2021 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Kile likely goes back to Portland next season due to the rules about opt out teams... that's why Florida added him due to the connections @ Michigan...
Sissons has signed with KalPa for next season, Gignac with Jacksonville, and David Quenneville with Rapid City would likely have been assigned to Adirondack if they hadn't opted out. Maybe Quenneville still goes to Rapid City to play with his brother though.

Today's ECHL transaction wire should be interesting as I believe today may be the roster deadline to be eligible to play in Kelly Cup playoffs. Assigned players need to play five ECHL regular season games. Not sure about goaltenders. Regular season ends June 5th.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Sissons has signed with KalPa for next season, Gignac with Jacksonville, and David Quenneville with Rapid City would likely have been assigned to Adirondack if they hadn't opted out. Maybe Quenneville still goes to Rapid City to play with his brother though.

Today's ECHL transaction wire should be interesting as I believe today may be the roster deadline to be eligible to play in Kelly Cup playoffs. Assigned players need to play five ECHL regular season games. Not sure about goaltenders. Regular season ends June 5th.
minimum 5 games is the max limit, but the rule I mentioned is in play for 2022/23 IN regards to protection lists.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
6 wins, 29 losses. Special teams is horrendous

So what specifically is the problem? We can all see the record and the stats. What is the coach doing wrong? Who is in charge of the PP? Do the players have any accountability for the results? You seem to have very strong opinions but if all you offer are conclusions it’s easy to dismiss them as unsupported.

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
So what specifically is the problem? We can all see the record and the stats. What is the coach doing wrong? Who is in charge of the PP? Do the players have any accountability for the results? You seem to have very strong opinions but if all you offer are conclusions it’s easy to dismiss them as unsupported.
Stop drinking the kool aid and watch the games. It’s a results based business. The head coach is the captain of the ship and in charge

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Stop drinking the kool aid and watch the games. It’s a results based business. The head coach is the captain of the ship and in charge

So you can’t offer any substance? Pointing me back to the record isn’t helping you. Telling me to watch more isn’t helping you. I’m not a fan of the coach nor am I against him. I’m trying to help you here. You do realize that your hot takes are a sort of comic relief here? I’m giving you a a chance to get past that and be seen as reasonable. Insulting me doesn’t make you right about anything.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
so New Jersey owning the franchise is the problem, Quest.....

who's buying the franchise from them then..... and where's that wealthy independent ownership coming from.... when 2/3 of the league has trended the opposite direction the last 8 seasons since 2014/15?

what you are advocating for is the direct opposite of what's been the trend and why Binghamton/Mitchell was informed that the franchise was being pulled, whether it was Utica or elsewhere a year ahead of the timeframe the Devils announced in 2017...

that's unfortunately the way the AHL has trended the last 8 years, ever notice why you're seeing a lot of Utica, and the other NY Teams in addition to the Hershey/WBS/LV triangle....

all of those other teams including Adirondack are in different leagues....which Binghamton likely is trending that way

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Why are you even here? All you do is be negative and complain and add nothing to the conversation. Did you get kick off all about the jersey for annoying them too? :laugh::laugh::naughty:
Waiting for Seney to move on? He’s a UFA this off-season. They may keep him around though.

Dennehy is not getting fired right now. AHL is literally a development league and when they are playing 34 games in practice rink they can go heavy on the rookies more and win less. So, yeah, making the same broad complaints about his coaching isn’t that productive.

Once it’s a real full season and Utica enters the chat they will definitely want to win a lot more. (But it still will be a development league.)

Reactions: Darkauron

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Waiting for Seney to move on? He’s a UFA this off-season. They may keep him around though.

Dennehy is not getting fired right now. AHL is literally a development league and when they are playing 34 games in practice rink they can go heavy on the rookies more and win less. So, yeah, making the same broad complaints about his coaching isn’t that productive.

Once it’s a real full season and Utica enters the chat they will definitely want to win a lot more. (But it still will be a development league.)

Haha yeah pretty much that. I want to see seney on a different team just to inevitably laugh when he becomes a fan of that team and leaves here.

Reactions: Guttersniped

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Zetterlund should have been called up this year. Still havhave hope he carves out an NHL career. Has shown improvement in his numbers this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->