NFL: 2021 Draft Prospects

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
As a Packers fan, I'd love to grab Trey Sermon in the middle rounds depending on when he's available. I love shifty backs who like to cut outside when the middle gets clogged up.

(In this scenario, we likely don't resign Aaron Jones)
Barring you having an elite RB like McCaffery, Cook, type of guy, most teams will move off their RB1. Always going to be good backs coming out of college each year.
CBA really hurts the RB position, which makes the decision by Etienne/Hubbard to return NCAA this past season puzzling from a monetary POV.

Seahawks are a different team with Chris Carson, but there is a ceiling that they won't go past to keep him. And for Carson, with teams having busted on Murray, Bell, McKinnon, etc. do they even dare to toss top end money to a FA RB anymore?

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Dolphins clinch 3rd overall. Looking like Lawrence-Fields-Sewell is locked in

They've got a bunch of picks, right? Bodes well for an almost playoff team.
I could see them trade down as they don't need a QB

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Dolphins clinch 3rd overall. Looking like Lawrence-Fields-Sewell is locked in
Fields is not a lock. Depends on the new coach and his opinion on Darnold. Could get bookend tackles to protect the QB.

be curious to see which teams want to trade up for a qb. Can see question marks on the guys after Lawrance.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Fields is not a lock. Depends on the new coach and his opinion on Darnold. Could get bookend tackles to protect the QB.

be curious to see which teams want to trade up for a qb. Can see question marks on the guys after Lawrance.
Even if the Jets don’t want Fields, if I were them I’d trade down to a team that does and compile as many future picks as possible, as they lack talent everywhere on the roster.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Even if the Jets don’t want Fields, if I were them I’d trade down to a team that does and compile as many future picks as possible, as they lack talent everywhere on the roster.
Who would likely come calling?

ATL? Car? Chi? Dal? NE no chance they let a division rival get a QB. SF?

you’re likely asking for next years 1 if it’s anyone but ATL right? ATL you might do their 2nd pick this year to drop to 4.

I don’t see the RG3 return for the chance to pick QB #2 this season.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Who would likely come calling?

ATL? Car? Chi? Dal? NE no chance they let a division rival get a QB. SF?

you’re likely asking for next years 1 if it’s anyone but ATL right? ATL you might do their 2nd pick this year to drop to 4.

I don’t see the RG3 return for the chance to pick QB #2 this season.
Detroit, Atlanta, Washington, Carolina, Chicago, and San Francisco I could all see having varying degrees of interest

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Detroit, Atlanta, Washington, Carolina, Chicago, and San Francisco I could all see having varying degrees of interest
Right now on NFL.com the draft order would be: (but I think some of these teams with identical records will be flipped)

Jax
NYJ
Mia (Hou)
Atl
Cin
Phi
Det
Den
Car
SF
NYG
DAL
NE
MIN
LAC
LV
AZ
MIA

So, of the non-playoff teams, who would move up for a QB?

4) ATL - might just sit tight and see if one lands in their lap
6) PHI - I don't think they trade up. Have to decide if they believe in Hurts or not.
7) Det
8) Den
9) Car
10) SF
12) Dal
13) NE
14) Min - final year of Cousins coming up. Don't think they move up. If Lance falls to them I could see them taking him. Don't see them taking Trask/Jones here
18) Mia - would it make more sense if Lance fell a bit for them to move this pick and the Houston 2nd to get a him?

Last edited:

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I'd love Bucs to take Alim McNeill in 1st round, not sure he will be available though. I'd look for another RB in the late rounds, too.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Right now on NFL.com the draft order would be: (but I think some of these teams with identical records will be flipped)

Jax
NYJ
Mia (Hou)
Atl
Cin
Phi
Det
Den
Car
SF
NYG
DAL
NE
MIN
LAC
LV
AZ
MIA

So, of the non-playoff teams, who would move up for a QB?

4) ATL - might just sit tight and see if one lands in their lap
6) PHI - I don't think they trade up. Have to decide if they believe in Hurts or not.
7) Det
8) Den
9) Car
10) SF
12) Dal
13) NE
14) Min - final year of Cousins coming up. Don't think they move up. If Lance falls to them I could see them taking him. Don't see them taking Trask/Jones here
18) Mia - would it make more sense if Lance fell a bit for them to move this pick and the Houston 2nd to get a him?
If Fields has a good final, shouldn't Denver try to move up and trade with the Jets? Their #8 pick is quite a trade chip, but won't guarantee a top QB prospect.

Please let me go nuts for a moment: DEN offers #8 + 2022 1st to NYJ for #2 + 2022 2nd. Who says no?

Gruß,
BSHH

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If Fields has a good final, shouldn't Denver try to move up and trade with the Jets? Their #8 pick is quite a trade chip, but won't guarantee a top QB prospect.

Please let me go nuts for a moment: DEN offers #8 + 2022 1st to NYJ for #2 + 2022 2nd. Who says no?

