2021 expansion draft for Seattle Kraken

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

Definitely.

Somewhere I've seen a quote that Seattle is asking for big price to pick or protect a player. I'm guessing Francis is asking for best exempt player or something.

Vegas' GM is only saying that cause they are exempt.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
I'd take in the dumb contracts that teams are willing to trade draft picks for and tank for Shane Wright. Also, the Kraken should also draft Owen Power which I believe will not only be one of the best prospects in this draft but reminds me a lot of Chris Pronger.

The difference between this one and the Vegas draft was Bettman dropped the bomb on NHL teams which most were unprepared to lose players. This one, teams are going to be ready to lose players.

I think Power goes to Buffalo number one overall.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
This morning, the league released protected and exposed lists for 30 teams.

With the Habs Cary Price waiving his NMC to be exposed, some have wondered about CPs future...

Also, Seattle would be saddled with his NMC if selected in expansion draft.

There's also been some health concerns and CP is seeing doctors in NYC this week and may require surgery on knee(s).

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Montreal has played this perfectly

The Kraken should be able to build a team that will be a playoff contender in year 1

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
This morning, the league released protected and exposed lists for 30 teams.

With the Habs Cary Price waiving his NMC to be exposed, some have wondered about CPs future...

Also, Seattle would be saddled with his NMC if selected in expansion draft.

There's also been some health concerns and CP is seeing doctors in NYC this week and may require surgery on knee(s).

Teams can't Acquire a Player on a retained salary deal if that Player was on the team's Reserve List within the previous calendar year.

It's not really a Expansion Draft limitation.

Reactions: LadyStanley

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Vegas' GM is only saying that cause they are exempt.

So, why do you disagree? Do you not think cap space has greater value in a league with a flat cap for the next few years versus one where the cap is expected to increase each year?

aqib

Feb 13, 2012
Will guys like Parise who will be getting into the real back diving portion of his contract be willing to do Minny a solid and waive since it’s highly unlikely Seattle takes a $7 mill cap hit with very low salary for a guy past 35? In a flat cap world cap space is everything.

I'm not sure that isn't the type of contract Seattle would want take. They get to the floor and don't have to spend money. Who is to say they don't want to pile up high picks for a couple of years and build a sustainable winner?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Frank Seravelli reporting that Kraken has negotiated at least two deals with UFAs.

They waited until the last hour before submitting selections.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->