Prospect Info: 2021 Entry Draft #37 - Josh Doan (RW)

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Doan just confirmed that they didn't show him the list with Josh on it until last night. He said Josh was right around where they took him. So I guess they must have had him late 20s early 30s. His list prior was Joshless. They kept him out of Josh all discussion.
That’s awesome

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
With Ty Boucher going 10th overall it’s not an unreasonable fear that Josh Doan might go 30th overall. Truly.

And it’s a great point about Doan. They could have taken him with their final pick in the last draft. They didn’t.

They also could have taken Plandowski’s kid with their second 4th and they did not. So it wasn’t do dads a favor day in our war room.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
delete

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 7.50.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 7.50.00 PM.png
    254.5 KB · Views: 6

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Change the hair color and put on a few pounds and he looks exactly like his dad did when he came into the league.
I have some left over pounds i wanna shed.
Maybe he takes some of them.

Of course i will throw in some picks :D

I won't give my hair or my muscles though.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Really cool to see you guys pick up Doan.

I'm a Bruins fan, but my grandparents have been in AZ my whole life, and my parents in Phoenix for the last 8 years, so I have a big soft spot for the Yotes. Hoping Doan is a big piece of a strong future for your team!

Reactions: Jakey53

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Quotables

“One aspect of Doan’s game that is particularly notable is his play away from the puck. He plays a fast paced game and is especially aggressive on the forecheck. He does a good job attacking the puck carrier and uses his speed and active stick to knock the puck away from puck-carriers. He surprises opposing players with his speed and aggressiveness, forcing them to give up the puck or lose it entirely. Although he does not always regain control of the puck after a challenge, he does a good job stopping the current play and forcing the team opposing him to regroup.” – David Ciss, The Puck Authority

“Josh is the son of former NHL All-Star, Shane Doan. The work rate that he maintains on a shift-to-shift basis is something to behold. Considering the massive size disadvantage often at play, one has to applaud his courage. Even off the puck in the offensive zone, one can find Doan trying like mad to deploy an effective screen in front of the goaltender.” – J.D. Burke, Elite Prospects

“Shane’s son is a second year eligible right shooting centre-wing whose game combines parts of the power forward aspect and tons of real offensive finesse. Strong possession player fearless in the dirty areas, with high-end hockey IQ, creativity, and natural feel for the on-ice situations. Very strong on the puck he scores from both finding the soft spots but also from finishing on rebounds and deletions and loose pucks in close. I am fairly certain gets to his father’s size and he has got a lot of polish and skill besides that brash style he can play that his dad did! Need time in the weight room and more on-ice development. He has committed to Arizona State University.” – Bill Placzek, Lines

Reactions: Grimes and RemoAZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->