Prospect Info: 2021 Draft Thread

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Nice post, clearly the Button brothers have similar opinions. I'll definitely be looking back at Button's list when our picks are due up.
They agreed on Jankowski

I remember that….I also remember Craig was an idiot when he ran the flames and has not found a real job since. It’s not a compliment to compare to him

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
This year has been a disaster and we're like 11th reverse standings wise... How bad are some of these teams in the league

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'm hoping Johnson is available for us but I doubt he lasts that long. Realistically McTavish, Sillinger, and Lucius all seem like solid prospects. I just wish we could get Power or Hughes that would be massive in terms of rebuilding the defense.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Bourgault is a guy that might sneak up. Also Olaussson has size/speed so potentially another riser.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm hoping Johnson is available for us but I doubt he lasts that long. Realistically McTavish, Sillinger, and Lucius all seem like solid prospects. I just wish we could get Power or Hughes that would be massive in terms of rebuilding the defense.

Imagine having a shortened season, where you weren’t really out for the first 3/4... and only having to endure 14-16 games of just flat out garbage to rebuild your defence with an A+ piece. Like a true definition of short term pain for long term gain... and you just couldn’t help yourself but not accept that.

Instead you push for no reason, and you end up with the same team.

It’s actually infuriating. Fun fact, probably of a player picked in the top 5 versus player picked 10-15 playing over 100 games drops... wait for it...30%

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Imagine having a shortened season, where you weren’t really out for the first 3/4... and only having to endure 14-16 games of just flat out garbage to rebuild your defence with an A+ piece. Like a true definition of short term pain for long term gain... and you just couldn’t help yourself but not accept that.

It’s actually infuriating. Fun fact, probably of a player picked in the top 5 versus player picked 10-15 playing over 100 games drops... wait for it...30%
It's pretty obvious this team doesn't know how to get where they want to go. And I think that Treliving is a lame duck GM by now

Reactions: Volica

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

I'm not even upset we kept trying to make the playoffs until we were officially eliminated but now that we are out guys like markstrom and Tanev that have a history of injury troubles shouldn't be playing let them get a jump on the offseason. Young guys should be given opportunities to see what we have, Dube should be playing center in the top 6, Mangiapane should be given every pp chance we can give him, Valimaki should be in the top 4, Kylington should be playing.

I have no idea what the plan for this team is other than hoping the stars align next year and we can sneak into the playoffs

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm not even upset we kept trying to make the playoffs until we were officially eliminated but now that we are out guys like markstrom and Tanev that have a history of injury troubles shouldn't be playing let them get a jump on the offseason. Young guys should be given opportunities to see what we have, Dube should be playing center in the top 6, Mangiapane should be given every pp chance we can give him, Valimaki should be in the top 4, Kylington should be playing.

I have no idea what the plan for this team is other than hoping the stars align next year and we can sneak into the playoffs
You are completely ignoring these guys are competitive athletes, they don't just want to be be sat because games mean nothing.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Fun fact, if drafted by Calgary Mason McTavish would be a second generation Flame. His dad Dale played 9 games for us in 1996-97

The same year as Sami Helenius, who only played 7 games for us but somehow I remeber much more.
Samuel Helenius should go 1st rnd as well, but the slighest chance we get him in the 2nd

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Here’s my top 16 players. Basically, I have mine split into two tiers:

Tier 1
Power
Beniers
Clarke
Eklund
Hughes
Guenther
Edvinsson
Johnson

Tier 2
MacTavish
Pinelli
Wallstedt
Lysell
Coronato
Lucius
Lambos
Sillinger

If any of the top 8 fall to us, grab him and run. It’s a strong possibility Wallstedt goes before 12, and that risers like Pinelli/MacTavish/Coronato can get us one of the top tier players.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
DraftLotteryOdds-19053932.png

** NHL announced forfeiture of Arizona Coyotes’ 1st-round pick in 2021 NHL Draft in sanctions announced Aug. 26, 2020. Arizona being selected in either Lottery Draw will result in a re-draw.

NHL.com Media Site

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
So if I understand the lottery rules right the Flames have 2 chances at picking 3rd overall or they will pick 12,13, or 14 depending on how lucky the Flyers, Stars and Rangers are...Funny how I have a feeling the Flames will end up with the 14th pick

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
So if I understand the lottery rules right the Flames have 2 chances at picking 3rd overall or they will pick 12,13, or 14 depending on how lucky the Flyers, Stars and Rangers are...Funny how I have a feeling the Flames will end up with the 14th pick

The rule change essentially means 2 balls will be drawn instead of the usual 3. So the Flames could win 1st or 2nd overall, but not 3rd overall.

Next year, teams will be restricted from moving more than 10 spots up, should they win.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
The rule change essentially means 2 balls will be drawn instead of the usual 3. So the Flames could win 1st or 2nd overall, but not 3rd overall.

Next year, teams will be restricted from moving more than 10 spots up, should they win.
Got it thanks for clarifying. The cap friendly mock draft tool has the 10 spot rule in place for this draft which is why I thought it was for this year.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->