Gruß,
BSHH
I don’t think the Rams and Eagles when they moved up to get Goff and Wentz got back a 2nd round pick.

pretty much the cost to flip picks would be your 2022 1st rounder. Or maybe you can get by with two second round picks. But not just for a drop of about 25 picks next season.

Sep 19, 2008
McShay's new NFL mock draft: Five first-round QBs, including a no-brainer at No. 1

1. Jacksonville Jaguars Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

Did you expect anyone else? I haven't seen a quarterback prospect quite like Lawrence in almost a decade, and the Jaguars are certainly in the market for one. Gardner Minshew, Mike Glennon and Jake Luton combined for the NFL's second-worst Total QBR in 2020 (43.7). Jacksonville will have a new general manager and a new coach after losing 15 games, and the 6-foot-6 Lawrence -- who has a huge arm, good mobility in the pocket and all the intangibles you could ask for -- would give the team a starting quarterback who should soon be among the NFL's best. Lawrence declared for the draft on Wednesday.

2. New York Jets Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

General manager Joe Douglas has a lot of decisions to make ahead of free agency and the draft, not the least of which is what to do at quarterback. The Jets' pair of late-season victories made it an even more difficult call. BYU's Zach Wilson or Ohio State's Justin Fields could be in play, as could a trade back to stockpile more picks. Moving down would really be the ideal move.

Since we're not mocking trades this far out, and with Lawrence off the board, I think the Jets will stick with Sam Darnold as their guy under center and build around him. That begins with a game-changing offensive tackle. New York allowed 43 sacks this season, and its rushing attack tied for sixth worst in yards per carry (4.1). Sewell, a 2020 opt-out, would do wonders for both weak spots. And after taking Mekhi Becton in Round 1 in April, the Jets would have a pair of elite tackles bookending the line.

3. Miami Dolphins (via HOU) DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

No, I don't think the Dolphins are drafting another quarterback. I do think they will draft a high-impact player here to give Tua Tagovailoa support. Smith, who caught 83 passes from Tagovailoa over three years at Alabama, is the real deal. He is quick off the line, excellent on vertical shots and able to haul in anything thrown in his direction. Miami managed just 7.1 yards per attempt when targeting a wide receiver this season (27th in the NFL), whereas Smith piled up more than 1,600 receiving yards and 20 touchdowns in 2020 -- and the Heisman Trophy winner still has another college game to play.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
They both are best suited for DE in 3-4 but who brings more potential - Daviyon Nixon or Christian Barmore?

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Could we see all QBs go in the top four picks? It all depends on Atlanta by the looks of it.

1. Jags - Lawrence
2. Jets - Wilson
3. 49ers - Fields/Lance
4. Falcons - Fields/Lance?

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Could we see all QBs go in the top four picks? It all depends on Atlanta by the looks of it.

1. Jags - Lawrence
2. Jets - Wilson
3. 49ers - Fields/Lance
4. Falcons - Fields/Lance?

Ryan’s contract is terrible, so he will be in Atlanta for a couple of more seasons. They could groom his replacement, but they could also go Pitts there.

QB is a lock for the top 3. Don’t be surprised if SF looks closely at Jones for their future QB spot, even though I think that is too high for him.

Sewell should go 5, but Burrow wants his former teammate there. I think they should go Sewell, and give Burrow the protection he needs.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Ryan’s contract is terrible, so he will be in Atlanta for a couple of more seasons. They could groom his replacement, but they could also go Pitts there.

QB is a lock for the top 3. Don’t be surprised if SF looks closely at Jones for their future QB spot, even though I think that is too high for him.

Sewell should go 5, but Burrow wants his former teammate there. I think they should go Sewell, and give Burrow the protection he needs.
ATL would have to eat the Ryan contract, like the Eagles did with the $33 mill of Wentz and pretty much suffer through a season with that dead money if they wanted to draft a QB.

Probably see them dropping down with Denver if they were not going to take a QB. Don't see them swapping with Carolina, a division rival, to give them a shot at a QB for the next dozen years.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
ATL would have to eat the Ryan contract, like the Eagles did with the $33 mill of Wentz and pretty much suffer through a season with that dead money if they wanted to draft a QB.

Probably see them dropping down with Denver if they were not going to take a QB. Don't see them swapping with Carolina, a division rival, to give them a shot at a QB for the next dozen years.
I can see Atlanta get a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Thinking rn

1. T-Law Jags
2. Wilson Jets
3. 49ers Fields
4. Falcons/Broncos Lance
5. Bengals Sewell
6. Dolphins Chase
7. Lions Smith
8. Panthers Slater/Pitts
9. Broncos/Falcons Parsons
10. Cowboys Surtain

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Falcons will regret passing on Sewell
That could be the case if he ends up being an all pro LT.

At this point, seems like Denver is the best optiont o trade up from #9, which could mean that both Sewell (Cin) and Slater (Car) are gone by the time they pick at #9. Would leave them with one of the pass catchers and their choice of the first Defensive player. So, what they get in return has to be worth moving down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad