Confirmed with Link: 2021 Expansion Draft (Haydn Fleury selected from Anaheim)

Status
Not open for further replies.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I’d expose Silfverberg and Manson and protect the forward kids and Mahura.

I like Silf, but he has run his course what we have now is what we will always have.

Josh is more prone to bonehead plays in recent years. Time to move on.

John

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I like Silf, but he has run his course what we have now is what we will always have.

Josh is more prone to bonehead plays in recent years. Time to move on.

John
I kinda agree cept.... if were going to expose silf... we prob should just look to trade him first. I still think he has decent value league wide specially to a contender looking for a good 2way player.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Manson has 1 year remaining after this season, in which we will in all likelihood be picking top 10 again and might not get extended. I would rather have several seasons of Mahura than 1 year of Manson

What do you think Mahura is? Am I missing something? I see a bottom pairing guy with some PP upside to me.
I missed the first game he was up but I feel like I have a grasp of where he is at, but I may be wrong.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
What do you think Mahura is? Am I missing something? I see a bottom pairing guy with some PP upside to me.
I missed the first game he was up but I feel like I have a grasp of where he is at, but I may be wrong.
Mahura is 22 and exactly what this team lacks. A puck moving D that can skate and is willing to attack in the offensive zone. He's looked good on the PP in the past and has more upside there than anyone not named Drysdale.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think mahura has 2nd pairing upside.

And really manson isnt like some amazing player... he basically does what mahura does defensively... less offensively and we pay him 4 mil more... and he is due a new contract soon.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I kinda agree cept.... if were going to expose silf... we prob should just look to trade him first. I still think he has decent value league wide specially to a contender looking for a good 2way player.

I agree that Silf might be picked up by a contender for picks/prospect which is better than nothing. I think he is better than Rakell, but Rakell’s contract is a bargain if he returns to form. I don’t want him to wake up in the PNW and come back and torch us.

John

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

Manson probably has some trade value still. He doesn’t need to be given away for free.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
So with the addition of Fleury and Manson not being traded, and also playing much better, where does this put us with our exemptions?

It seems acquiring Fleury really puts a wrench into things. Unless BM just made the trade to let Fleury be exposed in the expansion draft.

John

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Protect:

F: Rakell, Silfverberg, Steel, Jones, Lundestrom, Terry, and Volkov

Get whatever anyone wants to pay for Heinen before the expansion draft if we can. Continue to shop Rakell, and if we get someone to meet our asking price, Milano takes his spot.

D: Fowler, Lindholm, Manson

Like Rakell, continue to shop Manson and if someone pays our asking price, Fleury takes his spot.

G: Gibson

Last edited:
Reactions: Anaheim4ever

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I wouldn’t even mind if they just protected 8 skaters in order to protect both Fleury and Manson. The only 4 forwards you absolutely need to protect are Terry, Rakell, Lundestrom, and Jones. Steel would normally fall under that category, but the organization doesn’t seem to care one way or another about him for some reason.

Bottom line is we’re only going to lose one player, and it’s either going to be someone overpaid or someone inconsequential.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Fowler and Silf can both be left unprotected IMO.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I was down on Manson before he came back, but he has played well since then. I’ve changed my position and don’t want to lose him for nothing.

I still think Silfverberg needs to go. He has devolved into an overpaid very good 3rd liner.

I’m on the fence post between 7-3-1 or 4-4-1. I wouldn’t protect Steel or Heinen.

John

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Jones is fun to have but he is 50/50 worth protecting imo. He brings things we need but he also plays like a chicken with his head cut off and has Cogliano hands. I could go either way with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad