Confirmed with Link: 2021 Expansion Draft (Haydn Fleury selected from Anaheim)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Good idea for this thread. I think something that might be useful for everyone is if someone could pin a list of players that need protecting and a list of players that don’t need protection.

I can do it later if I get some time

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I could literally care less who we lose compared to last expansion draft.

Reactions: Dmang714

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Good idea for this thread. I think something that might be useful for everyone is if someone could pin a list of players that need protecting and a list of players that don’t need protection.

I can do it later if I get some time
Probably won't pin one until the offseason (or at least till after the TDL) as it's hard to say who's going to be coming in and out until then but this is what we currently have to work with

upload_2021-2-25_12-11-54.png

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Certainly won't have any issue meeting the exposure requirements as Larsson/Shattenkirk, Henrique, Deslauriers/Grant, and Stolarz fit the bill

Reactions: McDonald19

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
He probably should have sent him down after 9 to preserve the extra year on his ELC, but Bob did nail the 10-game exemption on Max Comtois for expansion purposes.

I would imagine we’re going 7-3-1 like we did last time, but I don’t know which forwards I’d protect outside of the 4 kids whom are eligible (I would assume they’re all going to get slots unless we make a big quality for quantity trade). A lot of that also depends on the peripherals (I.E. Manson/Rakell potentially getting moved)

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Assuming no trades my list would be:

Silfverberg/Rakell/Terry/Jones/Lundestrom/Steel/Milano or Heinen (whoever finishes better)

Lindholm/Fowler/Larsson or Mahura (whoever finishes better)

Gibson

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
He probably should have sent him down after 9 to preserve the extra year on his ELC, but Bob did nail the 10-game exemption on Max Comtois for expansion purposes.

I would imagine we’re going 7-3-1 like we did last time, but I don’t know which forwards I’d protect outside of the 4 kids whom are eligible (I would assume they’re all going to get slots unless we make a big quality for quantity trade). A lot of that also depends on the peripherals (I.E. Manson/Rakell potentially getting moved)

I think that's proving to be a great move tbh. Comtois is emerging this year but he's only for the one year of it, its a little like Rakell after his ELC. One more year and he would've had a lot more bargaining power and I think the same is likely for Comtois. Could translate to major savings.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

Silfverberg/Rakell/Terry/Jones/Lundestrom/Steel/Milano or Heinen (whoever finishes better)

Lindholm/Fowler/Larsson or Mahura (whoever finishes better)

Gibson

I would rather sign Hawk and protect him then wait and protect one of those 2 guys.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Forwards: Lundestrom/Steel/Terry/Jones/Rakell/Milano/Heinen from the forwards.
Seattle picking one of Silf or Henrique would be a blessing for the team. Would free up alot of salary to make a run at Barkov in 2022.
Defense: Lindholm/Mahura/Fowler.
Manson is not much of a loss at this point and the team can wait til after expansion draft to sign Hakanpaa.

Reactions: 70sSanO

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Hakanpaa's been pretty good, but he's also about to be 29. Just doesn't make sense to me to protect him over a younger player with the direction we're trending.
Can just re-sign Haka after the expansion draft too. Assuming Henrique & Manson is exposed (or manson traded) they likely lose only Heinen or Larsson.
Mahura still has alot of potential that he could become a cheaper alternative to Fowler
and they could eventually trade Fowler in a few years for a forward as this team likely gets a LHD in the 2021 draft.
Only Clarke is the RHD.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Hakanpaa's been pretty good, but he's also about to be 29. Just doesn't make sense to me to protect him over a younger player with the direction we're trending.

I disagree personally. He is a RHD that slots into the second pairing.
I will take that for a couple years over Mahura or Larsson.

Ideally they sign him after the expansion draft and it doesn't matter, but none of our young defensemen have had a 20 game stretch like Hawk has had to start this season.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Is something that Bob Murray would do ? Trades Mahura to Seattle for them to select Henrique.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The good news is we don’t have many quality pieces worth protecting so we shouldn’t lose anyone noteworthy in the ED.

My current list and it would change as the year plays out is:

F:
Rakell
Silfverberg
Terry
Steel
Jones
Lundestrom
Heinen/Milano, likely the former.

D:
Lindholm
Fowler
Manson/Mahura depending on how Manson plays when he returns and how Mahura looks over the year.

Doesn’t give Seattle a lot to pick from to be honest.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
If Manson is still here he's an easy protect. Unless Mahura stays and lights it up there's little reason for Seattle to take him or Larsson, leaving Manson exposed just guarantees he goes go Seattle over Shattenkirk.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

Two healthy scratches in a row for Heinen and a $2.8 mil RFA qualifying offer this summer. He has time to turn things around, but not looking good right now.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
If Manson is still here he's an easy protect. Unless Mahura stays and lights it up there's little reason for Seattle to take him or Larsson, leaving Manson exposed just guarantees he goes go Seattle over Shattenkirk.
Manson has 1 year remaining after this season, in which we will in all likelihood be picking top 10 again and might not get extended. I would rather have several seasons of Mahura than 1 year of Manson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad