WJC: 2021 Canada Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, Goncalves scored. ROR stood up to and destroyed the biggest, best forward on the other team. Schwindt and Foerster missed the second game. I actually thought Sebrango looked pretty good. I don't agree that Robertson will be cut. Do agree that Beckman has to show something....the guy was the WHL scoring leader and has to finish. Suzuki was ok, but I'd agree he was just below the cut line

With defensive Dmen, you want them to not stick out, for the most part. I'm sure that they will have coaches all over them picking apart their game, and figuring out what they need. Barron scored a nice goal, but also had a bad turnover or two. He looks to be the type of player that can win you a game, or lose you a game. Does the team need that at this point, or do they want a duller, more steady player?

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
One of the couple times we watched hockey in the gym at school. Still can't believe it.
I remember that day. I was listening at work on the radio. Myself and my coworkers were so shocked.

TBH, I've never watched that game - it would be too painful.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Yes, I can't find a definite answer on this.

Is the game at noon Eastern, or 2 p.m. Eastern??????

The information I have from Hockey Canada says 2p.m. Eastern, but I am seeing noon other places.

Can someone clear this up?

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
I remember that day. I was listening at work on the radio. Myself and my coworkers were so shocked.

TBH, I've never watched that game - it would be too painful.

It was especially painful considering Canada hadn't won since 1997, with the domination from the Russians & Czechs over the previous 6 tournaments. I being 8 years old didn't have memories of that, but could still understand the magnitude of what it meant to lose to the US in the gold medal game. Even the gap between the 09' and 15' wins was two years shorter and that felt like an eternity without victory.

Reactions: ORRFForever

Hagstrom

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
Everything I'm seeing from Hockey Canada says 10AM MST, which would be noon ET. The stream also has a countdown going for when the stream will start

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
It was especially painful considering Canada hadn't won since 1997, with the domination from the Russians & Czechs over the previous 6 tournaments. I being 8 years old didn't have memories of that, but could still understand the magnitude of what it meant to lose to the US in the gold medal game. Even the gap between the 09' and 15' wins was two years shorter and that felt like an eternity without victory.
That's true. Thankfully a 5 year Gold Medal run made things better. :)

Reactions: novisor

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
???

What have you heard?
I’m sure that was speculation, but it stands to reason that if things start to get out of hand this tournament could easily be cancelled as so many others already have been. Two coaches and now two players and we’ve barely started. It won’t take too much more before the organizers start weighing liability.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I’m sure that was speculation, but it stands to reason that if things start to get out of hand this tournament could easily be cancelled as so many others already have been. Two coaches and now two players and we’ve barely started. It won’t take too much more before the organizers start weighing liability.
Unfortunately, you make some good points. Having said that, the NHL did well once they were in the bubble.

Last edited:
Reactions: Statsy

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Was about to exercise then I looked at the clock and thought, " The scrimmage is on! Red vs White!!! " Try to watch it on line (via HF info) and bad news. Again... CRUD!!!

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Why not bubble earlier than that? Early December.
I can not say about Canada, but as I know, the Russian NT camp starting in a few days. They will be isolated in their training facility in Novogorsk, tested, then moving to Canada for WJC.

The same with the Slovak NT. Their camp is in a bubble, hoping in the city of Zvolen. Also tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad