That's interesting b/c anybody trading for Darnold could do the same.

Last edited:

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I don’t see Reich benching Wentz at really any point unless they are eliminated from the hunt really early, that’s also really hard to happen with 7 teams now making the playoffs.

Outside of an injury, looks like it’s a good chance it winds up being a 1 and a 3.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don't think there is anyway on gods green earth if we don't take Sewell that he gets past the Dolphins at 3 and at very very worst the Bengals at 5. We've discussed this earlier this week and we are on same page tho. Jets either take Wilson at 2 or trade down hopefully nowhere past 6.

Wilson COULD be great, or not. After Lawrence no guarantees, it's a crap shoot.
For that reason, plus the bold above, plus that Sewell is 111% can't miss signif OL help and that position is critical to QB protection and offense, my vote remains take Sewell at 2.
Try for Slater also in top 10 if we can trade other assets.

Sewell is NOT a luxury. He IS a HUGE need.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Wilson COULD be great, or not. After Lawrence no guarantees, it's a crap shoot.
For that reason, plus the bold above, plus that Sewell is 111% can't miss signif OL help and that position is critical to QB protection and offense, my vote remains take Sewell at 2.
Try for Slater also in top 10 if we can trade other assets.

Sewell is NOT a luxury. He IS a HUGE need.

3 LT with all your draft capital is not a need. Its insane.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No. Ryan is literally 99% untradable this offseason because of cap reasons.

And the 2 pick is either Wilson or a trade down. Way too many QB hungry teams (Denver, Carolina, possibly Atlanta, Detroit, and now Philly) to target Sewell at 2.

Now, hypothetical, if the Jets trade down to 6 and Sewell is there, I would personally sprint the ticket to Goodell.

There is just too much value at 2 in a trade down to pick there unless we take Wilson and reboot.

I see your pts but I maintain my position.
Value of Sewell even at high price of 2OA is worth more than every alternative except adding Lawrence,

--------
Idea w/Ryan was use our $$ to get more value out of trade.
ATL getting Darnold cheap 1 yr and we take Ryan works for them. Obv adding only SEA 1st is not enuf to get 4OA.
But we should be able to add to get 4OA to that w/o sacrificing 2OA [Sewell].

We then look at DEN etc who need QB this yr and eat a chunk of Ryan, who is short term $, upping value on our return.

How SURE are we that Fields or Wilson or this one or that one is really Mahomes and not Todd Blackledge 2.0? They don't, and neither do we.
Grab the SURE thing.
Don't try to be too cute and then if there is a surprise, we miss out, and no Sewell, no Slater.

We need a lot of help, but let's nail down OL, pls

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
3 LT with all your draft capital is not a need. Its insane.

Not w/this piss poor group of OL.
Other than Becton, they suck big time.

And as to playing T in G position, no prob
Like in hockey, Cs can handle W, not vice versa.
parallel here.
Give me an extra premium stud T or 2.
barring injury it resolves most OL probs

worth it
even if pinching a few pennies here or there

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Sounds like the Jets are looking to go trading the Darnold route.

Sounds like a 2 is what the Jets want.

Really hope this is a smoke screen or an attempt to make a bidding war.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Sounds like the Jets are looking to go trading the Darnold route.

Sounds like a 2 is what the Jets want.

Really hope this is a smoke screen or an attempt to make a bidding war.

if they get 'enuf' that works for me.
that could be a 2.
could be other combo/package.

for max effectiveness, am hoping it is
SEA 1st + Darnold + possibly something else
to move up
with an earlier 1st

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
if they get 'enuf' that works for me.
that could be a 2.
could be other combo/package.

for max effectiveness, am hoping it is
SEA 1st + Darnold + possibly something else
to move up
with an earlier 1st

This is not a team missing 1-2 pieces to contend.

It's a franchise that needs to hit and often on multiple picks. So I am not moving up in round 1 at all.

And Oline is not the biggest hole this team has.

That would be CB, which I could win the dime DB spot in an open tryout right now.

CB, OLine, Dline (again, shifting back to 4-3 base), sideline to sideline OLB (not 3-4 edge rushers), RB, TE.

Give me as many picks as possible to land starters.

Reactions: Maximus

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This is not a team missing 1-2 pieces to contend.

It's a franchise that needs to hit and often on multiple picks. So I am not moving up in round 1 at all.

And Oline is not the biggest hole this team has.

That would be CB, which I could win the dime DB spot in an open tryout right now.

CB, OLine, Dline (again, shifting back to 4-3 base), sideline to sideline OLB (not 3-4 edge rushers), RB, TE.

Give me as many picks as possible to land starters.

Not disputing need in those areas, disagree we do not need OL help as well, and more importantly, the dif here is that like Becton, Sewell and likely Slater are foundational build pieces.
Lock these guys up.
Then I am open to hearing w/many current/future picks, yr suggestions on when to trade up for better selection and where to trade down for extra selections.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
So many of these places do mocks to be different just to stick out.

Basically, they are hacks lol
Yeah this mock openly says "this isn't what I think what will happen" but what the guy would do if he ran all the teams. Like what the f*** is the point? This is just some dude's fever dream.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
There is no way Sewell drops past Cincy at 5, unless they wind up thinking Slater is better and take him.

No question as I've said same thing a bunch of times. Not a chance on gods green earth do the Bengals let Sewell past them especially after what they saw happen to Burrow.

I would not be surprised in the least if the Dolphins take Sewell if the Jets take Wilson or they trade down. This is the reason why I hope Douglas sends off fake smoke signals that Sewell is his guy to see if the Bengals bite and send a bunch of picks to the Jets to move down.

I know how Cincy has notoriously been over the years and that Brown is very frugal but Sewell is desperately needed by them. Lets see if they blink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad