GDT: 2021 Expansion Draft Discussion Thread

Who is going to be chosen by Seattle?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
Seattle is my chosen 2nd team now and it's going to be a painful process watching them get to competition level. I have my doubts about the franchise even though the T birds have a big following. When I lived there, hardly any NHL stuff was popular. I'm hoping they can help the Caps out like they did with Pittsburgh, but wow the bloodletting will be strong a few years for that team, especially for a young Kraken fan.
Those jerseys are beauties.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
There's a clear Dougie Hamilton sized hole in Seattle's D group. We'll see. Assuming Giordano & Dunn stay there's not much there to move on the back-end. Fleury & Lauzon are okay. Nothing special. They've maintained maximum cap flexibility over any sort of hoarding of assets. We'll see what sort of side deals were reached. For now they're set up for a round of getting paid for their choice of cap dumps (along with DET, BUF & NJD).

I could see them perhaps having some interest in Schultz if Hamilton & Barrie go elsewhere. Anyone interested in Barrie could have interest in Schultz. Of the three Caps D I think Jensen is most movable, mostly due to lower cap hit. Even if they've had trouble moving him that's a manageable number for a third pair D. Then Dillon then Schultz I think.

Agreed and I don't believe Gio or Dunn will be with the team very long, especially at the TDL Giordano makes a great case for Captain of the Kraken though.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
All about cap space and defensive ability. Jensen can skate and has a great contract. Schultz to me is the odd man out.
This is exactly why its more realistic to trade Jensen. Every GM in the league knows Caps have 4 RDs and have to trade either Schultz or Jensen (almost have, ok).

I bet we wont pay to have Jensen taken from our hands. Is there a team that really needs Schultz? That's a big question.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I bet we wont pay to have Jensen taken from our hands. Is there a team that really needs Schultz? That's a big question.
Maybe Carolina if they don't sign Hamilton or Barrie. Edmonton if they don't sign Barrie and don't believe Bouchard is ready. That might be just about it beyond maybe a rebuilding team that would probably want assets for taking him. I'm not sure anyone's banging their door down on any of those three really but, yeah, Jensen's lower cap hit is likely a little easier to move.

Kevin Weekes put in the work.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
From what I’ve read I’m in the minority not liking the Kraken sweaters. Nice colors but those sleeves are hideous. I do like my Kraken hat.

Reactions: fniss

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
It so happens that we will be moving to the the Puget Sound region in the next couple of months so good timing. Never could learn to love the Sharks. Maybe the Kraken will take.

My sister and her husband are doing the same move next month (San Jose to Seattle after a year back in Maryland during the pandemic)

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad