Prospect Info: 2021 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Super lame if we end up last in the league, otherwise its ok. ;)

I just don’t watch as much hockey(with covid its not the same) but I want the same thing all sens fans want which is a cup contending team. Come 2022-2023 season we go HAM HAM on a playoff run. I just don’t want a half assed rebuilded team and I’m glad we have offensive weapons and a potentially lethal D-core in the making.

I just want what’s best for the sens.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
An older scouting report but Kirby Dach's younger brother is eligible for this draft. I wonder how well they compare as prospects.
Colton Dach at eliteprospects.com
Blending offensive intuitiveness with profound finishing abilities, the Saskatoon Blades prospect has displayed one rare qualities over the past couple seasons, making him worthy of a lottery selection the the 2018 WHL Draft. Excelling without the puck offensively, Dach utilizes his slippery frame and heavy stick to sneak into high percentage scoring area’s undetected thus making him one of the most productive scorers around the net in his draft class. His shot, while it lacks velocity, connects with pin point accuracy often located at the top half of the net attached with a quick deceptive release he can get off from many different angles. Dach’s playmaking abilities are above average as well, adhering his play along the wall and opening himself to the middle of the ice. A smooth operator when in possession, utilizing his above average vision from the perimeter mixed with the confidence that he can put passes into any spot in the offensive zone with ease. Someone who I would consider lanky at 6’2 174lbs, Dach utilizes that to slip by contact along the wall and win race’s to puck with the extra edge in range, still has some filling out to do as well. His skating is fine possessing a long composed stride and smooth edge work that allows him to quickly transition from defensive to offence or from offence to defence. The calmness to his game is really intriguing, while his urgency lacks, the patience and calmness allow to him to hits spots on the ice in a timely matter and never look flustered with the puck. Honing excellent puck skills, Dach has a soft touch on the puck and when feeling pressure from the opposing team he rely’s on creativity by attempting to expose the oppositions triangle. Loves to roll of the wall into the middle of the ice, or in a better scoring area, to unleash his shot. Defensively Dach is okay, he often relies on imposing his long reach to apply pressure to the puck carrier and can get too focused on the pucks at times, certainly when defending the transition. Utilizing that long reach of his in a sneaky matter to create turnovers with back pressure or along the wall. Also having the ability to quickly close guys out along the wall and make crushing physical plays when he wants to. Dach possesses an edge to his game as well, loves to vocally get under the other teams skin or make subtle plays after the whistle, having some bite to his game will surely help him translate to the WHL level as a 16 year old.

Overall an intelligent player who displays the complete package offensive, with room for growth. Dach is expected to enter the league next year and could have the opportunity to play along side his brother. Likely fills in as a middle six forward next year and taking time to get his game to that next level. In all likely hood, Dach is expected to be a top six winger on the Blades by age 17, being a key piece of that teams young core coming up and filling holes that will be left by some of there aging player over the next couple seasons. At his prime I’d judge Dach would be around an 80+ point player, obviously gaging attention with his blood lines from NHL Scouts. The best comparable for Dach right now is his brother Kirby.

GM Quote: “He will always be compared with Kirby but they are actually quite different personalities and different players on the ice. He has an excellent deceptive shot and is already 6’2. He has a mean streak to his game and has a lot of pro potential as either a winger or centre. His family has excellent work habits and character and while he’s likely going to take a little more time than Kirby did to put up numbers he is going to be an outstanding player for us in the coming years “ – Colin Priestner (GM/Saskatoon Blades) Player Profile: Colton Dach - DraftGeek

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I’d be very surprised if the Sens weren’t hot for Sillinger, and I’d bet a lot they have him much higher than consensus.

Getting a Center who is the best goal scorer in the draft would be fantastic. Can see him atop the Sens board for forwards, or in the very least in a tier with Guenther, Berniers and Johnson. Plays a very pro style game as well.

I’d be very surprised if he lasts past the top 6-8 picks, and wouldn’t be surprised whatsoever at him going as high as top 3.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Same. From watching him, I thought he was a short, strong centre and was astounded when I saw his height listing. Maybe it's just his skating style?
He skates the same way Zibanejad did, hunched over

You can see how long his body is with his reach. When he’s up straight he is all of 6+ feet. I’d say 6 for sure possibly 6’1.

Last edited:
Reactions: foggyvisor

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Looks 5’9? Not sure that’s accurate, he easily looked 6 feet minimum just looking at him.
He just looked shorter. My barometer is always hossa. Who’s was always listed at 6’1. Beniers cerstianly did not look taller than Hossa. But that’s just me. I have to believe the measurements.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He skates the same way Zibanejad did, hunched over

You can see how long his body is with his reach. When he’s up straight he is all of 6+ feet. I’d say 6 for sure possibly 6’1.

Lmao yeah kid still doesn’t look 6’2. Who knows.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Lmao yeah kid still doesn’t look 6’2. Who knows.
He is eye to eye with Boldy when they celebrate his goal. If he’s any shorter, it’s by an inch or so.

He’s listed at 6’1 by Michigan, that seems accurate looking at him and 6’2/3 Boldy.

Last edited:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Beniers has a wide base and a lower center of gravity when skating, probably makes him look a bit smaller than he is.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’m sold on trading our first rounder at the draft. We need someone who is ready to play now.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If Matthew Tkachuk is available(if those rumors of a locker room divide are true) I'd package this pick+ for him

Without QUESTION. Would be dream acquisition of mine short of Barkov/Drai/Jones.

However, I would do this if we play Stutzle at C and he looks good there, Stutzle is too smart and has played C before for it not to work. He's like Giroux, just needs seasoning at wing first for his strength, but Stutzle has shown stick checking, vision, and ability to dominate down the middle.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Give me one more fast top six forward from the top 10 to play with Norris, Bath, Stützle, and Brady and I think we're golden.

Reactions: SensFan1010
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad