2021 All Star Game to be played at Coors Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I didn't bring anything political up. That's the point; sports should be apolitical.

And I asked you whose fault it is. You seemed to be having another “shut up and dribble” moment, which is basically a “Trump is great, deal with it” narrative.

I don’t remember sports being this outspoken regarding politics back in the Obama era. Except for an extremely rare occasion when Tim Thomas skipped the visit in 2011, teams still met up with the POTUS. Before you say this is a Democratic thing, sports teams still visited Bush and embraced his invitations despite the disagreements with his policies. The point is, people knew how to respect and put politics aside with presidents pre-Trump.

Last edited:

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Haha sports being apolitical.

He just means he doesnt like the players speaking out because they are generally left leaning. The owners donating tons to generally right leaning recipients is perfectly fine.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

He just means he doesnt like the players speaking out because they are generally left leaning. The owners donating tons to generally right leaning recipients is perfectly fine.
this

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

What is funny about being apolitical? We all should be trying to be apolitical. You know why? Because you are making assumptions about what I like and don't like due to your own understanding of politics.

And what does this have to do with the MLB, not the players or the owners, taking a partisan position on a political issue? Pretty dumb from a business perspective.

Last edited:

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier was essentially a political move. I guess in your view, the Dodgers shouldn’t have gotten involved.

What was political about it? They gave a roster place to a deserving player. If someone wanted to make a big deal out of that, that was out of Dodgers control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad