Confirmed with Link: 2021 Expansion Draft (Haydn Fleury selected from Anaheim)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Shat and Henrique
Have cap space that is a better asset than what they’d return for the most part

we are going to lose a decent young guy likely but nothing irreplaceable.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If Murray is still in charge I would be really surprised if Silf isn’t protected. Think he still goes 4/4 but Silf is the 4th guy.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
What are the chances they pick rico ? I mean he’s not really gonna affect us too much by keeping his contract but at the same time we could use the money to get some sh*t contracts and maybe get a 2nd or better. Honestly I’ll be fine with Seattle taking any of, Henrique, Jakob, shattenkirk etc...ideally they take shattenkirk
I think the chances they pick Rico are very good - better than Shattenkirk at least. He is still a very serviceable veteran center and his salary goes a long way toward reaching the floor. I don't think the waiver nonsense will have any impact on his desirability at the ED. A solid, consistent player (and he has been that his entire career) at a key position is something I think an expansion team would covet.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I think the chances they pick Rico are very good - better than Shattenkirk at least. He is still a very serviceable veteran center and his salary goes a long way toward reaching the floor. I don't think the waiver nonsense will have any impact on his desirability at the ED. A solid, consistent player (and he has been that his entire career) at a key position is something I think an expansion team would covet.

Not sure any team is looking at Henrique thinking he's solid or consistent, especially for a guy making almost 7 Mill the next three years. Dude could barely get dressed for one of the worst teams in the league. I'm hoping he can raise his value next season enough to be a neutral asset since he's only 30, but I don't think that's happening this offseason.

Shatty I have no idea about. I get the impression teams might like him more than the fans that only see him shat the ice.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
One thing to keep in mind is that Henrique is this teams top scorer for the past three seasons and is personally responsible for about 10 % of all goals this team has scored during that span. This season he's 2nd behind Comtois who's ahead by 3 goals yet Henrique has played 9 games less. I'm not oppose of trading him or losing him in ED however I do worry about the lack of goal scoring with this team.

Reactions: Kalv

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
After Henrique’s great tournament at the worlds captaining Canada to victory, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he was taken by Seattle. Gallant is also prob the front runner for the Kraken’s head coaching job, and now there’s a connection between him and Rico

Reactions: Kalv

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I have big doubts Seattle takes him but I do see a very good chance that he is traded there with some salary retention.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
One thing to keep in mind is that Henrique is this teams top scorer for the past three seasons and is personally responsible for about 10 % of all goals this team has scored during that span. This season he's 2nd behind Comtois who's ahead by 3 goals yet Henrique has played 9 games less. I'm not oppose of trading him or losing him in ED however I do worry about the lack of goal scoring with this team.
We'll see how low can a team go, lol

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
With a small amount of incentive they might take him. Wonder if they take him for a third or fourth rounder added. That would be ideal.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just don’t know if a single competition where was kinda spread thin with talent is enough to add enough trade value to Henrique to move him or woo Seattle to take him. He got waived and there were no takers, and is Seattle going to take that contract off the Ducks hands for no incentive?

Heck if they are able to move him, then can take a risk and re-sign Rakell with some of that money to a team friendly deal. Rakell gave a shit, showed it on the ice, and even said he wants to be here and see the rebuild through. I feel the goals for him will return, and like to see him with Zegras and Comtois. That could be the key.

But with that said, I’m all for keeping Rico if he still wants to play for Anaheim, he is still a good 2c/3c and will help the young guys like Terry.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The issue with Henrique isn’t whether he can still contribute now it’s that he has three years left. That contract is already bad, by that last year it will be an anchor.

Reactions: Vipers31

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If henrique was one of the vets who just didn't buy in (and from the outside this certainly looked to be the case) then he has to go. Way too much smoke on issues in the room.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Yeah, I don’t like to play capologist given that we’re still in the mid-stages of a rebuild, but getting out from under a near $6M AAV when theres a possibility the cap may not be moving for the remainder of Henrique’s contract is a massive boon that gives management all sorts of options.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I actually would prefer to hold on to Henrique, one of our few players that can put the puck in the net. We are desperate for that right now.
I'm thinking the same way and this is even before his very successful World Champ games. I don't feel confident in my ability to assess the cap implications of his contract for the final year (or Silfverberg's) but I wouldn't think the Ducks are in a dire need for cap space to resign RFAs into big deals yet at that point. Plus Perry's buyout is paid out by then.

However if the rumored locker room issues are real then that's a whole another story. I just think that he's still one of the best players in this team judged by ability and knows how to score and has been consistently doing so for years. I'd expect him to stay on that same pace for the next two years at least.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I actually would prefer to hold on to Henrique, one of our few players that can put the puck in the net. We are desperate for that right now.
I’m beginning to agree with this, which is not something I thought I’d say. I don’t think retaining 50% of his contract just to get rid of him makes sense for us right now

the locker room issue stuff is a different story though. If that’s actually an issue, then you should do whatever it takes to make sure he never plays another game here

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
I would get rid of him easily. Sure we have scoring issues now but that contract can really screw us over. If someone is dumb enough to take them then I say F it why not

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah, I would like to hold onto Rico as well. He is a good player.
About the potential locker room issue, wasn't it mentioned that he understood that there might be a rebuild throughout his contract? Or was it said by another player.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Would Seattle like to select Fowler in exchange they trade for Silfverberg ? The question then is what would the trade for Silf look like & how much retention is needed.
Silf contract has the potential to be worse than Henrique because of the injury while playing a non premium position like RW.
That would shed so much salary they could be the front runners in a year from now for Barkov.

Fowler has a NTC so this would get around that.
If they plan on drafting Hughes and re-sign Lindholm, Fleury holds over the vacancy left by Fowler.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Would Seattle like to select Fowler in exchange they trade for Silfverberg ? The question then is what would the trade for Silf look like & how much retention is needed.
Silf contract has the potential to be worse than Henrique because of the injury while playing a non premium position like RW.
That would shed so much salary they could be the front runners in a year from now for Barkov.

Fowler has a NTC so this would get around that.
If they plan on drafting Hughes and re-sign Lindholm, Fleury holds over the vacancy left by Fowler.

I could not disagree more. Why would the Ducks need to use incentives for a 30-40 point, top 4, minutes-eating defenseman? Why would Seattle want an injured Silf?

This notion that Fowler is an issue that needs to be dealt with is confusing. He is one of the only consistent and healthy top 4 defensemen the Ducks have and he is one of the few who played well last season. The Ducks do not have any issues with cap now or in the next few seasons.

I'm not arguing that trading Fowler is a bad thing. But to hope he is essentially given away or the Ducks would have to add make no sense. If the Ducks stated Fowler was available, he would get a solid return.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
This notion that Fowler is an issue that needs to be dealt with is confusing. He is one of the only consistent and healthy top 4 defensemen the Ducks have and he is one of the few who played well last season. The Ducks do not have any issues with cap now or in the next few seasons.
That's been this guy's modus operandi for the last goodness knows how long, and nobody understands any of it. I wouldn't get too worked up over it, it's just literally the ideations of someone who doesn't like Fowler very much for whatever misguided reason.

Reactions: Hey234
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->