NCAA 2022 Conference Tournament/NCAA Tournament Thread

Sep 19, 2008
This WCC championship game is pretty good. BYU is leading #1 and unbeaten Gonzaga.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Some of you were probably not born the last time Duke missed out on the NCAA tournament (1995). The last Coach-K team to miss was 1983 (K had a back injury in '95 so he didn't coach that season)

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Purdue pulls within 2 after being down 18 at the half

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Illinois playing like they truly don’t intend on losing another game this season. I think they beat OSU in another close battle to win the BIG10 tournament. And then keep the momentum flowing all the way to the Final 4, and unless they beat themselves(turnovers and missed FTs)....they’re my pick to win the whole thing. Playing their best ball at the perfect time. They’ve got everything: Elite top end talent, depth, size, outstanding guards, experience, coaching, offensive firepower(down low and on the perimeter), and most importantly IMO they are SUFFOCATING on defense. They defend at such an elite level. I just don’t see anyone beating them if they’re on their A game.

Last edited:
Reactions: kihei and Club

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Illinois playing like they truly don’t intend on losing another game this season. I think they beat OSU in another close battle to win the BIG10 tournament. And then keep the momentum flowing all the way to the Final 4, and unless they beat themselves(turnovers and missed FTs)....they’re my pick to win the whole thing. Playing their best ball at the perfect time. They’ve got everything: Elite top end talent, depth, size, outstanding guards, experience, coaching, offensive firepower(down low and on the perimeter), and most importantly IMO they are SUFFOCATING on defense. They defend at such an elite level. I just don’t see anyone beating them if they’re on their A game.

Which can be said about any team. Mind you, they have already lost to Baylor. Who, along with Gonzaga, are recognized as the top two teams in the nation.

National tournament will be different as you're not accustomed with the team you face in league play. Injuries and matchups always are a factor but now you have Coronavirus to deal with as well. Have the feeling this won't be a chalky type tournament.

#1 are locked up with Michigan likely hanging on to the fourth slot. Which would be some good news as they lost Livers to an injury in the B10 tournament and need to get him back if they want to go far. I think Dickinson got banged up as well today.

Curious on how they situate so many B10 teams that have high seeds. For instance, Lunardi has Illinois as the third #1 with Iowa and Purdue as a #2 and #4 respectively. All of this is just projection but I can't see that happening.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Which can be said about any team. Mind you, they have already lost to Baylor. Who, along with Gonzaga, are recognized as the top two teams in the nation.

National tournament will be different as you're not accustomed with the team you face in league play. Injuries and matchups always are a factor but now you have Coronavirus to deal with as well. Have the feeling this won't be a chalky type tournament.

#1 are locked up with Michigan likely hanging on to the fourth slot. Which would be some good news as they lost Livers to an injury in the B10 tournament and need to get him back if they want to go far. I think Dickinson got banged up as well today.

Curious on how they situate so many B10 teams that have high seeds. For instance, Lunardi has Illinois as the third #1 with Iowa and Purdue as a #2 and #4 respectively. All of this is just projection but I can't see that happening.

“Which can be said about any team”

??

Illinois playing their best ball of the season right now, firing on all cylinders ...that was my point. How can that be said about “any team”?

They look like a completely different team than the one that lost early non-conference games to Baylor, Missouri, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->